Dec 02, 2012, 11:11 AM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
Not one single response about that P-51 up there huh?!

to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2012, 03:09 PM
Only flies cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I got bored last night so I decided to make a new EzFly version. A P-51!!!
I have been wanting to expand the warbird theme beyond the Spitfire and I am excited about this one. Maden flight was in 10+mph wind but went very well. I should have it on the site later this week. Unfortunately I will not be able to supply the Red Tail paint scheme in kit form. But it is not too hard to replicate. I will have a painted version available though. Probably blue and silver.
Mike
Fancyfoam
I have a couple of EZ Flys that I have been playing with for years.They're great because I can fly with anyone who is willing, with almost no regard for weather. Mine are pre-airfoil models, and CoG is way too far back, but that hasn't stopped them from getting more air time than any other planes in my fleet.

A P51 is great, but I think it is weird having a spitfire and a P51 trying to ram each other out of the air. Consider some Axis planes.
Dec 02, 2012, 07:31 PM
TonyS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I got bored last night so I decided to make a new EzFly version. A P-51!!!
I have been wanting to expand the warbird theme beyond the Spitfire and I am excited about this one. Maden flight was in 10+mph wind but went very well. I should have it on the site later this week. Unfortunately I will not be able to supply the Red Tail paint scheme in kit form. But it is not too hard to replicate. I will have a painted version available though. Probably blue and silver.
Mike
Fancyfoam
Great idea, Mike. How soon will kit be available?

TonyS
Dec 02, 2012, 07:44 PM
Motorhead any video of the P-51 EzFly ?
Dec 02, 2012, 07:51 PM
Very Soon to be released is the EZ Fly Standard Version, and shortly after that the P-51 version, which is almost complete as well.
Dec 04, 2012, 04:41 AM
Thread OP
Here is a pic of the paint scheme that I will supply with the kit. It is now listed on the site as well.
http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=325

EzFly P 51 1 (2 min 41 sec)

Mike
Last edited by motorhead; Dec 04, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Dec 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
Very cool!

I have the guts to an old Harbor Freight Yellow Bee and might try to make mine into a twin prop with differential thrust only. Thanks for the great plane design!
Dec 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
Very Nice Mike, one advantage I see is you could actually smakitin to that nice red Firebird across the street, and not scratch the paint!

Dec 06, 2012, 04:32 AM
Thread OP
These were sent to my by one of my customers. Posting it with his permission.

Hi Mike!

I met you at the Wichita event last year. Love your models. I put an HD
video Keychain recorder on my EZfly trainer and thought you might like to
see it...

Keychain HD 808 #16 Indoor Aerial (1 min 20 sec)

I hit a rafter with my Fancy Foam EZfly Trainer, fell to the floor, and took-off again with no damage. Crash at 1 minute 2 seconds.

Indoor Aerial HD Video with CRASH (3 min 12 sec)

Happy flying!

Gary
Dec 06, 2012, 11:28 AM
Standing Athwart History
P-51 is really cool.

I need to get my boy's Memphis Belle EZFly up in the air.
Dec 06, 2012, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
Adreher came over today and we did a little combat with my EzFly Spitfire and P-51. I am going to have to build a couple more as we had allot of fun.
Mike

Culdesac Combat (7 min 28 sec)
Last edited by motorhead; Dec 07, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 06:43 AM
Haha, that looks like fun!

And now....

Brought to you by 3D Studio Max 2012 and Adobe Photoshop CS5...

I give you the EZ Fly Bomber for Realflight 6.5

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=17776
Dec 09, 2012, 09:06 AM
.Are these the pics of an actual bird or screenshots? Look great eitherway.
The detail is incredible!
Dec 09, 2012, 10:04 AM
Winging it Ò>
Imported and flew my EZFly this AM. What a great trainer! Excellent work Rightcoast!

I think we need a second color scheme for on line combat with these little beasts.
Dec 09, 2012, 10:13 AM
Standing Athwart History
Ok , now you done it! Once a model makes it into realflight, the model has made it. I will buyh the upgrade, n.ow.

Quick Reply