Sneak Peek at the NEW Cellpro PowerLab 8 (v2) - Page 440 - RC Groups
Jul 18, 2017, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computermonkey
I searched through this thread searching for subject matter on Android tablets. I purchased one last year for my work and now it has mostly replaced my laptop. I have a mini USB adaptor and can mount most large USB and other devices to it.

I was wonder if anyone is working on a program to run a Power Lab 8 ( the CCS software) for a Android tablet. I looked through the Google Play Store and did find some software for the bump charger but nothing for the power labs or any other charger.
PowerLab CCS is only available on Windows.

Bump Controller CCS is available on Android, Apple iOS, and Windows 10 UWA later this year (once UWA adds proper Bluetooth LE support).
Bump Controller also has a Windows firmware update utility, but that's all it does - just update firmware.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2017, 10:03 AM
To get latest Firmware go to post #1 on this forum.
One thing that is impacting you sales, I keep showing my charger (PL8) to others and they dismiss it for one reason- does not show LIFE battery's . they do not buy the A123 explanation, Revo is not keeping up with the time's is their feeling. 5 lost sale's in the last month.
Jul 22, 2017, 04:12 PM
I ran into this same thing when showing off my charger.
Jul 22, 2017, 04:41 PM
BVH
BVH
Interesting! I, too, would prefer to see it listed as LiFe or similar but I would never let that sway my decision to buy a top notch charger. A rose by any other name, is a rose. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. Both of these cliches come to mind.
Jul 22, 2017, 04:50 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Here Jim, tape this to your charger:

A123 = LiFe = LiFePO4
Jul 22, 2017, 05:38 PM
What in the world are you guys talking about? I charge LIFE packs all the time on mine using the A123. It's all the same thing. Best charger on the planet.
Jul 22, 2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM CALDWELLA
One thing that is impacting you sales, I keep showing my charger (PL8) to others and they dismiss it for one reason- does not show LIFE battery's . they do not buy the A123 explanation, Revo is not keeping up with the time's is their feeling. 5 lost sale's in the last month.
If they don't buy it, then perhaps they can explain to us what the differences are.
Jul 23, 2017, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
PowerLab CCS is only available on Windows.

Bump Controller CCS is available on Android, Apple iOS, and Windows 10 UWA later this year (once UWA adds proper Bluetooth LE support).
Bump Controller also has a Windows firmware update utility, but that's all it does - just update firmware.

I don't think you understand what I was wanting. I was looking for a program for my Android tablet that would control the power lab. Similar to the CCS for Windows.
Jul 23, 2017, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computermonkey
I don't think you understand what I was wanting. I was looking for a program for my Android tablet that would control the power lab. Similar to the CCS for Windows.
Android CCS for PowerLab does not exist, so explaining other possible options.
Jul 28, 2017, 12:05 PM
A123 = LiFe = LiFePO4

LiFePO4 is the chemistry. There's actually a few small variations. Should be the name used by the charger.
LiFe is just a shorter name, like Dave instead of David.
A123 is just one MANUFACTURER (a brand) of LiFePO4 cells, that was popular in the US originally. Its like calling all vacuum cleaners "hoovers".

I mentioned this years ago. But now there ARE some lifepo4 presets in the Library. Inc a no nodes, BMS capable one.

About the only thing missing as a way to charge non balanced Lithium ion such as the 3 or 4s or larger BMS equipped packs as used in say my transmitter 3S. Or FPV monitor (4S) or quadcopter (6S). And with a long enough CV stage to do the job, of say 4 hours or so in the event of an unbalanced BMS pack. 15 mins is a joke on these cells. So charging lithium ion with no balance leads is its only real issue.

Workaround: Choose double cell count 2.1V per cell lead, and you are good to go... Without a trickle at the end obviously! You can set long CV, manual termination current that's low enough etc. Seems stupid that we are forced to trick it, but there you go. No other way.
Jul 28, 2017, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM CALDWELLA
Also, just pointing out that the Bump Controller, as well as future Powerlab chargers have switched to the LiFe name. When you tell the Bump to charge LiFe, it tells the Powerlab to charge A123 ... same thing, just different name.
So we agree that LiFe is a better name movi g forward with new products, but if we suddenly change the existing Powerlabs to display LiFe i stead of A123, then we get a bunch of existi g customers confused and complaining about the change. In short, not changing the name on existing products is a conscious decision, just like changing to LiFe on new products.
Aug 06, 2017, 11:03 AM
They Call him Dead!
I have a power lab 6. I can charge a lipo and it will show all 6 cells balanced at end of charge. But when I check the lipo with my Hitec Cell Checker, it shows the cells to be markedly out of balance.

Is there a way to calibrate the Powerlab?
Aug 06, 2017, 12:50 PM
Maybe check with a volt meter to see where the problem really is. Use caution, you do not want to cause a short with your meter leads.
Aug 06, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacketsRC
I have a power lab 6. I can charge a lipo and it will show all 6 cells balanced at end of charge. But when I check the lipo with my Hitec Cell Checker, it shows the cells to be markedly out of balance.

Is there a way to calibrate the Powerlab?
I would normally trust the Powerlab much more than a cheap cell checker, so best check is a known-good/calibrated voltmeter.

How far off is it ?

If it does turn out to be the Powerlab, it can be returned to Revo for recalibration - just contact support@revolectrix.com and they will taje care of you.