Jan 07, 2010, 10:40 AM
Skint since 2000
Thread OP
New Product

Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite

Brand New Heli From Eflite

Key Features

* 100% factory-assembled, test-flown and ready-to-fly
* A great 2nd heli for anyone who has flown a coaxial or single rotor fixed-pitch heli
* Softer control response around center for transitioning pilots
* Includes 6-channel HP6DSM 2.4GHz DSM2 transmitter
* Includes DC Li-Po balancing charger with AC adapter
* Includes 3S 11.1V 1000mAh Li-Po battery pack
* Spektrum AR6100e Microlite Receiver, installed
* E-flite G110 Heading Lock Gyro, installed
* Direct drive tail motor
* Sturdy, shock absorbent two-piece main frame
* Full line of replacement and option parts available

Overview

If you’re ready to step up from a coaxial or single-rotor fixed-pitch heli, the Blade SR is the absolute best way to make that transition a successful one.

It comes out of the box programmed to provide softer climb, pitch and roll response around the center of stick movement. This, combined with the tough, two-piece main frame and lower head speed, makes the Blade SR more forgiving and easier to master than most conventional CP helis. Plus, it’s big enough to fly outdoors even if there’s a little wind.

Specs
Type: RTF Collective Pitch Electric Micro Heli
Main Rotor Diameter: 21.80 in (552mm)
Tail Rotor Diameter: 3.20 in (82mm)
Gross Weight: 120 oz (340 g) with battery
Length: 19.10 in (485mm)
Motor Size: Brushless 3900Kv (installed)
Kit/ARF/RTF: RTF
Control System: HP6DSM 2.4GHz DSM 6-channel (included)
Is Assembly Required: No

Link To Horizon Hobby's Page: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2010, 10:44 AM
Skint since 2000
Thread OP
No plans for A BnF so Far
Jan 07, 2010, 11:05 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Removed as the comment was not correct.

Don
Last edited by Keyrigger; Jan 07, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:13 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger
If there was any doubt who was manufacturing the Blade CP series of helis for E-flite, this one removes all doubt, lol.

Don
What do you mean?
Jan 07, 2010, 11:14 AM
Skint since 2000
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
What do you mean?
So no plans for a BnF one.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:25 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212
So no plans for a BnF one.
Not at this time.

This heli is focused squarely at pilots who are looking to move up from coaxials or fixed-pitch helis to their first CP. Through the linkage geometry and the rate/expo/throttle curves we've tuned this one to be especially friendly to that type of pilot. We would never expect that customer to be ready to accomplish all those settings on his or her own, so we're only offering this one as an RTF at this time.

Since it does use the AR6100e receiver, of course the heli will bind to any Spektrum or JR DSM transmitter.

David
Jan 07, 2010, 11:25 AM
Removed, as I was corrected.

Don
Last edited by Keyrigger; Jan 07, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:26 AM
But understand one thing, I love my Blades.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Well, at least they lowered the price. Why would you pick this over an HBK3?
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 07, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:39 AM
I guess E-Flite got a lot of people into Heli's with the MCX and MSR (like me) and it is a brand they can trust. I love my MCX and MSR.
I am a noob but just giving perhaps a different perspective, I didn't even know what a HBK3 was until google told me :P
Jan 07, 2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Not at this time.

This heli is focused squarely at pilots who are looking to move up from coaxials or fixed-pitch helis to their first CP. Through the linkage geometry and the rate/expo/throttle curves we've tuned this one to be especially friendly to that type of pilot. We would never expect that customer to be ready to accomplish all those settings on his or her own, so we're only offering this one as an RTF at this time.

Since it does use the AR6100e receiver, of course the heli will bind to any Spektrum or JR DSM transmitter.

David
That is good news as I know a lot of people looking for a small heli that they can use their computer radios with. Most of the kits out there require you to use the included radio which I think hold many pilots back, at least it does for me even though the included radio and mixes are beneficial. A BNF version would be nice with a series of suggested setup options for people who want to use a DX7 or equivilent radio system. I would have purchased a Novus CP a long time ago if there was an option to use my own radio.

Does the pitch of the main blades change or is it just the fly bar? I cannot tell from the pictures? Inverted flight a possibility?
Jan 07, 2010, 11:46 AM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyzero
I guess E-Flite got a lot of people into Heli's with the MCX and MSR (like me) and it is a brand they can trust. I love my MCX and MSR.
I am a noob but just giving perhaps a different perspective, I didn't even know what a HBK3 was until google told me :P
Most pilots avoid motor driven tails whenever possible, especially brushed motor driven tails. A belt drive tail is much preferable. I owned several CP Pros over a few years and the tail was always an issue.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:52 AM
Heli girl!
How does this helicopter fits in the current Horizon 300 size lineup?

I mean we have:

Blade CP: brushed main and tail motors

CP Pro 2: heavy duty brushed main and dd brushed tail motor

Blade SR: Brushless main motor and dd brlushed tail motor.

I don't understand unless the CP line is being replaced. I always expected a big version of the mSR would be FP.

The SR having a brushless main Horizon could have gone for a belt tail with no problems.

Appart from the different frame and BL motor, what are the differences between a CP Pro 2 and a Blade SR?

Thanks
Jan 07, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cranky old fart
If you check, the Blade CP Pro 2 isn't listed any more.
Jan 07, 2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
Most pilots avoid motor driven tails whenever possible, especially brushed motor driven tails. A belt drive tail is much preferable. I owned several CP Pros over a few years and the tail was always an issue.
Makes sense.. weight issues and also another motor to break?

Quick Reply