View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 62 10.49%
DW SKUA 29 4.91%
DW 38" kit 177 29.95%
DW 48" kit 156 26.40%
DW 55" kit 71 12.01%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.52%
Never owned one 208 35.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Jun 09, 2012, 12:59 AM
Registered User
agreed. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on EPP. I agree it's nice to have the durability, but I can have the depron CA'd and ready to fly again in 5-10 mins typically. And I love the crispness of the depron flight characteristics.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2012, 12:57 PM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
agreed. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on EPP. I agree it's nice to have the durability, but I can have the depron CA'd and ready to fly again in 5-10 mins typically. And I love the crispness of the depron flight characteristics.
Not really arguing here but I build and sell a 27" EPP foamie. I have about 80 out in the wild right now and the benifit is for the pilots wanting to learn 3D.

EPP allows the pilot in trouble to just shut off and let it fall to the ground with little or no damage. It repairs quick with Hot glue if needed and your back up.


Don't get me wrong, I love Mike's kits and the way they fly, and for several of my customers I have told them to buy the DW kits once there skills have gotten better.

I learned 3D on the DW kits and let me tell you it was not fun snapping a fuse from a simple mistake. Yeah I glued it back together at the field and flew again, most times, but other times it was back to the shop for the repair.

Soo there is some value to the EPP for begginers.

Mike R
Jun 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
I really like my Fusion Extra 300L. tuff little plane.
Jun 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
last friday I was invited to an elementary school to do a few demos for the kids,I had a ton of fun flying(wind was pretty bad for indoor planes lol) and talking to the kids.It was great to be able to teach the kids a little about rc and hopefully ill see some of them at the field.

i brought my 34" raven pro,micro cub with AS3X,and 34" extra 330 pro with vpp(kids loved the vpp)
Jun 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
KF7JBN
Jhondra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
last friday I was invited to an elementary school to do a few demos for the kids,I had a ton of fun flying(wind was pretty bad for indoor planes lol) and talking to the kids.It was great to be able to teach the kids a little about rc and hopefully ill see some of them at the field.

i brought my 34" raven pro,micro cub with AS3X,and 34" extra 330 pro with vpp(kids loved the vpp)
Let's just be clear here, Santiago...you can't toss around "kids" like you did up there until you're at least half way to 45 yourself. LOL.

With skillz like you show, I'm sure it was a pretty good show, even with the wind...
Jun 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
last friday I was invited to an elementary school to do a few demos for the kids,I had a ton of fun flying(wind was pretty bad for indoor planes lol) and talking to the kids.It was great to be able to teach the kids a little about rc and hopefully ill see some of them at the field.

i brought my 34" raven pro,micro cub with AS3X,and 34" extra 330 pro with vpp(kids loved the vpp)
Whers your spotter? Huh? LMAO,.

Good for you bud!

Mike R
Jun 16, 2012, 04:56 PM
Gravity hates me.
3dRCrazy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
Heres something new I think you guys might like....micro vpp!!!Mike has been working on this for a while and its almost done.Right now it has a t-motor 1306 but I want to see if it will work with the smaller 1304.I was hoping to maiden it this weekend but wind was horrible so im going to have to wait a little more

As for the plane it is a 22 inch juka,2 gram servos servos all around.
Is there issues with the weight with the micro VPP? Is that what you meant when u were talking about the bugs? Or is it just not powerful enough?
Jun 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRCrazy
Is there issues with the weight with the micro VPP? Is that what you meant when u were talking about the bugs? Or is it just not powerful enough?
there is a VERY fine line between over powered and under powered with this micro vpp,to much power and it vibrates and explodes when changing pitch.i think i almost have it,i just have to find some good batteries that can handle the amp draw and are light enough
Jun 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
Registered User
eranrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095
last friday I was invited to an elementary school to do a few demos for the kids,I had a ton of fun flying(wind was pretty bad for indoor planes lol) and talking to the kids.It was great to be able to teach the kids a little about rc and hopefully ill see some of them at the field.

i brought my 34" raven pro,micro cub with AS3X,and 34" extra 330 pro with vpp(kids loved the vpp)
Nice work Santi!!
Jun 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra
Let's just be clear here, Santiago...you can't toss around "kids" like you did up there until you're at least half way to 45 yourself. LOL.

With skillz like you show, I'm sure it was a pretty good show, even with the wind...
hahahahahaha thanks
Jun 17, 2012, 12:54 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc
Nice work Santi!!
thanks eran!!!
Jun 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar

Extra 300 bites the dust


I had a little encounter with the ground on Saturday. We walked up to the crash and this is what we saw. A nice little pile to pickup and take home .
Repaired it that night and it flew great the next day. That's about the 10th crash so she's getting pretty heavy with all the glue!

Blu
Jun 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
DW yak around the tree (4 min 26 sec)
Jun 18, 2012, 02:41 PM
Registered User
eranrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
Very cool video! Cool back ground as well ;-)
Jun 18, 2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User
eranrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
I had a little encounter with the ground on Saturday. We walked up to the crash and this is what we saw. A nice little pile to pickup and take home .
Repaired it that night and it flew great the next day. That's about the 10th crash so she's getting pretty heavy with all the glue!

Blu
Sorry to see that Blu :-( but she is in good hands as always ;-)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo DW Foamies - Colored Packing Tape Trim Scheme rpmrpm Painting and Finishing Tips 47 Feb 24, 2013 04:35 PM
Discussion DW foamies BAF 48" yak 54 build thread appleflyer 3D Flying 50 Jul 24, 2012 03:31 PM
Discussion DW Foamies Yak Junior Build Thread NumbSkull 3D Foamies 90 Feb 01, 2012 03:25 PM
Poll DW Foamies owners thread (poll) Xpress.. 3D Flying 132 Mar 26, 2010 11:10 AM
Discussion DW (Depron West) Foamies 38" Gen-X tdriedger 3D Foamies 14 Jan 12, 2010 04:13 PM