Jan 06, 2017, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
Use a LiHV preset and connect your 1S battery through an adapter that has a balance tap spliced on. It's just a matter of paralleling the balance tap to the main charge/discharge leads.

Glen
Thanks but not sure how big a wiring mess that would be because I picked up a 1s x 6 parallel board. This is for my kids Tiny Whoop quads so trying to keep it simple. Ive been using an old hitech x1 charger I had lying around. They make a lihv version now. May just pick that up but one would think my 1000.00 PRC DPL8 setup could do the task. Can I just use the 435 preset and select no balancing on the balance mode tab? Or will that create other issues? I have been doing electric forever but this 1s unbalanced stuff is an enigma to me.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2017, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
Thanks but not sure how big a wiring mess that would be because I picked up a 1s x 6 parallel board. This is for my kids Tiny Whoop quads so trying to keep it simple. Ive been using an old hitech x1 charger I had lying around. They make a lihv version now. May just pick that up but one would think my 1000.00 PRC DPL8 setup could do the task. Can I just use the 435 preset and select no balancing on the balance mode tab? Or will that create other issues? I have been doing electric forever but this 1s unbalanced stuff is an enigma to me.
If you don't want to create a 1S adapter then I suggest you just use the standard 1S unbalanced preset and run the voltage up to 4.30. That is only .05V off of full charge for your LiHV batteries. You will never miss the few seconds of flight time it will cost you.

Glen
Jan 06, 2017, 09:37 PM
Thanks I guess that is the best compromise.
Mar 11, 2017, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
Good. You'll get over it.

Did you check to see if it's covered in the manual? A quick look at the DPL8x2 manual shows it's covered there.

Ever been to the USA? We don't call gas Petrol. We drive on the parkway and park in the driveway. We sell hot dogs in packages of 10 and buns in packages of 8. It is what it is.

I ordered a PL8 today and then came to this thread . . . now I'm wondering what I've got myself into.

. . . you guys are the best. Bill
Mar 11, 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billville View Post
I ordered a PL8 today and then came to this thread . . . now I'm wondering what I've got myself into.

. . . you guys are the best. Bill
Not sure of your point but I have had mine for three years and after setting some custom presets I have not touched anything. This thing just works and does it all perfectly.
Mar 12, 2017, 02:50 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
You got yourself a great charger. The best. I've had my two PL8's since 2010, real work horse. Dependable.

Like others, I've just set up a few custom settings, and go. This thread has a lot of tech that the average user will never concern themselves with. Just enjoyable reading for those curious enough.

Nick
Mar 13, 2017, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys for reassuring me on my recent purchase of a PL8 . . . I wanted to future proof myself as much as possible for a while.

. . . then I saw some drama here from somebody who was constantly complaining because they couldn't charge their spaceship or something - I didn't read into it deep enough. . .

Thanks again for the reassurance on my purchase. Bill
Last edited by Billville; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Mar 19, 2017, 07:08 AM
I am the spaceship guy.

And whilst its got a bunch of frustrating things, and some bugs, and a few "added features" we could do without I still agree with this. Especially if you only charge lipos of hobby size:

You got yourself a great charger. The best. I've had my two PL8's since 2010, real work horse. Dependable.

Like others, I've just set up a few custom settings, and go. This thread has a lot of tech that the average user will never concern themselves with. Just enjoyable reading for those curious enough.

Nick