Sep 08, 2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247
hello Hector my friend how are you

the bike is looking very nice i will send you a pm be good to catch up with you
Hi Deen! Nice to know about you..thank you so much,IŽll be waiting for your PM..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2012, 04:46 PM
Vzzznnnn...
More fun today

More photos here

PS Most photos are with a one-hand-rider. The second one is left behind...
Sep 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
first ride of the SB-5 this afternoon after the Worlds.
The bike has been fully converted to Superbike spec:
New battery holder (without any ballast! Total bike weight 1725, including front brake!)
Front brake, as I said, using a 2mm Lightscale disc, but not Edi's disc holder (it was grinding somewhere, so I removed it, until I will check further where was that happening).
Nosram 90900 ESC, Gens Ace 5.5T motor, mild settings on the ESC.
Roadies Soft tires.
All other settings were as used at the recent Worlds, in Stock class...
The bike is a dream to drive!
Absolutely stunned me and 5-6 guys with 1/8 and 1/10 nitro onroad cars... I could challenge the slower of the 1/10's easily all over the track!
the speed is addictive (yes, I crashed 4-5 times during my two batteries -15 minutes each!- ran!)
The Roadies (my frst time with these) made me to install harder springs in the steering shocks... I guess being slightly heavier, the front tire, it made transition in the slow esses quite lazy and slow, something that was not apparent with my latest PMT200 cut-slicks made by Shark Laps. Anyway, I went up one click on spring hardness (to orange ones) and also gave the steering ATL a bit more give (it was 45% each side, I went up to 65%) and the bike was a marvel to drive!
I was certainly faster (at least I felt so!) than I was in the same track layout with the stock bike, but it was also harder to drive, meaning the extra speed (and it seemed a lot more!) needed more concentration on my part...
I think I did well... not to the point of worrying Messrs Lopez, Winter and Zonzini, but enough to give me a wide smile!
Not to worry, though folks: I'm staying in Stock class! I feel more comfortable with it!
I only wish I could afford a second SB-5, so I could drive them alternatively...
To sum it up... I was astounded with the ease of driving this oh-so-fast bike!!!!!
One last note: I ran 87/22 gearing and at 21-23C temps, the motor didnt overheat, neither the ESC (which doesnt have a fan!) ... Do you suggest the gearing is longish for a 5.5T motor with timing at zero and mild settings on the ESC?!

Oh... I also took my "old" KP10 with me, fitted with a pistol 2.4 radio and a 17.5T motor (non turbo ESC), which I gave to a friend to drive. The bike is quite easy to drive, too, even if a bit nervous on transitions from side to side in the slow esses... It found good grip, even though its tires date back to the RC Bike Worlds of 2010: A front PMT100 slick and a rear PMT200 cut-slick, both on TT black aluminum wheels and both shod with "curly-hair" inserts!!!!
Last edited by steliosh; Sep 12, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: one more note...
Sep 12, 2012, 01:55 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Nice pics Vegos. I think you might need to upgrade to a stronger rider, like the hpi rider.
Oct 02, 2012, 03:45 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
On Sunday we had the Attiko TC champ running, so yes, I ran my Xray in there... And the bike too! Again in stock form (like it was at the Worlds, except for the tires: PMT200 slicks, Clark's). The bike left me with mixed feeling, for the two batteries I managed to run and it was being discussed at the pits, that the track "suffered", since we also had 1/5's running between the TC heats, while before the TC's there was a 45-minute A-final for 1/10 nitro cars, which had been rained last Sunday...
I guess I will have to find a setup for the track that has "1/5 TC's and 1/10 nitros"!!!!
Of course I had my new bike with me, with no lexan yet, but (almost) fully equipped in SBK trim, like 5.5T motor, front brake (with non-working servo, hence the "almost". It's on order) and Roadies tires!!!
People WERE duly impressed and were asking questions, as usual!

On a funny note, on Sunday night, the bank I work with, Emporiki Bank (see the logos on car and bike) was sold to another Greek bank! So... maybe I will keep these bodyshells as collectors' items!!!
Oct 02, 2012, 10:37 AM
Nice Steliosh
But we want to see more your 2nd bike (which options ?, which front brake ?...); next year do you race in both elec categories stb and sbk ?

In France I just won the last national race in stockbike, it's the first time I had the pole position and win a race; my 2012 final rank climb to the 2nd position: I'm very very happy
RC bike races are so fun
Oct 02, 2012, 11:04 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
I do not plan to race two categories, it's too much brainwork for me!
The new bike is built as kit, but with:
a Towerpro servo (full size), until I can get me a Savox Low profile.
a front disc made of 2mm glass fiber (Lightscale)
TT Brake, but servo is dead, so I have a DC1016MG on order
Roadies (soft) tires and wheels
+8mm longer swingarm plates (by Michael Kleinhaus, from Lostallo 2011)
That's it for now!
Oct 02, 2012, 11:15 AM
Congrats Lalaian on your win!

Steliosh: Cool to see the 2nd bike! And thanks for sharing what you have built it with.
Oct 02, 2012, 12:10 PM

two packs a day - is that bad?!

vmx addiction support services sign me up
VMX RC Bike E-Gyro (1 min 48 sec)

almost more fun to go very slow over heavy terrain as it is to fly wot. 40 packs hard bashing since it arrived - rock solid.
Oct 02, 2012, 01:12 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain

In France I just won the last national race in stockbike, it's the first time I had the pole position and win a race; my 2012 final rank climb to the 2nd position: I'm very very happy
RC bike races are so fun
Congrats! Now you ARE faster than me!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 02, 2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
congrats! Now you are faster than me!!!!!!!!!!

and that's say'n something!!! :d:d:d
Oct 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
Congrats! Now you ARE faster than me!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks but I'm not sure. Anyway you're the best Greek driver
Oct 02, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill
vmx addiction support services sign me up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pitp1sSnD-8
almost more fun to go very slow over heavy terrain as it is to fly wot. 40 packs hard bashing since it arrived - rock solid.
Looks like your having a ball elvill, and also your son is getting some exercise. Ha.
Oct 03, 2012, 12:19 AM

again today

Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Looks like your having a ball elvill, and also your son is getting some exercise. Ha.
20+ minutes crazy fun per pack not even the beginning... i cant explain it so damn fun/technical/stable/long/durable/bashable/fast... just the best ive played with. And im not really a bike fanboy - go figure.

as an aside, now playing with other bikes, conversions and such... realize the egyro is kinda spoiling me with these other projects, none have driven as well yet... maybe i can figure something with the silverlit but just makes me want to drive the vmx more...
Oct 03, 2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill
20+ minutes crazy fun per pack not even the beginning... i cant explain it so damn fun/technical/stable/long/durable/bashable/fast... just the best ive played with. And im not really a bike fanboy - go figure.

as an aside, now playing with other bikes, conversions and such... realize the egyro is kinda spoiling me with these other projects, none have driven as well yet... maybe i can figure something with the silverlit but just makes me want to drive the vmx more...
They are the best all right. I've just been out having fun pulling wheelies on the street. I have a wheelie bar and can go the whole way down the street for maybe two hundred meters or so . Brings a smile every run. might try and get some vid.

Quick Reply