New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:40 AM
Bas B is offline
Find More Posts by Bas B
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai@UCSB View Post
Any flight report for the version-2 ?
The Twister 2 did do very well during the first F3K contest in Holland.
The three Twister 2's in the field ended at places 1,2 and 3.
The weather conditions were very good (good thermals whole the day, almost no wind during the first 6 rounds and some wind the last 2 rounds). 95% of the flights it was very easy to fly the target time. The chalange was to survive the other 5%.

Regards,
Bas
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:42 AM
maikoflyer is offline
Find More Posts by maikoflyer
Registered User
Hi,

does there exist a new build manual for Twister 2 or do all got the old one from Twister 1?
Especially i can not believe that there will fit a 10mm thick servo 200mm away from the root of the wing in front of the spar.

lg
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
Alex Hoekstra is offline
Find More Posts by Alex Hoekstra
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
The maual says an 8mm servo but you are right that might not fit.

For Twister 2 servo's should be placed behind the spar. Preferable as close to the root as possible. A 9mm servo (hyperion) wil fit 20mm from the root inside the carbonfibre triangle.
I am working on a new manual but am so busy that i can hardly find time for it.

Alex
Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:24 PM
Goeland86 is offline
Find More Posts by Goeland86
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Goeland86's Avatar
Alex,

How would one go about procuring a Twister2 from outside the US? I'm moving to switzerland in the fall, and I've been drooling over Paul's Twister 1's since he got them... I'll be selling most of my RC gear when I go, so I might be able to actually afford one!

Do you have a website in europe, or do you just do it person to person? And with switzerland in the schengen zone, how's that affect shipping and taxes?

Thanks,

Jon
Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:38 PM
Alex Hoekstra is offline
Find More Posts by Alex Hoekstra
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
For Switzerland you can order them directly with me.
You can buy them whitout taxes but customs will charge you 6% if i am right. Shipping will be 45 euro.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:40 PM
Goeland86 is offline
Find More Posts by Goeland86
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Goeland86's Avatar
6% taxes is better than 15%+ VAT I still win!

I'm moving in august, so I'll place the order when I get there

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:11 PM
Jan_B is offline
Find More Posts by Jan_B
Registered User
VAT is 7.6% in Switzerland. Still not that bad.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:22 PM
Goeland86 is offline
Find More Posts by Goeland86
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Goeland86's Avatar
In switzerland, yes. But you pay the VAT from the selling country when in the EU. And I believe it is much higher in the NL...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:59 PM
Kai@UCSB is offline
Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
Registered User
Kai@UCSB's Avatar
Hehe, my brother is living in switzerland too. Maybe I should go that route too.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:02 PM
Goeland86 is offline
Find More Posts by Goeland86
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Goeland86's Avatar
Kai, I can tell you for having lived there that you probably don't want to do that... Shipping from Switzerland is very expensive! Whatever you saved by shipping to switzerland from taxes and then bouncing it back to california would probably come out more expensive for you... Unless you intend to visit in Switzerland for the euro-tour?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:48 AM
Alex Hoekstra is offline
Find More Posts by Alex Hoekstra
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeland86 View Post
In switzerland, yes. But you pay the VAT from the selling country when in the EU. And I believe it is much higher in the NL...
19% and it would have been 20% without the economical crises.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:59 PM
SOAR-Steve is offline
Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Steve Meyer
SOAR-Steve's Avatar
How much of that goes to Greece?

BTW, I am on a list for a Twister 2. Not sure for what year however.
Old May 02, 2010, 12:08 PM
Bas B is offline
Find More Posts by Bas B
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
What happen to the delivery time of new Twister 2s?
My guess is that it increases

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showp...0&postcount=11
Old May 27, 2010, 08:06 AM
atlav8r is offline
Find More Posts by atlav8r
atlav8r's Avatar
A few really bad photos of what Santa ...... I mean Alex just delivered ;-)

We are to have another delivery sometime in June and if you are on the list look for an Email from us soon.

Cliff
Site Sponsor
Old May 27, 2010, 10:53 AM
rcgeorge is offline
Find More Posts by rcgeorge
usaf3kteam
rcgeorge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
How much of that goes to Greece?

BTW, I am on a list for a Twister 2. Not sure for what year however.
Me too


Thread Tools