Feb 19, 2013, 07:34 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Drawings for the Ezfly Spitfire and P-51 have been added to the first post in this thread. Feel free to use these to build your own. Please do not produce planes for sale.
Mike
They both look nice Mike. Thanks for sharing them. Would it be possible to post some tiled plans for them?

Edited: This old dog learned a new trick today. I discovered that Adobe Reader will do tiled prints. I opened up the P51 pdf file, selected "Print" then under picture sizing I selected "poster" and checked "Cut Marks" It printed out letter size pages with trim marks on the border to line them up. Cool. Foam bashing begins at zero dark thirty in the morning.
Last edited by Rickochet; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2013, 09:36 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
*sigh* now I have more plans I want to build

Scanning through, I've got a Catch 22 situation, I've got Blue Wonders but no foam bigger than dollar tree right now.

So I get bigger foam or scale a plan down to fit onto the $T and get smaller motor, in either case I'm a little delayed.

Probably have MPF before EPP.

Subscribed anyway The warbirds look great.
Feb 20, 2013, 03:42 AM
Thread OP
An error was brought to my attention on the drawing for the EzFly P-51. It has been corrected and the new file is in the first post.
Mike
Feb 20, 2013, 05:46 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Could whoever discovered the error or Mike tell us where the error was so perhaps I won't have to reprint out all 20 tiled sheets?

Thanks,

Rick
Last edited by Rickochet; Feb 20, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
The top view was missing the prop slot in the wing and showed the motor in the wrong position.
Mike
Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
The top view was missing the prop slot in the wing and showed the motor in the wrong position.
Mike
Thanks Mike.
Feb 24, 2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteriaseda
Got a box delivered 9 days from order and from US to Sweden just besides the North Poole the fastest i have experienced......

Things i ordered from HK in Germany before that are still on its way.....after 2 weeks..
Flew the Ez Fly for the first time today indoors as its still winter here it was working great except for the velcro holding the battery keeps loosening must think of à better way too attach it. Dont like the idea of carwing big holes in the
fuselage.
Feb 24, 2013, 04:49 PM
Standing Athwart History
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteriaseda
Flew the Ez Fly for the first time today indoors as its still winter here it was working great except for the velcro holding the battery keeps loosening must think of à better way too attach it. Dont like the idea of carwing big holes in the
fuselage.
Slather Foam Tac or Welders on the back of the velcro and then along the edge. It will stick like the dickens. Both will work, but Foam Tac, if you join & separate 2-3 times and wait 10-20 seconds between each join, will take a set and hold without being taped so it can cure completely in 12-24 hours.

FTR, I have moved to Foam Tac for much of my foamy planes. Check out the thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1750090
It has Welders's good properties, but a little better/easier to work with, plus works on all foams.
Feb 25, 2013, 02:10 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster
Slather Foam Tac or Welders on the back of the velcro and then along the edge. It will stick like the dickens. Both will work, but Foam Tac, if you join & separate 2-3 times and wait 10-20 seconds between each join, will take a set and hold without being taped so it can cure completely in 12-24 hours.

FTR, I have moved to Foam Tac for much of my foamy planes. Check out the thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1750090
It has Welders's good properties, but a little better/easier to work with, plus works on all foams.
+1, I'm doing the same and have had no problems with velcro losing it's hold on EPP. I rub a thin layer of Foam Tac on the EPP and let it dry, and then stick the velcro onto the smooth area that results.
Feb 25, 2013, 04:21 AM
Thread OP
I stick the velcro down and then go around the edges with hot glue.
Mike
Feb 25, 2013, 10:01 AM
I´ll try to weld it around the edges or make a loop trough the fuselage.
Here is from this weekend
Feb 25, 2013, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, it seems like I am only able to find 3mm and 5mm foam at my local store, which does not allow for a 9mm foam that's required in the build. Would gluing 3mm and 5mm foam to make 8mm foam work out? I heard that it might be too heavy if I did glue them together. I'm using compressed foam by the way.

Thanks for inputs!
Feb 25, 2013, 08:15 PM
Retired, and working hard at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdification
Hey guys, it seems like I am only able to find 3mm and 5mm foam at my local store, which does not allow for a 9mm foam that's required in the build. Would gluing 3mm and 5mm foam to make 8mm foam work out? I heard that it might be too heavy if I did glue them together. I'm using compressed foam by the way.

Thanks for inputs!
If you need to laminate multiple sheets together, the lightest way I have found, is to use ( sparelingly ) the contact glue from 3M called Super 77. You can put a very light mist on both sides, and once joined and put on a scale, you would be hard pressed to see any increase in the weight of the parts. Just be sure to line them up properly ( I use green making tape on one side to lock them together ) and then after the mist is applied, I just flip the pieces together as is done with two slices of bread when making a sandwich. Works every time for me.

Uncle Bob
Feb 26, 2013, 01:37 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdification

Thanks for inputs!
Do you know what type of material that 3mm and 5mm foam is?
I believe that the plans ask for 9mm foam because it is asking for EPP foam, which is bouncy and durable, but not as stiff as other foam.
Feb 26, 2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
Do you know what type of material that 3mm and 5mm foam is?
I believe that the plans ask for 9mm foam because it is asking for EPP foam, which is bouncy and durable, but not as stiff as other foam.
Yup, in my original post I mentioned that I'm using compressed foam. I was thinking, why isn't there any 9mm compressed foam that I can find? The thickest they have, I believe, is 5mm. They have it in 3mm too. Compressed foam is the kind which melts when UHU glue is applied.

Any suggestions for foam thickness if I'm using compressed foam instead of EPP?

Quick Reply