View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 63 10.61%
DW SKUA 29 4.88%
DW 38" kit 177 29.80%
DW 48" kit 158 26.60%
DW 55" kit 71 11.95%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.52%
Never owned one 209 35.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 594. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710
That's intriguing. Good info to have, though I'm most curious about how planes of the same size compare against each other.
unfortunately the 34" raven is my only pro kit. You could ask Mike or Santiago.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
Fair enough. All I have to compare right now is the 38" Yak-54 and the 40" Yak-55SP I accidentally dropped in a lake (when the radio cut ). Unfortunately for comparison purposes, the '54 has minimal bracing, while the '55 has a braced tail and rear fuse.

Either way, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them both! Just feel instantly comfortable--even if I haven't flown them in months.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
I bought an airframe only,38" Juka,I knew it did not come with much hardware as they stated. I guess its a good thing I know how these things go together as it they did not state it did not come with any instructions nor any indication of the CG. It would be nice to at least include that with kit.I had enough experience to figure out the order to glue pieces together and get CG close enough for a good
flight,I just had minor tweaking to move CG back to my liking. Maybee in future they could include this stuff for guys that may really need it to have a good experience with the plane. I have quite a few flights on mine now and over all it does fly well. Joe
Sep 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Sorry you had a hard time. Every kit i've ordered from DW has come with full hardware and instructions. I suppose the airframe only kits are really just replacement parts to use if you already had the kit to begin with it.
Sep 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Oh I didnt have a hard time, but others might if they did not know about that stuff. I had plenty of spare CF and rods ect.... I cut alot of my own planes from depron and they fly well also, thought I would give this one a try. Just about anything cut from Depron will fly though...
Sep 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky
Oh I didnt have a hard time, but others might if they did not know about that stuff. I had plenty of spare CF and rods ect.... I cut alot of my own planes from depron and they fly well also, thought I would give this one a try. Just about anything cut from Depron will fly though...
ah...very cool.
Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
just did my very first night fly! Took the 34" raven to the tennis courts near my house that are lighted. Sooooo much fun. This thing will harrier at a snail's pace. Absolutely incredible!

I need to get a camera
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Sep 30, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Sep 29, 2012, 07:17 PM
I'm going flying..........
Just wanted to stop in and Thank Mike of DWFoamies. Last night he got us (several local DWFoamies fans) into a indoor night flight session at a large indoor venue. It was awesome.............. Had not flown in that size indoor place in several years. Most had micro stuff. Mike had brought along several ultra light 38-40 models. I had thrown in my trunk a 40 Juka with 6mm fuse and 9mm wing. Not the lightest set up for indoors at 16oz w/800mah 3cell. But I tell ya, what a great time and it flew, like all DW's, great. Thanks Mike.
Sep 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hey guys! I just got one of the new revo's and hope to have pics and video soon for you guys
Sep 30, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
just did my very first night fly! Took the 34" raven to the tennis courts near my house that are lighted. Sooooo much fun. This think will harrier at a snail's pace. Absolutely incredible!

I need to get a camera
great to hear you like it! im putting vpp on my raven right now and also hope to get a video.you can also get it knife edge at that speed because of the huge rudder lol
Sep 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710
That's intriguing. Good info to have, though I'm most curious about how planes of the same size compare against each other.
the raven is defenetly the biggest and floatiest one.extra 330,yak 55 and the juka are more freestyle planes(raven is too except it is a little less aggressive,the only way i can compare the raven is to the 3dhs slick).threlon is awesome for f3p i haven't had a yak 54 yet but it is defenetly in my fututre

as for the 28 inch planes,they are more outdoor than the 34inch pro kits.they still fly awesome indoors but it can handle a little more wind
Sep 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF8D7...8&feature=plcp
By posting this rusty video of me trying to 3D a foamie, I hope not to disrespect AWESOME pilots like my buddy Santiago here....eh!eh! but I tell ya, after flying a bunch of different micro planes, this was so far THE BEST EVER!!! Another great plane by DWF!!!
sweet video! makes me want to go fly right now! lol
Sep 30, 2012, 04:35 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
great to hear you like it! im putting vpp on my raven right now and also hope to get a video.you can also get it knife edge at that speed because of the huge rudder lol
yeah, i'm loving the Raven. I just met a guy that is the local HVAC guru for one of our school districts. He said he can get a gym reserved for the winter. Cannot wait to try this thing indoors.

My understanding is the larger 30-34" pro kits actually fly slower than the 28" kits.
Sep 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
the raven is defenetly the biggest and floatiest one.extra 330,yak 55 and the juka are more freestyle planes(raven is too except it is a little less aggressive,the only way i can compare the raven is to the 3dhs slick).threlon is awesome for f3p i haven't had a yak 54 yet but it is defenetly in my fututre

as for the 28 inch planes,they are more outdoor than the 34inch pro kits.they still fly awesome indoors but it can handle a little more wind
I appreciate the information!

Are you saying that the 28" planes fly better than the 34's outside? That's what it sounds like...

As someone who owns the 38" Yak-54, I can say that it's an awesome 3D trainer. No handling vices, even though it's not the most maneuverable. It was my first plane
Sep 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
I was told the 28s fly faster thus penetrating the wind more and making it better for outdoors when compared to the pro kits. But if there's little to no wind, the raven is like magic outside. Almost like cheating

Quick Reply