Introduction Twister 2 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 10, 2010, 05:54 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Thermaln2's Avatar
Alex,

Why did you choose to change to symmetrical airfoils on the stab and rudders?

Why did you choose to use a fix Stab/elevator combination versus full flying stabs?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Chris
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2010, 10:57 PM
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2
Alex,

Why did you choose to change to symmetrical airfoils on the stab and rudders?
I didn't change to symetrical. Both stab and ruther are a-symetrical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2
Why did you choose to use a fix Stab/elevator combination versus full flying stabs?
Because i have better experiences with fixed stab. Better flutter resistant and less deadband. Easyer set up
Jan 10, 2010, 11:43 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Thermaln2's Avatar
Thanks Alex. I mis-understood symmetrical to be for the airfoil, not the vertical planform which is symmetrical.
Feb 12, 2010, 12:09 AM
In F3J size does matter!
roydor's Avatar
Hi Alex,
Any news?
How does it fly?
How would you compare it the the original twister?
Feb 12, 2010, 03:18 AM
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor
Hi Alex,
Any news?
How does it fly?
How would you compare it the the original twister?
Hello Roydor,

It flies great. The Twister 1 flew especialy good when flown a bit heavier . The Twister 2 also flies great when flown very light. It needs less ballast to penetrate and has a very good glide angle. The best thing from the Twister 2 is the handling. It turns so unbelievable smooth and easy and reacts very well to the rudder. Its striking how often we are able to thermal away from 10 foot or less.

Alex
Feb 12, 2010, 11:04 AM
Steve Meyer
SOAR-Steve's Avatar
I like the lines. Very nice. Looks like I may need to try one.
Are you able to keep up with the demand? How many are you able to ship to Atlanta Hobby?

Just wondering what the waiting list may look like.
Feb 12, 2010, 11:41 AM
atlav8r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve
I like the lines. Very nice. Looks like I may need to try one.
Are you able to keep up with the demand? How many are you able to ship to Atlanta Hobby?

Just wondering what the waiting list may look like.
I have 2 slots left for March Deliveries.
Cliff
Feb 12, 2010, 12:14 PM
In F3J size does matter!
roydor's Avatar
Alex,

How are the launches compared to the original twister?
Feb 12, 2010, 02:53 PM
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor
Alex,

How are the launches compared to the original twister?
Twister 2 launch about the same to slightly better. I don't have altimeter mesurements jet . The Twister 1 was already a very high launching plane and the Twister 2 is no less. It seems in windy conditions it might launch a fraction higher.

Alex
Feb 12, 2010, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Kai@UCSB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hoekstra
The Twister 1 flew especialy good when flown a bit heavier .
Hello Alex,

I remember I read the similar comments somewhere, would you please share the AUW you fly on your Twister?

-Kai (about to maiden mine this weekend )
Feb 12, 2010, 08:19 PM
Throw it like you hate it
RCPC's Avatar
Alex,
congratulations on coming out with the Twister 2. i cant imagine how it could be any better than the twister 1. it is my highest launching plane and likely has the best float and handling. the first flight with my twisters was like flying a plane i was VERY familiar with. the twister 1 was very predictable and a beautiful ship. will you still be producing twister 1 models? if we would need a new wing, would you be able to supply it?

thanks
paul
Feb 13, 2010, 04:01 AM
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Paul,

I don't produce the Twister 1 anymore but trust me, The Twister 2 is better:-).
I will have spare parts available for 1 year(fuselage and tails) but no wings.

Alex
Feb 13, 2010, 10:38 AM
atlav8r's Avatar

Twister Build


Hi Guys,
My brother Bob has done a nice Build thread on His Twister over at the Altanta Hobby Ask The Experts forum. There is a direct link below or just visit Atlantahobby.com and click on the Ask the Experts link on the Home page if you want to see the photos.

We will have 2 of the T1's down in San Flesco FL this next weekend.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/forum/fo...nd-hand-launch

Cliff Whitney
RCRadioNetwork.com
Feb 13, 2010, 02:00 PM
Alex Hoekstra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai@UCSB
Hello Alex,

I remember I read the similar comments somewhere, would you please share the AUW you fly on your Twister?

-Kai (about to maiden mine this weekend )
Sorry, i missed this post before. I never fly the Twister 1 at less then 280 grams. I make better stil air times with 280 then with 260 grams due to higher launch and it still takes the smallest thermals at 280. I also find the handling better when flown a bit heavier.
Feb 13, 2010, 03:24 PM
Walter Roos
ROOSWH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Hi Guys,
My brother Bob has done a nice Build thread on His Twister over at the Altanta Hobby Ask The Experts forum. There is a direct link below or just visit Atlantahobby.com and click on the Ask the Experts link on the Home page if you want to see the photos.

We will have 2 of the T1's down in San Flesco FL this next weekend.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/forum/fo...nd-hand-launch

Cliff Whitney
RCRadioNetwork.com
Hi Cliff and Bob,
I took a look at Bob's build photos and now I have Twister Envy. That's a beautiful DLG. It looks like it's ready for Bob to move his contest's standings up a notch or two. Bob, I'm a fan, kick butt.


walt