Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 62 10.49%
DW SKUA 29 4.91%
DW 38" kit 177 29.95%
DW 48" kit 156 26.40%
DW 55" kit 71 12.01%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.52%
Never owned one 208 35.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:55 PM
danielph is offline
Find More Posts by danielph
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
Just got my new 40" Extra 300 finished and should maiden it in the morning. I had Gary Pierson paint it and his work is just amazing! The red and black one is my brother Michael's and we'll have that flying soon as well.

Name: DSC02114.JPG
Views: 64
Size: 284.0 KB
Description: Name: DSC02115.JPG
Views: 67
Size: 296.2 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02117.JPG
Views: 64
Size: 222.9 KB
Description: Name: DSC02118.JPG
Views: 65
Size: 173.5 KB
Description:
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:07 PM
Xpress.. is offline
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Xpress..'s Avatar
Lookin sharp dude

I got a pair of HK Turnigy packs in the mail today. Ordered them a few weeks back to begin replacing my assortment of old and dwindling batteries- main reason I haven't flown as of late, all of my batteries are giving me 3-4 minutes of flight times of hard 3d and 5-6 of general sportbatics. Hoping these will put me back up to 10-12 minutes of fun.

For $18 to my door, I can't complain. They're 2.8oz a piece, better than the 3.2oz 1000mah 20C 3S Zippy packs I was using, and significantly lighter than the 4.2oz Turnigy 1300mah 20C 3S pack I was also using.

Going to solder up some recycled Deans and give them a test flight as soon as the weather is clear.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:33 PM
killsdeer4fun is offline
Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
With great pwer comes great 3D
killsdeer4fun's Avatar
Those two planes look really good.

For batteries skip going the hobbyking route and check out hobbypartz. They actually ship from the US and I have never had to wait more than 4 days with $5 shipping to get my orders in SC. To the other coast it might take 5 or 6, but thats much better than the 6 weeks I've had to wait for lipos from hobbyking.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:26 AM
Chris Arena is offline
Find More Posts by Chris Arena
oldguy
The Turniqy Nano Paks are great! However, the bad part is that they come form Sweden, or somewhere like that. The order goes to China, routes to Europe then to the USA. Always takes additional time! But, they are really good paks.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:08 AM
BryanEW710 is online now
Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Registered User
BryanEW710's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Just got my new 40" Extra 300 finished and should maiden it in the morning. I had Gary Pierson paint it and his work is just amazing! The red and black one is my brother Michael's and we'll have that flying soon as well.
The planes look great! Are you going to hover or grass land?

Just a tip from someone who's been there unfortunately...you might want to reinforce the elevator with a bit of carbon. Mine ripped in half during hard maneuvers and went straight in from 50ft up
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:22 AM
blueapplepaste is offline
Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
Registered User
blueapplepaste's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsdeer4fun View Post
Those two planes look really good.

For batteries skip going the hobbyking route and check out hobbypartz. They actually ship from the US and I have never had to wait more than 4 days with $5 shipping to get my orders in SC. To the other coast it might take 5 or 6, but thats much better than the 6 weeks I've had to wait for lipos from hobbyking.
AMEN!!! Haven't ordered from HK since finding HobbyPartz a few years ago. Love love love the Sky and Blue lipo brands.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:46 AM
mikeruth is offline
Find More Posts by mikeruth
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
Mentioned before and again, Hobby Partz has a good selection and good quality batteries that ship from City of Industry California.

As mentioned the Blue lipo, Sky lipo and the Gens Ace are all good packs.

Frankly, I can not justify another brand right now in comparioson to thier prices.

In fact I found last night that they are even less expensive than the comparable pack from HobbyKing.

I buy in large lots so shipping is free, works for me.

MIke R
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:05 PM
BryanEW710 is online now
Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Registered User
BryanEW710's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Mentioned before and again, Hobby Partz has a good selection and good quality batteries that ship from City of Industry California.

As mentioned the Blue lipo, Sky lipo and the Gens Ace are all good packs.

Frankly, I can not justify another brand right now in comparioson to thier prices.

In fact I found last night that they are even less expensive than the comparable pack from HobbyKing.

I buy in large lots so shipping is free, works for me.

MIke R
Wish they'd actually use XT-60's instead of that 4mm connector of theirs...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Tubbster85 is offline
Find More Posts by Tubbster85
Registered User
Gens Ace all the way! Great battery! I am going to try the Blue Lipo and Sky lipo as soon as the holidays are over, I have heard nothing but good things about them!

As for ordering batteries from HK. I have heard you can choose where you order your parts from, and they do sell batteries from their USA facility, which is supposed to be here in WA.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:46 PM
pro bro steve is offline
Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Registered User
pro bro steve's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Just got my new 40" Extra 300 finished and should maiden it in the morning. I had Gary Pierson paint it and his work is just amazing! The red and black one is my brother Michael's and we'll have that flying soon as well.

Attachment 4481614 Attachment 4481615

Attachment 4481616 Attachment 4481617


Nice planes guys what motor and speed control servos do you have installed? Steve
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:52 PM
BryanEW710 is online now
Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Registered User
BryanEW710's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbster85 View Post
As for ordering batteries from HK. I have heard you can choose where you order your parts from, and they do sell batteries from their USA facility, which is supposed to be here in WA.
They don't have all of their batteries available from the US warehouse.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:06 PM
killsdeer4fun is offline
Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
With great pwer comes great 3D
killsdeer4fun's Avatar
Hobbypartz has even come out with a Gens Eco brand. Basically the same as the Gens Ace but cheaper and still better than the blue lipos which are middle ground on quality.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:06 PM
mark_q is online now
Find More Posts by mark_q
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
mark_q's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbster85 View Post
Gens Ace all the way! Great battery! I am going to try the Blue Lipo and Sky lipo as soon as the holidays are over, I have heard nothing but good things about them!

As for ordering batteries from HK. I have heard you can choose where you order your parts from, and they do sell batteries from their USA facility, which is supposed to be here in WA.
It's actually in Lakewood!


HK TIP!
  • On the HK home page, look down the right side for the "Lipo Finder"
  • Put in the mah and cell number you are looking for and click SEARCH
  • On the next screen you will see the list; at the top you can put in a search range for mah and select the warehouse location (see pict)
Cool, a few mouse clicks and bam! you know what is 1 to 3 days away!

I like HobbyPartz batts too although their website could be a lot faster and more complete.

Enjoy...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:47 PM
Chris Arena is offline
Find More Posts by Chris Arena
oldguy
LAKEWOOD, WA!. Geez! That's good news. Bye, Bye HK!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:51 PM
stgdz is offline
Find More Posts by stgdz
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
How sensitive are these planes to wind?

I was out at lunch today in some light 3mph winds and u just couldn't keep a straight line worth anything.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo DW Foamies - Colored Packing Tape Trim Scheme rpmrpm Painting and Finishing Tips 47 Feb 24, 2013 05:35 PM
Discussion DW foamies BAF 48" yak 54 build thread appleflyer 3D Flying 50 Jul 24, 2012 04:31 PM
Discussion DW Foamies Yak Junior Build Thread NumbSkull 3D Foamies 90 Feb 01, 2012 04:25 PM
Poll DW Foamies owners thread (poll) Xpress.. 3D Flying 132 Mar 26, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion DW (Depron West) Foamies 38" Gen-X tdriedger 3D Foamies 14 Jan 12, 2010 05:13 PM