Jan 05, 2010, 02:08 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Thread OP
Discussion

just thought this was worth posting

Sounds like the council is just making an unjustified grab for funds for mowing a strip of grass in the middle of a cow paddock
http://macarthur-chronicle-wollondil...ck-in-the-air/
SteveW
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2010, 02:27 AM
Is my CG correct?
Bloody fun police and whinging neighbors again it seems. I didn't think they could really police things happening on private property. Boy do those whinging neighbors and the council make good teams, feeding each others niggling and nagging!!

Freebird steve was saying that electrics and all were out, can't see those making too much noise
Jan 05, 2010, 03:25 AM
by ZIPPER
Quote:
“The council received a complaint from a member of the public (and) as a result council issued a notice requiring the unauthorised activity to cease,” he said.
Try and get that bloody kid down the road to stop riding his trail bike on private property with a complaint to the council, and I bet they come up with all the civil rights crap and "you will need to fill out these 100 forms in triplicate and then give us $1500 so we can send someone out there on a school day when there not riding".
I really hate councils they are only there to justify there existence.
Jan 05, 2010, 03:54 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Jolly ridiculous that!
Jan 05, 2010, 05:57 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu956
Freebird steve was saying that electrics and all were out, can't see those making too much noise
He said the club wouldn't allow just electrics as it wasn't fair to the guys that only had petrol planes.
Jan 05, 2010, 06:36 AM
Is my CG correct?
If I can't play, no one can!! Is the president a petrol flyer? Seems a bit stupid. Have they banned gliders too for the same reason
Jan 05, 2010, 06:57 AM
Bush Flying Down Under
How dare the Council do what they legally had to!

The land was obviously not zoned for Model Aircraft, and the acoustic test will help the Council quell future noise complaints.

Unfortunately this is what Australia has become due to all the litigation instead of people taking responsibility for their actions.
Jan 05, 2010, 08:18 AM
Is my CG correct?
Are you saying that land has to be classed for that sort of activity, or is it a sarcastic comment?

It is farm land, so tractors, motorbikes etc
Jan 05, 2010, 09:15 AM
Bush Flying Down Under
Sorry, only the first line was sarcasm .

You think it would be OK to open a Dirt Bike Park on the farmland seeing as it's obviously OK for the owner to ride his Dirt Bike around his property?

I know of another Club going through this exact process of DA's and the required documentation, and I'm sure their Executive would be going crazy also .
Jan 05, 2010, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
The unauthorised activity to cease was the councils words I believe which would mean all aircraft nitro ,electric and glider just another council that needs to be looked at hard similar to a few other councils whom have recently been stood down.
SteveW
Jan 06, 2010, 02:49 AM
Is my CG correct?
Quote:
just another council that needs to be looked at hard similar to a few other councils whom have recently been stood down.
Who do you have to sleep with to get something approved around here now?
Last edited by discostu956; Jan 06, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
Jan 06, 2010, 06:46 AM
born again slope junkie
private land , tell them to pi## off, owners decission should stand
Jan 06, 2010, 07:27 AM
Angry Bird ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingb
private land , tell them to pi## off, owners decission should stand
Yeh you'd think so, but it's never that simple when you look at it closely. See Toyman's second post (#9) above - he makes a very good point with the "Dirt Bike" analogy.
Jan 06, 2010, 10:39 AM
Its all fun
I have read the correspondence between my local club and the council. The land is out in the country, yet council received protests from
1. Owners of a steel supplier, who presumably felt that the steel stockpiles in their storage sheds would be upset, and
2. Property owners of a house 1+km away, who thought that their amenity could be lessened by the sound of model aircraft if they ever were to actually live there rather than rent it out as at present.

So the club had to fly 4 aircraft simultaneously while dB readings were taken, and the club now must keep within a certain dB limit, and not fly on Sundays (evidently some of the steel are churchgoers )

This actually a better outcome than their last site, where council ejected them with no warning due to lack of permission, even though they had been using the site for years

Actually, this brings up a concept worth thinking about..

People generally are only interested in their own prefered activities, and don't really care about the fate of activities enjoyed by others. But if people don't watch out, this myopic viewpoint could result in their own activity being curtailed.

My point? In such dealings with councils, there is little prospect of others siding with the model clubs. But surely a good practice would be to lobby amongst other special interest groups for their support of "activities carried out by minority groups"
Last edited by Tonystott; Jan 06, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Jan 06, 2010, 08:07 PM
Thread OP
Show your support and post your thoughts scroll to the comments and stick it to them
I dont even fly power but this is just a total shocker . Ive already posted along with a number of other people such as Garry Kellett, Dave Masterton to name a couple . So give em hell through the media thats what they need.
SteveW

Quick Reply