Sneak Peek at the NEW Cellpro PowerLab 8 (v2) - Page 442 - RC Groups
Mar 18, 2018, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious
This is not an error. This is a charging mode it enters when a cell voltage is quite different from the others. The charge proceeds, but takes years to finish.

Well, my batteries are unhealthy according to pl8 standards. I have been using such batteries for years, but quite often having a hard time when charging them on pl8. On the other hand, I charge them on ICharger w/o an issue.

Actually, this is a well known pl8 "feature ". I asked the same question here a few years ago and the answer I got was that it is for protection and safety reasons. I honestly don't buy that, since this is the only charger with this characteristic.

Most guys here in my flying field gave up pl8 due to this. I'm one of the few who still use it, but it is hard to stand for pl8 when they start bashing it.

What I need to know is if there is a tolerance parameter that I can adjust on the firmware so that I can charge those batteries more easily.

Thanks.
Did you check the manual?

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1437.pdf

At those voltages you have cells from at 5-10% SoC to 40% SoC. IMHO that SoC difference indicates the pack is beyond its useful life and should be replaced.

You could also try not over discharging them and see if that helps.

As far as a well known "feature", I've been here for quite some time and don't recall others experiencing this "feature".

You can open a support ticket on the Revolectrix website:

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_options.htm
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2018, 11:07 AM

Ir

OK, swapped the Node wiring from FMA to XH/EH and looks to be working good now. Question, based on the graph does the IR look OK? Based on what the software is telling me "Normal IR variation is 10%." so I assume the following looks pretty good?

Really liking this software, wish I would have gotten this PC interface 7 years ago when I purchased this charger LOL. I also just purchased a few LiHV batteries and was happy to see you can add this to the charger now. Updated the firmware and added to the charger, works great! Can't say enough about how this charger has exceeded expectations over the years and still continues to do so.

Cell 1 = 22.8
Cell 2 = 19.8
Cell 3 = 17.5

Thanks,

Dennis
Apr 08, 2018, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
OK, swapped the Node wiring from FMA to XH/EH and looks to be working good now. Question, based on the graph does the IR look OK? Based on what the software is telling me "Normal IR variation is 10%." so I assume the following looks pretty good?

Really liking this software, wish I would have gotten this PC interface 7 years ago when I purchased this charger LOL. I also just purchased a few LiHV batteries and was happy to see you can add this to the charger now. Updated the firmware and added to the charger, works great! Can't say enough about how this charger has exceeded expectations over the years and still continues to do so.

Cell 1 = 22.8
Cell 2 = 19.8
Cell 3 = 17.5

Thanks,

Dennis
Those numbers look a little high to me. Please identify the batteries and their usage history. The spread is a bit wide between cell 1 and cell 3. But don't read too much into the numbers. It's performance that counts. If the battery still performs well then don't be too concerned about the IR values.

However if you are really concerned about the numbers get a Wayne Giles IR tester. It will not only give you good IR readings but will tell you what the discharge C rating is.

https://www.progressiverc.com/univer...sis-meter.html

Glen
May 17, 2018, 10:55 AM
mdv
mdv
Any able to get the .bt2 output to work with the CBA software? I just get an error when trying to open one of the .bt2 files in CBA 2.4.20.0
May 28, 2018, 08:22 PM
I'm getting ready to update the firmware on my PL8v2 V3.31 to handle the new 4.35v HV Lipo batteries coming out. I have the USB to JR connector update cable and an old PC. Should this be an EZ upgrade? Or are folks having problems? I really don't want to be without this charger for any length of time right now. Thanks
Jun 01, 2018, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak
I'm getting ready to update the firmware on my PL8v2 V3.31 to handle the new 4.35v HV Lipo batteries coming out. I have the USB to JR connector update cable and an old PC. Should this be an EZ upgrade? Or are folks having problems? I really don't want to be without this charger for any length of time right now. Thanks
It was actually non-eventful however the software is a bit goofy to understand. Its not like most software where it takes you through the upgrade process. You have to download the update and the than select it through the Firmware tab. Make sure to follow the instruction in the link and you should be OK.

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t01.16.15.html

Dennis
Jun 01, 2018, 09:58 AM
What is the latest version of the CCS software
Jun 02, 2018, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio av8tor
what is the latest version of the ccs software
v3.33
Jun 03, 2018, 04:15 PM
I got it done, thanks. It is NOT intuitive though. FMA has a page to take you through the process.

Quick Reply