Jul 20, 2010, 12:27 AM
These metal-gyroed helis are great and durable but what do you do when the lipo goes bad? (my Swift's lipo is dead) Anyone know of any sites that sell 3.7v lipos for these helis? Or should I just get a new heli and forget the trouble?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
Hi all,

First post here. I just stumbled on this forum today - very informative! I recently bought a Syma S107. I'm amazed at what I got for $30. This is my 2nd heli, the 1st being an S100. Just tonight, I started having a problem with the tail rotor not activating or activating at partial power. This is happening at full charge. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jul 20, 2010, 01:37 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Mc, we don't really know what the "partial tailmotor power" thing is, but it does seem an issue with certain 107s. Acknowledging what you see, but can't tell you what to do about it. Even working correctly, 107 hasn't much tail authority.
Jul 20, 2010, 04:05 AM

s107 slide switch

Anybody know where to get,the little switch that turns on the s107,the one on the heli.My mates switch was dodgy from the start,now its almost totally stuffed
Jul 20, 2010, 04:35 AM
We can rebuild it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Anybody know where to get,the little switch that turns on the s107,the one on the heli.My mates switch was dodgy from the start,now its almost totally stuffed
don't know where to get just the part (the tip has snapped off mine and I have to use a pin to turn it on/off) I'm going to pull one off a 2Ch Picooz, prob the easiest place to get one.
Jul 20, 2010, 04:40 AM
We can rebuild it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJL511 View Post
These metal-gyroed helis are great and durable but what do you do when the lipo goes bad? (my Swift's lipo is dead) Anyone know of any sites that sell 3.7v lipos for these helis? Or should I just get a new heli and forget the trouble?
try eBay or http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/fullriver-cells-45-c.asp

I would say that if you really love a heli, it's worth spending around half of what it cost when new to repair it.
Jul 20, 2010, 05:34 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJL511 View Post
http://www.air-sharp.com/batteryswapcopters.htm
How to swap in a new battery easily.
However, depending on "air time" on that chassis, it may be better to get a whole new one, and have the first for spare parts. Depends on if the motors still seem worthy of another battery.
Jul 20, 2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
don't know where to get just the part (the tip has snapped off mine and I have to use a pin to turn it on/off) I'm going to pull one off a 2Ch Picooz, prob the easiest place to get one.
He has been using pin and who knows what else,but now its at the stage of needing replacement.. Or im not sure if this would work,but how about if we turn the heli on, place a little switch on the wires of the battery,and have that protruding out the little slot of the canopy?How would this effect the charging up of the battery?
Jul 20, 2010, 05:47 AM
1 month left to live, bye.
Last edited by BrownOut; Dec 18, 2019 at 06:01 PM.
Jul 20, 2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Maplins or RS components but then again im not sure where 'somewhere between here and there' is so maybe they are or are not local to you.
Somewhere between here and there means australia i should change that
Jul 20, 2010, 06:13 AM
We can rebuild it!
It's a 3 pin sub micr. SPDT (single poll double throw) switch, I think the COMMON center pin is connected to one poll of the cell, one side to the circuit and the other to the charge socket.
Any SPDT will do if you find one small enough, it does not have to be on the PCB, you could remove the stock switch and put a replacement SPDT on three wires, place it above the IR receiver at the back for easy access and connect it the same as stock.
Jul 20, 2010, 06:14 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
He has been using pin and who knows what else,but now its at the stage of needing replacement.. Or im not sure if this would work,but how about if we turn the heli on, place a little switch on the wires of the battery,and have that protruding out the little slot of the canopy?How would this effect the charging up of the battery?
You won't be able to charge the pack unless the switch is on.
Better to replace the whole copter, IMHO.
Jul 20, 2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
It's a 3 pin sub micr. SPDT (single poll double throw) switch, I think the COMMON center pin is connected to one poll of the cell, one side to the circuit and the other to the charge socket.
Any SPDT will do if you find one small enough, it does not have to be on the PCB, you could remove the stock switch and put a replacement SPDT on three wires, place it above the IR receiver at the back for easy access and connect it the same as stock.
Thanks for the replys,i got a spare switch from a busted 9808 i could use, i like the idea of placing the switch at the back@ killbucket i thought there would be some sort of charging problem,i could also order a pcb from enjoy hobbys i think $11.50 au.
Jul 20, 2010, 06:38 AM
Tx's by themselves are sometimes sold by ebay...
Jul 20, 2010, 12:37 PM
1 month left to live, bye.
Last edited by BrownOut; Dec 18, 2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply