This thread is privately moderated by Matt Halton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2010, 10:12 AM
Lover of scale R/C
Thread OP
Discussion

BAC/English Electric Lightning new build-2 seat or single?

Well, after some problems in 2009 which effectively ceased my model building,I'm back in again with a new workshop and hopefully new models. I have to finish my B-26, but some items needed can't be aquired yet...So,I thought I'd like to build another pusher jet,again the Lightning using new state of the art materials.

My new model will be 22" span, can't decide on motor/ESC/Prop yet, but I have a Grayson Super Mega Jet motor looking for a home..

This model will be a mix of Depron, pink foam, balsa and ply.I have got some good airfoil sections,meaning I can faithfully emulate the wing used on the full size.

Can't decide on 2 seat or single.Single seaters already done,and I ilike something different,so probably will plumb for the T.55 for my purposes.

I'm hoping it will be lighter,therefore handlaunch, plus I want TRUE vertical performance.

I have started drawing the plans, so anytime now.My new workshop is nearly ready, so off we go!

Here's some pics of the real deal.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply