View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 62 10.49%
DW SKUA 29 4.91%
DW 38" kit 177 29.95%
DW 48" kit 156 26.40%
DW 55" kit 71 12.01%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.52%
Never owned one 208 35.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
hi Tubbster, good to hear you got an DW Foamie coming, i love my extra!! i flew it some earlier here at work before i clocked in and i found it does some real nice rolling harriers, ive always had a problem holding heading in rolling harriers, but with the extra it's so easy, rolls real nice, hld heightand hading great!!!
i use the same reciever on both my 40" planes it's the Spectrum AR6100, u can also get it in the AR6100E version. i'm using an JR 9303 radio and i can go real far out and real high with no problems!!!, no for the new dsmx systems they have a newer version of this receiver, but they are all pretty much the same. i've been using them for years ad i've never had a problem, even used a AR6100 on a 500 size electric heli and had no problems!!!!
Mikey
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster

New DW owner

Count me in too guy's. I just pulled the trigger on a 40" Extra 300L. Had a nice conversation with Mike as well. I look forward to being in the club.

Blu
Oct 21, 2011, 06:16 PM
WOW!! looks like everyone is getting in on the DW Revolution!!!!
Great to hear Bluhammer!!!

Mikey
Oct 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
everyone should have a DW!

Yes, i'm drinking the cool aid big time. It's that good. I'm just trying to decide when i should pull the trigger on a 48 DW.
Oct 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
everyone should have a DW!

Yes, i'm drinking the cool aid big time. It's that good. I'm just trying to decide when i should pull the trigger on a 48 DW.

Amen to that!!! While I'm huckin around at the club I tell my buds... ya gots to get one!!!

I've flown all kinds of stuff but when I got my 48" Juka, it was almost like when I really got into heli's... "heli-crack", for those who know...

Every flt's a blast & can wait for the next one!!! And Mike's about the best guys in rc retail I've ever seen...just a super, dude

Hey Jayhawk dont wait another day!!!! Grab a 48" Juka asap & thank me later!!
Oct 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
why not go even bigger and it a 55"?? i love my 40" planes so much that a 48 or 55" can only be better!!! just can't make up my mind which on i want, either size i will have to get a motor combo, and batterys. for the 55" i have several hitec 82 and 85 servos from when i use to fly 500 size helis. but if i get the 48" i will have to also get servos.
either way it will be a hard decision on which one to get!!

Mikey
Oct 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeyreturns View Post
why not go even bigger and it a 55"?? i love my 40" planes so much that a 48 or 55" can only be better!!! just can't make up my mind which on i want, either size i will have to get a motor combo, and batterys. for the 55" i have several hitec 82 and 85 servos from when i use to fly 500 size helis. but if i get the 48" i will have to also get servos.

Mikey

I asked Mike the same thing (re 55"?) when I was trying to decide...he said they fly stable and have a great presence, but due to weight/mass, wingspan, etc, they're not 3D maniacs like the 48-inchers are (esp the Juka, which is just totally nutz).

BUT...if big is your bag, the hell yeah a 55 is really a showstopper. Mike said guys going for the big foam love to paint em up and put the led's on... wow would that be awesome or what???!!!
Oct 21, 2011, 06:59 PM
OH Yea!!! plus if u look backat some of my older post you will see i love to airbrush my planes!! and a 48 or 55" would just be more canvus to do an awesome paint scheme on!! and to light it up would awesome too!!! i hope to have a few more DW planes going by Joe Nall next year so i can have tons of fun on the electric flight line!! i want to do one with lights so i can have fun at night too!!!

Mikey
Oct 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
oldguy
With all you guys going bigger. I am thinking about something smaller. but can still go outside at times and still small enough to fly indoors. Thinking about an EPP like a 31" Twisted Hobbies Vector type model. Or staying with a smaller DW. I just need something a bit bulletproof on this model to learn on. Better to break it up from an attack of dumb thumbs than my DW! In this way, I can get some stick time over the winter months. I have a Pheonix Sim, to me it is some help, but can get really boring!

Any recomendations?
Oct 21, 2011, 08:29 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Painting is my biggest concern with my new extra. I use to be an art major 40 years ago and wish I knew how to use an airbrush. I want a nice look but I'm sure a brush won't cut it, maybe a rattle can job?

Blu
Oct 21, 2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeyreturns View Post

Mikey
i asked Mike the same question. He said the 48" is his favorite size and retains all the floatyness of the 55 but is more agile and 3D oriented. I also already have servos for the 48 size where as i would have to buy new ones for the 55. That and the 2200 3S batteries for the 48" are far more affordable and usable across a wide range of applications in this hobby. Still though, a 55 would make a nice night flier setup with LEDs

Poiyt: it's only a matter of time before i get a 48". Just not sure if i want another juka or maybe try the extra 300.

Blue - I only use a rattle can spray paint. My painting sucks though, so I do trim only on the leading edges and sides of the fuse. I like to keep it simple. I wish i could airbrush like some of the guys here.
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Oct 21, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Oct 21, 2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
With all you guys going bigger. I am thinking about something smaller. but can still go outside at times and still small enough to fly indoors. Thinking about an EPP like a 31" Twisted Hobbies Vector type model. Or staying with a smaller DW. I just need something a bit bulletproof on this model to learn on. Better to break it up from an attack of dumb thumbs than my DW! In this way, I can get some stick time over the winter months. I have a Pheonix Sim, to me it is some help, but can get really boring!

Any recomendations?
Highly recommend a DW Fusion 40". You won't regret it. Durable but still flies like a crisp 33% model. I can't tell you how abused mine was and it was still flying like a champ when i sold it.
Oct 21, 2011, 08:55 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
You would think that with 7 planes and 3 heli's another plane would be no big deal! But I'm nervous already and I just ordered the darn thing .

Blu
Oct 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
oldguy
OOP's I already own a 40" DW Extra all 9mm. Just want to build a 2nd smaller ship. Not sure if it sould be a 28" DW Extra or a Twisted Hobbies 31" EPP Vector as a 3D trainer for indoors and back yard.

Any recommendations.
Oct 21, 2011, 09:39 PM
for indoor or backyard flying i think u might like the 34" kits. they use the same gear as a 5 or 6 ounce indoor model. i havn't got myslef one yet but looking to, i've heard they fly great!!!

Mikey