Jan 13, 2010, 09:18 PM
Vegas Flyer
Thread OP
Discussion

AXN Floater-Jet vs. Sky Surfer by banana

ok here are the two planes i am choosing between for belly landings in higher winds around 15 mph. I am experienced in flying rc,,i like how the skysurfer claims more performance that the floater jet...

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=8359

and
http://www.bananahobby.com/1937.html

Which one do you like better? i like em both,,
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2010, 09:31 PM
Retardedly intelligent
I'd buy the hobbyking one, Bannanahobby has a really bad rep for not caring about customers. I've never had a problem with HK.
Jan 13, 2010, 10:19 PM
RC Guru
Good luck getting the banana one. Even if it does come, don't be suprised to find electronics missing (you know, stuff like servos, ESC, ect.)
Jan 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
Vegas Flyer
Thread OP
wow,,,never heard about banana hobbies problems before,,but i have never ordered from them before either,,,i have ordered a lot from HK,,,they do rock..
Jan 17, 2010, 01:30 PM
Vegas Flyer
Thread OP
gettin the ritewing made by a bad ass american! in america!

Todd
Feb 11, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hi Super -

I have the AXN Floater Jet and cannot recommend it in its stock version for winds much over 7-9mph. The wing design is not much of a penetrating one - flies like a dull butter knife through the sky. It's kind of a paradox; while it glides and thermals very well for what it is, it just doesn't penetrate winds well. In higher winds - have flown it in 12-15mph winds, wings tend to get pushed over sideways - to flop over - (= gets pushed sideways into a pseudo-roll a lot by higher wind gusts).

Can't comment on the Sky Surfer in comparison, however. Best of luck with your choice.
Last edited by gmflyer; Feb 15, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Feb 11, 2010, 03:07 PM
i've flown in 25 mph winds, no problem, the motor is so powerful it cuts through anything.

Have you flexed and worked all your joints?
Feb 12, 2010, 12:46 AM
Well I would also recommend to be honest the axn floater jet, and get it while it is still in stock.

Buy then also a 30amp esc from turnigy with it...a Hoffmann Magnetics motor which is I believe the Super Sport Series 2470kv Outrunner motor.

With this setup you will get the AXN Floater Jet screaming through the sky without a doubt.

The motor will draw around 22-24 amps depending on the draw of the servos.

I had so far 2x AXN Floater Jet's.
One failed the esc and crashed..on the 2nd the motor came off during flight resulting in having to change the motor twice so far.

Now with this setup is surely is really fast with unlimited vertical

Regards

Neversommer.
Jun 12, 2010, 06:15 PM
Suspended Account
comon neversommer.. you had all these probs and you still recommend an axn?
anw.. bh rep is straight now so you should try a skysurfer now
even with stock motor is ok...
Aug 22, 2010, 11:21 PM
Wish I could fly for real
the floater jet comes with everything at just under $57. the sky surfer's doesn't and it costs more. after a few flights i made some modifications: taped the aileron servos down since one servo came lose during a flight. changed the esc since the stock one gets hot. replaced the prop saver with a prop adapter because the propeller flew off. guess the plane sat too long the elastic band got weak. taped the wing to the fuselage because one wing came lose during a rough landing. it floats for glider fans and is acrobatic for those who like to show off your skills. i like gliding. had it up so high it went into the clouds. almost lost track of it. longest flight time was almost one hour with 3s lipo 1600 mAh 20c battery. I had 40+ minutes with a 1300 3s lipo. my plane flew really high because the battery was light and it was easy to do loops, rolls and inverted flying. unquestionably my favorite plane to fly.
Aug 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
Suspended Account
exxagerations..
BH has treaded me nice since day 1
they got some great CS now.,..
on the other hand Ive had issues with hk even that Ive given them moer than 800usd since march.
too slow processing (week +) and sometimes thei online chat is busy forever or pops prob...

now performance wise.. go with the banana...
Aug 08, 2014, 06:12 PM
I too have had recent excellent service from banana hobby. I bought a sky surfer pro, came with a dead servo. They sent a new one out, didn't even have to send broken one in. Whole ordeal took 4 days! I'll buy from them again
Jul 06, 2017, 11:10 AM
Hands down the AXN is the better of the two. Faster and more durable. Hawk Sky and AXN are the two to consider here folks.

Quick Reply