DW Foamies owners thread!! - Page 300 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 62 10.49%
DW SKUA 29 4.91%
DW 38" kit 177 29.95%
DW 48" kit 156 26.40%
DW 55" kit 71 12.01%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.52%
Never owned one 208 35.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Nov 05, 2012, 01:33 AM
oldguy
Regarding rates.

Thanks Daniel!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar

Joining the club


Just deciding to move up from EPP. Currently flying RCPlanebuilder and Twisted Hobby's 32" foamies. And I've been advised that my next stop in this wonderful trip up to Balsa Lane would a 48"-er by DW. And here I am subscribed.
My question is what model would be a good next move for someone moving into 3D depron? I've got my eye on the 48" Extra 300L. But not really knowing the + & - of any of the models I'm open to suggestions on why or why not a particular model.

Thanks in advance. Now back to the thread. I'm almost caught up! I'm on post #166!!!!
Nov 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3
Just deciding to move up from EPP. Currently flying RCPlanebuilder and Twisted Hobby's 32" foamies. And I've been advised that my next stop in this wonderful trip up to Balsa Lane would a 48"-er by DW. And here I am subscribed.
My question is what model would be a good next move for someone moving into 3D depron? I've got my eye on the 48" Extra 300L. But not really knowing the + & - of any of the models I'm open to suggestions on why or why not a particular model.

Thanks in advance. Now back to the thread. I'm almost caught up! I'm on post #166!!!!
all of the DW planes fly awesome! there are no - on any of them! the juka and the extra are really popular but all of them are great! I would go with the style of plane you like the most (yak,extra,edge etc.).you wont be disappointed
Nov 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
Elec 1800's Avatar
testing out my proto LED prop on my 48'' Juka
Nov 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800
testing out my proto LED prop on my 48'' Juka
wow! i need!
Nov 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800
testing out my proto LED prop on my 48'' Juka
Wow! Let me know when these are for sale! And I don't even have a DW foamie yet! That is sick!
Nov 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
Elec 1800's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
wow! i need!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3
Wow! Let me know when these are for sale! And I don't even have a DW foamie yet! That is sick!
Wow, thank you fellas for the comments. I do plan of making these on the side in different sizes. will post a vid later tonight as it will be the first flight
Nov 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3
Just deciding to move up from EPP. Currently flying RCPlanebuilder and Twisted Hobby's 32" foamies. And I've been advised that my next stop in this wonderful trip up to Balsa Lane would a 48"-er by DW. And here I am subscribed.
My question is what model would be a good next move for someone moving into 3D depron? I've got my eye on the 48" Extra 300L. But not really knowing the + & - of any of the models I'm open to suggestions on why or why not a particular model.

Thanks in advance. Now back to the thread. I'm almost caught up! I'm on post #166!!!!
Congrats. You're going to love a DW. The crispness of flight is incredible. I asked the same question and was told that they are all great fliers. My understanding is that the Yak 54 might be the most "neutral", which is why i went with that one when looking for a depron 48" to practice rollers. I also have a 40" Juka and 34" raven. Both are awesome.
Nov 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Congrats. You're going to love a DW. The crispness of flight is incredible. I asked the same question and was told that they are all great fliers. My understanding is that the Yak 54 might be the most "neutral", which is why i went with that one when looking for a depron 48" to practice rollers. I also have a 40" Juka and 34" raven. Both are awesome.
Thanks! I'm leaning toward that Extra 300L. Still researching and looking at the model.
Nov 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3
Thanks! I'm leaning toward that Extra 300L. Still researching and looking at the model.
i'm sure you'll love the extra. Unless you're exceptionally talented, i don't think you'll likely notice that much difference between the 48ers, so go with what you think is the looker.
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Nov 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3
Thanks! I'm leaning toward that Extra 300L. Still researching and looking at the model.
Just my two cents worth, I have both the 48" Juka and a 48" Yak54. Both fly wonderful, but for me, the juka is a bit wilder, were as the Yak is a bit more neutral as stated before, Unfortunetly I can't comment on the Extra as I haven't gotten one yet.

Mike R
Nov 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User
BryanEW710's Avatar
The Yak-54 is where it's at.
Nov 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User
eranrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800
testing out my proto LED prop on my 48'' Juka
Last night was a blast bro!! Santi, U need 2 join us... come over to my pad with ya folks one night to fly :-)
Nov 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
Registered User
eranrc's Avatar
Mike flying his lighted up Juka 48" by DWF at the neighborhood night fly (1 min 40 sec)

Last nights flying fun...
Nov 13, 2012, 12:12 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc
Nice!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo DW Foamies - Colored Packing Tape Trim Scheme rpmrpm Painting and Finishing Tips 47 Feb 24, 2013 05:35 PM
Discussion DW foamies BAF 48" yak 54 build thread appleflyer 3D Flying 50 Jul 24, 2012 04:31 PM
Discussion DW Foamies Yak Junior Build Thread NumbSkull 3D Foamies 90 Feb 01, 2012 04:25 PM
Poll DW Foamies owners thread (poll) Xpress.. 3D Flying 132 Mar 26, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion DW (Depron West) Foamies 38" Gen-X tdriedger 3D Foamies 14 Jan 12, 2010 05:13 PM