View Poll Results: How may have received a bad, broken or fried their MSR 5in1 Mother board?
received a bad 5in1 1 33.33%
Broke their 5IN1 1 33.33%
fried their MSR 5in1 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hellysmack is offline
Find More Posts by Hellysmack
What package dear?
Hellysmack's Avatar
Poll

MSR 5in1 Mother board?


Just Curious
How may have received a bad, broken, or fried their MSR 5in1 Mother board?


Feel free to post your story: did you fix or replace, good price...
THANKS

I love my MSR but have been hearing post of availability shortage, is this something that should be considered a must have spare?
Last edited by Hellysmack; Jan 12, 2010 at 05:23 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:23 AM
Balr14 is online now
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
If I had a bad 5 in 1 board, I'd contact the LHS I bought it from or Horizon. There's very little I can imagine where this could be your fault, unless you flew into the toilet, or something like that.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
Woody_99 is offline
Find More Posts by Woody_99
Too much is just not enough...
Woody_99's Avatar
I had one that would not bind. It didn't start out bad, I didn't break it, and not sure if it counts as fried, so I didn't know where to vote.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
al_evans is offline
Find More Posts by al_evans
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If I had a bad 5 in 1 board, I'd contact the LHS I bought it from or Horizon. There's very little I can imagine where this could be your fault, unless you flew into the toilet, or something like that.
Mine wasn't fried when I received it, but became that way after I flew it into a couch pillow (!!) and the endcap came off the tail motor. The tail motor brushes apparently shorted out, causing a headless chicken dance and the smell of smoke escaping from electronics before I could grab it and unplug the battery.

After that, the (new) tail motor only ran at full speed. The LHS said contact Horizon. Horizon said tough .

I bought another MSR and kept that one for parts.

--Al Evans
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ronon is offline
Find More Posts by Ronon
Registered User
There should be another checkbox

x received good 5in1
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
Balr14 is online now
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_evans View Post
Mine wasn't fried when I received it, but became that way after I flew it into a couch pillow (!!) and the endcap came off the tail motor. The tail motor brushes apparently shorted out, causing a headless chicken dance and the smell of smoke escaping from electronics before I could grab it and unplug the battery.

After that, the (new) tail motor only ran at full speed. The LHS said contact Horizon. Horizon said tough .

I bought another MSR and kept that one for parts.

--Al Evans
Damn, that's some real bad luck!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
weirdjack is offline
Find More Posts by weirdjack
we're all bozos on this bus
weirdjack's Avatar
To make the poll a little more in perspective, it needs the answer; "D - no problems at all".
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:06 AM
Hellysmack is offline
Find More Posts by Hellysmack
What package dear?
Hellysmack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
I had one that would not bind. It didn't start out bad, I didn't break it, and not sure if it counts as fried, so I didn't know where to vote.
To cover all the bases I included
Received a bad board
They are very good at backing up their product, but it would be interesting to see what has slipped through
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:14 AM
Hellysmack is offline
Find More Posts by Hellysmack
What package dear?
Hellysmack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon View Post
There should be another checkbox

x received good 5in1
You are right!

Is there a way to Edit POLL?
I CAN EDIT POST BUT THERE IS NO BUTTON FOR EDIT POLL
ANY IDEAS?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:20 AM
Hellysmack is offline
Find More Posts by Hellysmack
What package dear?
Hellysmack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdjack View Post
To make the poll a little more in perspective, it needs the answer; "D - no problems at all".
I feel stupid
I don’t see a way to change it.
We could just post: NO problems and much abuse and time are on your MSR.


I sent a request to Moderator
Sorry for being an air head
Last edited by Hellysmack; Jan 13, 2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:07 PM
jaydag77 is offline
Find More Posts by jaydag77
mild handycap ly ed
Well not an MSR but MCX rather-- basically the same thing in hardware. I have one right now I am trying to fix for a friend that likes to reset itself. It has some obvious bad work on the top side right beside the cypress IC,, there is 3 big blobs of solder on top of he test pads and the goop that they used to seal in the pins was applied really badly and just makes this one look like a kids electronic project!

If it were mine I would have sent it back asap,, but he didn't I guess instead bought 2 more, both of which bagged out in one way or another. Probably at least half pilot err,, but the above mentioned one was an eye opener! (for such an expensive little bit!)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question what to do with a burned Spektrum 5in1 reciever ?! gotsol Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 45 Jan 09, 2010 07:51 AM
Sold MSR 5:1 Board $40 Shipped mrfliboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Dec 29, 2009 05:50 PM
Wanted dead blade msr 5in1 (or motor connectors) sideburn Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Nov 06, 2009 05:38 PM
Discussion Hannibal fells the mother of all oaks MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Oct 05, 2009 06:23 PM
Discussion Shuttle AN35 Mother Board Drivers? Tram Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Apr 28, 2008 09:12 PM