May 12, 2003, 06:09 PM
Thread OP

Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video

Hello guys, a while back I had posted a thread about flying the Tiger Moth inverted. I finally got another video put together and I've included a few inverted clips. If anyone is interested in checking it out, here it is:

http://www.silentflightonline.com/si...mages/1193.wmv

Enjoy!

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2003, 06:43 PM
MSDP
Nice inverted flying!
May 12, 2003, 07:49 PM

Tiger Moth Antics - Flying Inverted

Kyle,

That is a neat video! Great flying, pictures and production!

Keep up the great work!!

Roger
May 13, 2003, 01:40 AM
Silent Flight
Kyle:

It is always so soothing to watch TM videos, esp. when relaxing music is mixed in.

Great job, as always! My next mission - fly my Moth inverted!

Thanks!

daveWCO
May 13, 2003, 02:08 AM
Nimble with Gimbals
Certainly the best RC video I've seen yet. Well done!
May 13, 2003, 10:20 AM
Must cancel PayPal acct!
Extremely nice video. Great inverted flying and touch and gos. Really liked the music as well.

Drivie
May 14, 2003, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This hobby is too much fun not to share it with others. Regards,

Kyle
May 14, 2003, 10:51 PM
Elfi Flyer

Nice Flying

Nice runway, even with the bend in it!

Also, nice change in the weather during your "flight". Have you considered installing lights on your TM?

RD
May 16, 2003, 07:40 AM
Thread OP
I've considered lots of things for the TM - lights, still camera, movie camera. Right there at the bend in the road is the local gun club. The club guys kid me about flying that thing close by when their shooting skeet. Yellow makes a nice target!

I've got 500 feet of the best runway around, but since I only really need about 10 feet, I've got lots of room for error.

Kyle
May 16, 2003, 07:45 AM
Excellent video. Really enjoyed the production and your flying. Both well done!

David J.
May 16, 2003, 12:53 PM
One of the best videos I have seen.

Bugleboy
May 16, 2003, 06:54 PM
Wow, that was a great video. The music was perfect, your cameraperson did a fantastic job and your piloting skills were superb. I dare say it was the nicest produced video I have seen to date here. Like DaveWCO said, it is so soothing to watch the moth fly. I especially liked the shots when the camera pointed towards the sunset with the moth flying. It looked like a full scale plane at times. It kind of makes me want to want to go fly my moth before the sun goes completely down! I'll have to see if the rain has stopped yet.
May 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
SpeedWing Test Cruncher
Really nice work Kyle. Emotionally inspiring. Enjoyed the warmth the music blended into the sunset shots. Fine job.

-Rodger
May 16, 2003, 07:56 PM
VERY, VERY NICE!

Dude, I saw your first Tigermoth video, and totally loved it! I saved it to my harddrive as "TM vid BEST" literally! Now I see this one, and it is the smoothest flying I have ever seen! Man, you kick butt at the tm and videos! I've gotta saw, you have got a nice videoman, too! Is this your second TM vid, or did I miss one?

Your should sell them for $20K each to GWS.

Is that the Seattle stratospere in that background?

Thanx!
-Michael
May 16, 2003, 07:57 PM
oh, and could you tell us the entire setup and the major mods?

Do you buy a new moth for every video? Darn, they look great each time!

Quick Reply