Jan 05, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Tower SUper Saver Club

Bit the bullet, and signed up. They told me I should start receiving codes in a week or two.... after I paid for it of course!

Question: could someone pm or email me a copy of their latest super saver email? I was told that I can use those codes since I am now in the club, but she could not forward me the last email

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2010, 08:00 PM
I feel the need for speed
All of that can be accessed online after you sign into your account.
Jan 05, 2010, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW
All of that can be accessed online after you sign into your account.

Where on the site do I access that?
Jan 06, 2010, 05:18 AM
I feel the need for speed
Here: http://www.towerhobbies.com/ssc.html
Jan 07, 2010, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW
Someone forwarded me the latest email, it is better than what is listed where you pointed me, but thank you for the heads up, I didn;t know about that page, and I appreciate your help!
Jan 07, 2010, 11:41 AM
I signed up for it last year when a one-year membership was on sale for $9.99 -- I am going to ask for my money back (actually, store credit, as their guarantee states)...I have never saved any moola.

The only thing I did like was the free magazine subscription for a few months, but that was it -- I already get emails daily from them with the ridiculous "spend $300, get $10 off" coupons. None of the offers that were sent to me were any different than what I already get! I originally thought members got free shipping on all orders (I figured you have got to be paying $30 for something, right? ) -- then, after you sign up, they inform you it is only applicable on $150 orders! Oh well, it didn't work for me -- I hope others get good use out of the program.

Garret
Jan 08, 2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H
I signed up for it last year when a one-year membership was on sale for $9.99 -- I am going to ask for my money back (actually, store credit, as their guarantee states)...I have never saved any moola.

The only thing I did like was the free magazine subscription for a few months, but that was it -- I already get emails daily from them with the ridiculous "spend $300, get $10 off" coupons. None of the offers that were sent to me were any different than what I already get! I originally thought members got free shipping on all orders (I figured you have got to be paying $30 for something, right? ) -- then, after you sign up, they inform you it is only applicable on $150 orders! Oh well, it didn't work for me -- I hope others get good use out of the program.

Garret
i had it for the last 8 months or so. I saved plenty on shipping. What about the 60 off 300 ? is that something that you get only if you are a member ?. I think i only placed one order so far that didnt use the 60 off 300. Without it Tower prices arent that great.
Jan 08, 2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, it works for some people, just not me I guess...

When I order from Tower, I usually do not spend huge amounts -- generally not more than $100. So, very few of the discount codes apply and I never qualify for free shipping!

I guess it just depends -- I know the club works great for a lot of people, but for those who make small orders, it doesn't save you much! Out of all of the years I have ever been receiving Tower's emails and catalogs, I think I have used one of their coupons! -- it was a $10 off $50. Then, I found out their shipping charge went up to $10.00 (even on rather small orders) -- basically, it just covered their outrageous shipping cost! They also claim that "members receive special discount offers" -- the "discount offers" don't seem to be any different that the emails I already get from them when not a member...and, they seem to be the same week after week!

Oh well, do whatever works -- I just wanted to place to complain a little.

Garret
Jan 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
Usually it's a bad idea to pay to get discounts. With Tower, if you know what you want and are planning to spend a few thousand that year, it's worth it. The thing I hate about Tower is say you pay extra for priority mail, then they wait 2 days to ship the order.
Jan 10, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, now that you know ...
I only opted for it since it was $10 for the Club then free shipping, as opposed to $10 shipping. I do have a big purchase lined up that I'm looking forward to using the coupon for.
Feb 06, 2015, 03:12 PM
What are the codes now
Feb 06, 2015, 07:35 PM
Coupon # Promotional Offer Good Thru
51020 SAVE $10 on a $49.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51021 SAVE $15 on a $79.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51022 SAVE $25 on a $149.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51023 SAVE $35 on a $225.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51024 SAVE $45 on a $289.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51025 SAVE $60 on a $379.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51026 SAVE $75 on a $475.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51027 SAVE $100 on a $629.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51028 SAVE $115 on a $719.00 order 28-Feb-2015
51029 SAVE $130 on a $799.00 order 28-Feb-2015

I purchase the majority of my stuff through Tower. The club saves me tons of money. Most of the small items ship for a couple of bucks so you don't have to spend $100 to get free or reasonable shipping. They offer free shipping on orders of $50 or more from time to time and sometimes they offer free on everything. Stand up company and if your in the hobby heavy it pays to be a member.

Jay
Feb 06, 2015, 09:58 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
I buy lots from Tower, too. The $10 per year club membership easily pays for itself with free shipping, higher discounts, and club specials.

All of my recent Tower orders have shipped the day after they were placed. A few months ago it would sometimes take two days. I've noticed a trend in on-line hobby suppliers pushing for faster shipping.
Feb 07, 2015, 06:02 AM
Soaring Fanatic!
I had it at $10 too. Didn't save much since they stopped carrying the brands I used to buy.
Worth it for some who frequent the "members only" scratch and dent section, but you have to read the descriptions really really carefully as sometimes the flaws in the items are major ones and your time plus the parts to fix up items exceeds the cost of a new product.

Just remember to ask for your $$$ back if you don't use it.
Feb 07, 2015, 08:20 AM
I get more than my money's worth. Last purchase was a Tamiya Super Clodbuster kit. Saved $45 off the sale price (paid $249) and then got free shipping which was worth $20 in itself on that huge box.

I really like Tower, wish they carried Horizon products (I know why). Hope to order a Kyosho Optima if it is released this year from them. I also like the 3 month payment plan. It makes big purchases much easier to swallow.

Quick Reply