Dec 01, 2018, 05:43 AM
Nice and the front prop clearly reduce the noise.............
Think I rebuild mine current one... ;-)

Paco
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2018, 01:22 PM
Cool!

Mike
Fancyfoam
Dec 01, 2018, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupaCreations
Nice and the front prop clearly reduce the noise.............
Think I rebuild mine current one... ;-)

Paco
I haven't installed the pusher setup yet on #2 EZ Fly and just about ready to install another tractor configuration. The blue one is so quiet and flys so well why bother I ask myself. Stay stealthy.
Dec 01, 2018, 03:45 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Church
EZ FLY did very well and I'm a happy camper. Cold with a little breeze but that's about the best conditions we're gonna have around here according to the forecast. She flew better hands off because the rudder throw needs to be adjusted. My Spektrum DX4e on low rates just wasn't enough. Will try to get the video on later today after I get it edited. In the meantime 3 freeze frames will have to do. The little Cobra motor was whisper quiet and had plenty of power and I managed some slow flight even going downwind. It's all good.
Beautiful job, looking forward to the video!

update: and saw the video, rather amazing! I though you were gliding it in with no power, it was so quiet.
Dec 01, 2018, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
Beautiful job, looking forward to the video!

update: and saw the video, rather amazing! I though you were gliding it in with no power, it was so quiet.
Thank you. I'm into stealth. The combination of the 8" prop and a 3s 500 mah lipo made a big difference from the first flight, as you saw it went vertical with no problem and I screwed up what could have been a tail slide. I think a 3s 800 mah would be about right for this plane, have two ordered and on the way.
The power off glide ratio of EZ Fly is similar to a brick in case you were wondering Marhar. 😱
Last edited by Frank Church; Dec 03, 2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add more
Dec 05, 2018, 08:57 PM
I have some foam that I need to sell as I will not use it for my kits. I figure that there are quite a few of you that scratch build so I would list it here first. It is not on my site so if you want it email me at mike@fancyfoam.com First come first serve through email.
2 sets of 3 sheets 1.3 EPP - 3/4"x12"x36". $25 shipped per set.
4 sheets of 1.3 EPP - ~1"x12"x36". $35 shipped.

If you did not know I have lots of 6mm & 9mm in 1.3 & 1.9lb EPP on my site as well as carbon rods and tubes.

Mike
www.fancyfoam.com
Dec 07, 2018, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
I have some foam that I need to sell as I will not use it for my kits. I figure that there are quite a few of you that scratch build so I would list it here first. It is not on my site so if you want it email me at mike@fancyfoam.com First come first serve through email.
2 sets of 3 sheets 1.3 EPP - 3/4"x12"x36". $25 shipped per set.
4 sheets of 1.3 EPP - ~1"x12"x36". $35 shipped.

If you did not know I have lots of 6mm & 9mm in 1.3 & 1.9lb EPP on my site as well as carbon rods and tubes.

Mike
www.fancyfoam.com
I'm planning on building a 40" delta and am gonna need to spar that thing. Ah, I just checked your store and it looks like 2.0 mm is the biggest you have so will stick with that. Dang it, just gotta have that Spitfire so will order that as well.
Last edited by Frank Church; Dec 07, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
Dec 07, 2018, 02:12 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
I'm planning on building a 40" delta and am gonna need to spar that thing. Ah, I just checked your store and it looks like 2.0 mm is the biggest you have so will stick with that. Dang it, just gotta have that Spitfire so will order that as well.
Frank , Fancy Foam has 4mm in stock . Or for a 40" delta , a cheap arrow shaft works well as a wing spar . You may be able to find one at Walmart for about $3 , or check with archery shops for a possibly free discarded arrow shaft .
Dec 07, 2018, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Frank , Fancy Foam has 4mm in stock . Or for a 40" delta , a cheap arrow shaft works well as a wing spar . You may be able to find one at Walmart for about $3 , or check with archery shops for a possibly free discarded arrow shaft .
I didn't see 4mm listed and have already placed the order. I'm using the Chrome browser and really like it but it is not showing Mike's site very well, the only site I'm having trouble with it seems. I'll contact Mike and change the order if it's not too late. Thanks for the heads-up b or c.
Dec 07, 2018, 02:31 PM

40" Simple Delta

Been wondering about using a single servo mounted in line with the stabilizer and running two push rods instead of two servos for the 40" Simple Delta. Anyone see any problems with that? Winter is my building season and if I don't slow down I'll have to live in the garage, got a long winter to go yet. :-(
Dec 07, 2018, 02:39 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
I didn't see 4mm listed and have already placed the order. I'm using the Chrome browser and really like it but it is not showing Mike's site very well, the only site I'm having trouble with it seems. I'll contact Mike and change the order if it's not too late. Thanks for the heads-up b or c.
Here's a link :
http://fancyfoam-com.3dcartstores.co...ube_p_160.html
Dec 07, 2018, 02:40 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
You doing elevons or rudder & elevator? Either way requires two servos. Only ailerons can be done with a single servo and two pushrods.

BTW, I use Chrome and am having no problems on that site.
Dec 07, 2018, 02:53 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Been wondering about using a single servo mounted in line with the stabilizer and running two push rods instead of two servos for the 40" Simple Delta. Anyone see any problems with that? Winter is my building season and if I don't slow down I'll have to live in the garage, got a long winter to go yet. :-(
A single servo can operate two ailerons for controlling roll , but would not be able to control pitch . To use elevons for both roll and pitch control , you need two servos and a transmitter capable of elevon mixing .
Or you could build the delta with two outboard ailerons and one inboard elevator ( photo #1 ) .
Or you could mount a horizontal stabilizer with elevator between two vertical stabilizers ( photo #2 ) .
Dec 07, 2018, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
A single servo can operate two ailerons for controlling roll , but would not be able to control pitch . To use elevons for both roll and pitch control , you need two servos and a transmitter capable of elevon mixing .
Or you could build the delta with two outboard ailerons and one inboard elevator ( photo #1 ) .
Or you could mount a horizontal stabilizer with elevator between two vertical stabilizers ( photo #2 ) .
Yep, I'll go for the elevon mixing having done that before and it worked out OK. My Spektrum DX4e TX has elevon mixing so that's cool. Thanks for the choices there.
Dec 07, 2018, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=balsa or carbon;40623305]Here's a link :
http://fancyfoam-com.3dcartstores.co...ube_p_160.html[/QUOTE

Weird. Went to another laptop typed in your url in that Chrome browser and everything showed up on the left margin of Mike's site whereas it does not show up on my Pixelbook Chrome browser. Love my Pixelbook but they need to fix their browser. No wonder I couldn't find anything.

Quick Reply