This thread is privately moderated by mcg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2010, 07:09 PM
EDF rules... :)
Hi Harpye,

Thanks for more vids. The first one I saw last year gave me soem insight on what I needed to do to make good accurate cuts on my wire cut CNC. It looked like you took several setups to cut features into your part with the last one freeing the part from the foam tooling. I was having problems with trying to cut too many features in one toolpath that caused the machine to lose unessecary steps. Breaking the features into several setups produced a good part, takes a little longer but that is not a problem.

Eric B.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Thanks,
The B-36D took 8-9 years to design, and there is a build thread over on giant scale electrics if you want to see the build.

I have always wanted to build a B-58 EDF, but this size I want would be the challenge. I want the wing to be about 8' in span.

Thanks, DAG
You should add a link to your build in your 1st post so we can all check it out, it looks great.

That will be one big Hustler, and like you said, also a big challenge, but it would be sweet.

Harpye,
Really nice set-up you have, great videos and good looking model too.

Dean
Jan 13, 2010, 07:41 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoedude
You should add a link to your build in your 1st post so we can all check it out, it looks great.

That will be one big Hustler, and like you said, also a big challenge, but it would be sweet.

Harpye,
Really nice set-up you have, great videos and good looking model too.

Dean
Done!

Thanks, DAG
Jan 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
My humble renderings on basic 3D work done in AutoCAD 14. I find checking things in 3D helps with fitting parts in otherwise obscure areas of 2d orthographic projection drawings.
Nice work shown here. I wish I could get some time on some of those trick programs to practice on.
~Vrated
Jan 14, 2010, 02:43 AM
Stranger in a land

A Few Bits

Most of these I've posted elsewhere on the forums but here are some favorite shots of my various models. You can download the RealFlight models at Knifeedge software's swap pages (I think that they're both listed as G4 files but I updated the physics for v4.5 as separate aircraft variants).

The big quad, Elegance, is soon to hit my workbench after many delays and illnesses. Needless to say I'm very much looking forward to flying the real model after all this time on the sim

Carl
Jan 14, 2010, 03:22 AM
Stranger in a land

Forgot...

I was working on this design for my father late last year before getting some nasty bronchitis. This just made my computer sick by emapping the full structure, heh.
Jan 14, 2010, 03:32 AM
so far this is my only complete and in production complete airframe design.
Jan 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
Here's a few.

Jan 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
It actually Flies!

Some current projects

Here are a couple of current projects I am using to learn Rhino....

Cheers!

FF
Jan 19, 2010, 07:49 AM
-+- PhlatBoyz -+-
The work all you guys have created here is truly exceptional!
This is the type of art gallery I would not mind going to and stare at pictures
Great job guys
Mark
Jan 21, 2010, 01:32 AM

Wow.....

My grandson just showed me how to revrive things previously viewed, I think I can make it back here, This is really good stuff!

To all, thankyou,
Laramie.
Jan 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
Here is a mix of work, including a pencil sketch start for a design - to final CAD renderings. Some of the work is personal stuff for the house, some model planes and some stuff from work as a car designer. Some of it is quite old and goes back a few years. Done in Alias/Wavefront.

Jan 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
Lester Palifka

My solidworks cad drawings

Hi here is a solidworks drawing Im working on right now. I am converting Lothars experimental Horten into a 3D model as practice. I am a new solidworks user (sept of 09). would love to hear from other solidworks users omn plane design. I have been a design draftsman for 40 years and a cad user since 1982. well here is my email please contact me as I want to learn all I can from the "PROS" lpalifka@yahoo.com

Regards,

Lester
Last edited by lester_palifka; Jan 26, 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: grammar
Jan 26, 2010, 03:52 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Hello Lester! 40 years of experience in construction ... I guess .. .using a Cad App is the smallest skill within this ... so I don't think that you will have to learn much... just get some routine...
An analogon:
It is more like to learn typing the tabs on a telephone after beeing able to talk for 40 years . Hope you understand what I mean!

Some of us ( me) should participate from your experience .... After I finished my studies in precision engineering I found out, that I should have put more educational weight in design works... (now I have a nice hobby this way .. but I'm way far from the level of e.g. allan) I tried to get my personal car design down to paper but recognized that this is someway advanced level as I draw a car but there is no consistence in style and look ( camfers.. fillet sizes... dimensions) .... hope you know what I mean.... but I keep trying

Hansjoerg
Last edited by Harpye; Jan 26, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Jan 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
shouldn't have done this today, but I did it on one day!

from scrappy plan scan to fully kitted up. I think I am getting the hang now!

Quick Reply