Jul 09, 2011, 09:37 PM
Visit My Blog
Syma Mini Chinook:
Does anyone own one? What are the opinions? Flight time? Power? I have one and it seems to run out of juice at the 3 min mark. Takes about 30 mins to charge. Does it seem to fly better backward than forward? When going forward does it want to descend unless you add more throttle? When going backwards does it want to climb unless you decrease throttle? Is it just an underpowered heli or do I have a lemon? Is the prop and gain adjustable?
Jim
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
That is the way they fly...I have a blade tandem rescue and it has the same characteristics as yours.
Jul 10, 2011, 12:58 AM
Master Of My Universe
Hi Jim,
Here are a couple of threads on the S026 Chinook
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1221579
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1236419
I'm sure there was another one but I can't find it at the moment.
I have a few S026's (non-gyro and gyro) and one in particular has the characteristics you describe.
When I am flying them I give them a few clicks on the forward trim so when in a hover they are moving forward without any stick input from me. That way I can get a really good forward speed and plenty fun. If I want to fly backwards I do the same thing but give it some clicks on the reverse trim.
I can only suggest you try a new battery for your three minute limit and see if that helps. One member fitted his Chinook out withan extension plug that will take the E-flite batteries for the mCX/ mSR and velcro'd them to the underside of the Chinook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Syma Mini Chinook:
Does anyone own one? What are the opinions? Flight time? Power? I have one and it seems to run out of juice at the 3 min mark. Takes about 30 mins to charge. Does it seem to fly better backward than forward? When going forward does it want to descend unless you add more throttle? When going backwards does it want to climb unless you decrease throttle? Is it just an underpowered heli or do I have a lemon? Is the prop and gain adjustable?
Jim
Jul 10, 2011, 05:27 AM
Nice......wish I had one!!!!
Jul 10, 2011, 11:53 PM

Up/Down Play In Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
TBE is not caused by rotor blades it is caused by the flybar.

The blades on that heli are not loose but they can be moved fairly easily by hand, they are certanly not solidly tightened.

My lower blades are snug but move laterally easily. My uppers are quite loose in the hinge and have a fair ammount of up/down play with the blade tips moving 1/2 inch or so. Flys great, just asking

bob
Jul 11, 2011, 12:42 AM
i just recieve 4 new s107 all fake! i will make a video of it and post later
Jul 11, 2011, 01:52 AM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuchow View Post
i just recieve 4 new s107 all fake! i will make a video of it and post later
How do you know they are all fake?
Jul 11, 2011, 03:57 AM
You can tell by the blades. If the blades have warning in big bold letters and then the warning itself in small letters, they are real.

FAKE:

REAL:
Jul 11, 2011, 07:09 AM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
You can tell by the blades. If the blades have warning in big bold letters and then the warning itself in small letters, they are real.
Maybe you used to be able to tell that way, but not all the fakes have the wrong blades. My T07 is obviously a cloned S107, but it has the right blades and everything else is the same. It's not advertised as an S107, but the only difference is it has a T07 where the S107 is supposed to be. Obviously someone wanting to fake it could do the same. In your case, you're right and those are clones, but many others just won't know and as you have stated in the past, if it flies the same, it doesn't matter...
Jul 11, 2011, 07:28 AM
my new syma have:

* red led original is green
* pcb is green and placement of components are different
* color is more of an orange than a yellow
* gears are noisy and tail rotor is not fastened properly (poor quality control)
* Tx is rough on the side instead of smooth
* Tx clear plastic on top is skyblue instead of dark blue
* Tc throttle stick don't have spring on it
Jul 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
Pics please.
Jul 11, 2011, 02:00 PM

Last edited by tzuchow; Jul 11, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
Jul 11, 2011, 02:41 PM
fake syma s107!! (7 min 8 sec)
Jul 12, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, I just received mine from Amazon today through another seller but shipped by Amazon. It works good except one major exception. The tail blades don't work. So it can't go forward or backwards. Would this be an easy fix or should I just return it for replacement?
Jul 12, 2011, 09:03 PM
Master Of My Universe
You could check the wiring to see if a wire has come off the board but that would depend if you felt confident doing that.
Otherwise send it back and get a replacement as they are great little helis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Hey guys, I just received mine from Amazon today through another seller but shipped by Amazon. It works good except one major exception. The tail blades don't work. So it can't go forward or backwards. Would this be an easy fix or should I just return it for replacement?

Quick Reply