3DHS 62" Osiris Pattern Plane - Page 200 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 06, 2012, 01:36 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Some just came with the Osiris I finished building last night...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2012, 03:44 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
Some just came with the Osiris I finished building last night...
Really? I could have sworn I asked Noll about that at SEFF.

I will try them....


Happen to know the size?
Jun 06, 2012, 04:17 PM
Registered User
I'm pretty sure my kit came with some... I am still using the nylon bolts...

Lou
Jun 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421
I'm pretty sure my kit came with some... I am still using the nylon bolts...

Lou
Will you sell me a pair of the metal thumb screws?
Jun 06, 2012, 05:23 PM
Registered User
There are metal thumb screws?! I was talking about the 4-40 socket head bolts with a fat washer. I feel robbed now :-/ sorry to get your hopes up...

Lou
Jun 06, 2012, 05:25 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421
There are metal thumb screws?! I was talking about the 4-40 socket head bolts with a fat washer. I feel robbed now :-/ sorry to get your hopes up...

Lou
metal socket head bolts are all mine had, no thumb screws. I think they are M6 or M5.
Jun 06, 2012, 07:10 PM
Foam Is Where The Heart Is.
homiefoamie's Avatar
All of which are available at your local hardware store. Home Depot, Lowe's. etc...
Jun 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
ONEHANDRC
gallfer's Avatar
Check Trimcraft Aviation RC. Excellent prices in small quantities and they will get what you need if it's not a stock item.
Jun 06, 2012, 09:09 PM
AMA # 75962
Jim Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Anyone know where to get the metal wing bolts from? I don't think 3DHS uses them anymore.
I've got some extra metal 4-40 wing bolts with a plastic Cap, That I use on my Osiris, sure makes taking out and putting in the wing bolts a piece of cake. I got the plastic Caps from a local shop. If you are interested, PM me your address and I'll put a couple of them in the mail for you.

J
Jun 06, 2012, 09:17 PM
Team Futaba
Silent-AV8R's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Yeah, I run a Hacker A50-16S with a 17x10 on 6S. I just ordered some new Sky 40C packs to run in it. I would love some more speed, but I don't know if my motor could spin a 16x12 on 6S?

Sorry, playing catch up in this thread. I originally ran a 16x12 using a A50-16S on 6S. I changed to a 17x10. It gives me more consistent speed and controls braking on downlines better. I mostly use mine for a practice pattern plane.
Jun 06, 2012, 09:23 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Sorry, playing catch up in this thread. I originally ran a 16x12 using a A50-16S on 6S. I changed to a 17x10. It gives me more consistent speed and controls braking on downlines better. I mostly use mine for a practice pattern plane.
Yeah, I have used a 17x10 for the past year. After 95 flights on my Osiris, I want to make it a little faster and get crazy.

I am either going to get a 2M Osiris or a 2M Vanquish this fall, so I will have to let my Osiris go if I don't shred it to pieces first.

Pro-Bro Andy's 6S Neu powered Osiris is my inspiration, but I won't get that juice with this motor.

Hopefully jumping from Zippy 25C to Sky 40C and a 17x10 to a 16x12 will make a noticeable difference.
Jun 06, 2012, 09:45 PM
Team Futaba
Silent-AV8R's Avatar
I'm using Turnigy 6S 40-50C 5,000 mAh packs in mine. Same packs I use in my Trex 550FBL. The 16x12 will be plenty fast. I rarely use full throttle except for up lines. It scoots along at a good clip even at throttle with that prop.
Jun 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
The weather was perfect tonight! 85 deg and 3-5mph winds right down the runway.
I got two really good trim flights and I feel like I have the dual elevators sorted pretty well.

Here's something though, it seems I have a slight right roll with sudden ele inputs. Anyone else? Secondly, I am not entirely sure my rudder is in trim... any tips there would be great.

I love this plane!!

Lou
Jun 08, 2012, 12:39 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Anyone know where to get the metal wing bolts from? I don't think 3DHS uses them anymore.
You may want to double check the size...but I believe it could be these.....they are the same bolts used in the 5x" airframes as wing bolts......

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Aluminum-...k_p_15871.html
Jun 08, 2012, 06:42 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421
...it seems I have a slight right roll with sudden ele inputs. Anyone else? Secondly, I am not entirely sure my rudder is in trim... any tips there would be great.

I love this plane!!

Lou
Glad you are liking flying your Osiris! 3,000 posts all (+) LOL! Can you say more about your question, maybe someone can help? Good flying! Dana


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoops! Totaled pattern plane lucasavaitor Fuel Plane Talk 17 Dec 29, 2009 02:19 PM
Discussion Washout for sport/pattern plane? Taktas Modeling Science 22 Dec 24, 2009 07:31 AM
For Sale pattern plane john howard Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Dec 11, 2009 07:48 AM
For Sale 3DHS Asprea Pattern Plane Andrew Jesky Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 21, 2009 09:51 PM
Discussion Talon 62 pattern plane plans fomieforme Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 4 Feb 14, 2007 12:42 PM