3DHS 62" Osiris Pattern Plane - Page 110 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 22, 2011, 11:54 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Guys - More 62" Osirises arrived today, so both colors will be in-stock on the website shortly.
Was I mislead about there being an orange version.....or is that during the next round maybe?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2011, 12:11 AM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
blucor basher's Avatar
No...no orange version. We do them in Red/white and Blue/white. Orange is on the slicks.
Feb 24, 2011, 09:47 PM
Team Hillbilly
blaiss's Avatar
There appears to be a shortage of Hacker A50-16s motors right now.
What other motors are being used for a 6s set up?
I'm not looking for insane power (I've seen yours fly Erik -- you could give turbines a run for thier money.)

Would a Scorpion 4025-12 on 16X10 or 17X10 be overkill?
Feb 24, 2011, 10:18 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaiss
There appears to be a shortage of Hacker A50-16s motors right now.
What other motors are being used for a 6s set up?
I'm not looking for insane power (I've seen yours fly Erik -- you could give turbines a run for thier money.)

Would a Scorpion 4025-12 on 16X10 or 17X10 be overkill?
hahaha, that is very true. although im sure with a smaller prop (17x10 instead of 16x12) it will slow down a bit.

the scorpion isnt a bad choice. the hacker seems to be in stock here. aero model is the us distributor, great service. another route to go would be motrolfly 4325-450 with either a 16x10 or 17x10. its really your choice, ill be sure to help ya out with whatever choice you make.
Feb 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
Team Hillbilly
blaiss's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
hahaha, that is very true. although im sure with a smaller prop (17x10 instead of 16x12) it will slow down a bit.

the scorpion isnt a bad choice. the hacker seems to be in stock here. aero model is the us distributor, great service. another route to go would be motrolfly 4325-450 with either a 16x10 or 17x10. its really your choice, ill be sure to help ya out with whatever choice you make.
I ordered one from them last week. I got the A50-12s today for a buddy, but my 16s was backordered.

I'm gonna start the build this weekend!
Feb 28, 2011, 09:03 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Has anybody actually tried HS225's and an HS985 in the Osiris yet? Just looking to sport fly it, but I'm going to have a heavier 8s 3700 setup.
Feb 28, 2011, 09:09 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Has anybody actually tried HS225's and an HS985 in the Osiris yet? Just looking to sport fly it, but I'm going to have a heavier 8s 3700 setup.
ive got hs225's in my ailerons and elevator. they work fine.
Feb 28, 2011, 11:49 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Nice!
Mar 01, 2011, 03:45 AM
Registered User
G.P. What motor are you using in your 8s setup?
Mar 01, 2011, 07:58 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Not sure yet. I haven't really researched it yet, but Ben mentioned the Scorpion 4025-16 when I asked about 8s.

I've been thinking that a 3 blade prop may look cool though. I think that I could run a motor with lower KV then. I'm not sure how much smaller of a prop you need to run when going from 2 blades to 3, but it may be easier to find a motor for a 3 blade prop. I know that 3 blade props are less efficient, and props and spinners are hard to find, so I have to look into that some more. Just something I've been thinking about........
Mar 01, 2011, 08:18 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
PropCalc allows one to compare similar 2 blade to 3 blade setups: http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc_e.htm?castle
Mar 01, 2011, 09:41 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Not sure yet. I haven't really researched it yet, but Ben mentioned the Scorpion 4025-16 when I asked about 8s.

I've been thinking that a 3 blade prop may look cool though. I think that I could run a motor with lower KV then. I'm not sure how much smaller of a prop you need to run when going from 2 blades to 3, but it may be easier to find a motor for a 3 blade prop. I know that 3 blade props are less efficient, and props and spinners are hard to find, so I have to look into that some more. Just something I've been thinking about........
i looked into 3 bladed props for my osiris for a while. just arent very many options out there for 3 bladed electric props, and the ones that are, arent in very convenient sizes
Mar 01, 2011, 10:11 AM
Registered User
Dennis Everett's Avatar
Who sells this plane , and how much are they ? looks nice! .. Dennis
Mar 01, 2011, 10:31 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
i looked into 3 bladed props for my osiris for a while. just arent very many options out there for 3 bladed electric props, and the ones that are, arent in very convenient sizes
That's what I am affraid of. If I didn't get the power system right from the start, there aren't alot of props to play around with it. Also, the props usually cost much more. I'll probably just go with the recommended Scorpion unless I can find some info of a complete setup that someone has tried.
Mar 01, 2011, 11:07 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett
Who sells this plane , and how much are they ? looks nice! .. Dennis
3dhobbyshop.com

i love mine. fantastic plane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoops! Totaled pattern plane lucasavaitor Fuel Plane Talk 17 Dec 29, 2009 02:19 PM
Discussion Washout for sport/pattern plane? Taktas Modeling Science 22 Dec 24, 2009 07:31 AM
For Sale pattern plane john howard Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Dec 11, 2009 07:48 AM
For Sale 3DHS Asprea Pattern Plane Andrew Jesky Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 21, 2009 09:51 PM
Discussion Talon 62 pattern plane plans fomieforme Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 4 Feb 14, 2007 12:42 PM