Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by CaptDH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Xpress..'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R. Wheeler
I been going to the show since 1991 and AMA is pricing themselves out! $400.00 for a booth,$25 for a chair,food,room,moving product into venue etc etc. All this do is keep the little guy out! This is a mama/papa/cottage business.
I would like to see more small company at the show with new product that their R/D came up with. Like one year CR Aircraft was there. Were they there this year? Why not! What happen to AstroFlight.
And the most important one of all,which should have been first is the NFL Playoffs. Football is first with most american males. I have asked the AMA people why have it on this date?
The RCX Show is at a time when there is nothing going on. And last $15.00 for this show is too much!!! By time a man move his people.. He will have to take out a home loan. All because he thinks there will be the latest and greatest there. The Show As I See It!! Late!
$15 isn't too much for admission. I've paid more for car shows and whatnot.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2010, 02:18 PM
Registered User
Lee R. Wheeler's Avatar
HI Xpress. You are right. It is not bad for one person. But for a family of four, for the whole day. It get to be a bit much. Late!
Jan 11, 2010, 02:21 PM
Registered User
rockbus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareh
It may sound out of topic but generally which show you guys prefer, AMA or RCX show? My understanding is that the AMA is mainly concentrated on aerials and flying mechines but rcx is for general radio controlled machines, for some reason I've been more interested in rcx lately than AMA, even though I'm a plane and heli fan.
RC Expo has too much car and die cast car displays for me. Its supposed to be RC related but last time I went two years ago (Pomona) they had two building and one whole building was die cast car displays, Where is the RC in that!

Anyway that was the last time I went to RCX and I doubt I'll go again. Even if they give me free tickets.
Jan 11, 2010, 02:23 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
finchkid24's Avatar
RCX is just fun to go to. Even though it isn't as centered more around planes (although you'll find the booths you needs, the big names, and still get deals) it is still interesting to watch the RC Cars run and see everything. Plus it is 4 minutes from my house
Jan 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
Registered User
omnicomps's Avatar
Did any one see GWS there? My friends and I were looking for the GWS booth but didn't see it.
Jan 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
Registered User
Jcopter's Avatar
Nope No GWS!!!
Jcopter
Jan 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Xpress..'s Avatar
No GWS, but I think there were some vendors selling GWS stuff.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
Jan 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
RC Expo has too much car and die cast car displays for me. Its supposed to be RC related but last time I went two years ago (Pomona) they had two building and one whole building was die cast car displays, Where is the RC in that!

Anyway that was the last time I went to RCX and I doubt I'll go again. Even if they give me free tickets.
Ray:

You might rethink that. I have the reins on flying toys at RCX like I do the AQMA Expo and have been working to expand the air side of the event. This year we have an outdoor heli demo that'll be running constantly just east of building 6, the aircraft building. Our primary disadvantage at the LA Co Fairgrounds is that we are directly under the final approach to Brackett Field just across the street from the drag strip. That puts a hard ceiling on the RCX airshows but we're working to use that airspace as much as possible without catching flak from them. I also want to fill building 6 with pilots to the point where there's no room for die cast.

mw
Last edited by Mark Wood; Jan 13, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
Jan 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
Registered User
Jcopter's Avatar
Some old GWS stock but not much
Too Bad, they could have done better
Jcopter
Jan 11, 2010, 05:59 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Xpress..'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Ray:

You might rethink that. I have the reins on flying toys at RCX like I do the AQMA Expo and have been working to expand the air side of the event. This year we have an outdoor heli demo that'll be running constantly just east of building 6, the aircraft building. Our primary disadvantage at the LA Co Fairgrounds is that we are directly under the final approach to Brackett Field just across the street from the drag strip. That puts a hard ceiling on the RXC airshows but we're working to use that airspace as much as possible without catching flak from them. I also want to fill building 6 with pilots to the point where there's no room for die cast.

mw
So the flightline this year will be bigger inside?
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
Jan 11, 2010, 08:40 PM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
So the flightline this year will be bigger inside?
Probably not (vendors need room) but it's something to consider. Thanks.

mw
Jan 11, 2010, 09:53 PM
Registered User

NitroPlanes.com at the AMA


Nitroplanes at the 2010 AMA SHOW Academy of Model Aeronautics (3 min 46 sec)
Jan 12, 2010, 12:42 AM
check for reversed controls
alpea 41's Avatar
Nice vid. We like your stuff . Club member has the little $35. P -51 foamy airframe of the warbird line it's a good one.
Jan 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R. Wheeler
HI Xpress. You are right. It is not bad for one person. But for a family of four, for the whole day. It get to be a bit much. Late!
Everything is so expensive. Actually the $11 or $13 is really cheap. THat's the price of a movie ticket nowadays.

I cringe at how much a family has to pay at a real outting. The Zoo can be $200 and Sea World $3-400 for one day!
Jan 12, 2010, 10:34 AM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicomps
Did any one see GWS there? My friends and I were looking for the GWS booth but didn't see it.
Mr Lin stopped by the Flying Area to say hi. Apparently he also has had to consider closely where he is spending money these days and the Expo didn't factor into the budget this year.

mw


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion AMA safety code rule 4 rewritten: 2010 AMA safety code rule 5 Thomas B AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) 18 Jan 20, 2010 02:51 PM
Discussion AMA Show CHOYADO Xtreme Power Systems 28 Jan 12, 2010 09:01 AM
Discussion Speakers at AMA Expo in 2010 Michael Heer AMA Expo 10 Jan 11, 2010 10:15 PM
Discussion Bannana will be at AMA EXPO Bob Reynolds Vendor Talk 45 Jan 09, 2010 07:57 PM
Alert 2010 AMA Show and Swap, Ontario, CA. oldscooler Slope 9 Dec 28, 2009 10:38 AM