Apr 09, 2011, 03:20 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Managed to edit a little footage onboard my KP10...
The motor is 17.5T, the rear tire PMT100, the weather cold, the track slippery... oh well!

KP10 at FRT Track, stamata, Greece, onboard filming (3 min 2 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2011, 10:07 PM
Ran my 1/5 and 1/8 scale bikes, at our local lot today. I managed to ding up my KP scratch bar mounts pretty well, though. I decided to give running without bars a go, so whenever I fell over they would get scraped up. So much so, that I couldn't get the bars back in. It's not too bad though, a little bit of filing and they'll be back to normal. I actually ran without bars a lot better than I thought I could. Even managed to run several laps of our "regular" track layout. Got me to thinking that instead of figuring out better scratch bars and bar placement, maybe we should try figuring out how not to use them.

I can also report that the fabric paint that I used to repaint my Venom rider worked very well. I tumbled many times and paint stayed on very well. It didn't scrape of flake off. I definitely think that's the stuff to use if you plan on repainting.
Apr 17, 2011, 10:58 PM
Got to run the KP09e on Friday at the local Track.

I ran a new fairing set I had done up in Scwantz Pepsi colours.
I also got to test a new slipper clutch constructed by Scaulfi which seemed to run real well also.

I'm pretty sure it helped refine the consistency of my lap times which was good.

I have attached a couple of images of the bike, I don't have a schwantz rider so at the moment Anthony West is doing a guest ride

Also got to run the GPV 1 which ran really well, myself and another guy where having a hoot around the short course that we call the Pork Chop.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:20 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-redrider
I can also report that the fabric paint that I used to repaint my Venom rider worked very well. I tumbled many times and paint stayed on very well. It didn't scrape of flake off. I definitely think that's the stuff to use if you plan on repainting.
Cool. Did you apply a base coat of a particular color first? Airbrush or paintbrush?? How many coats applied?
Apr 18, 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Cool. Did you apply a base coat of a particular color first? Airbrush or paintbrush?? How many coats applied?
No, I didn't use a base coat. Probably would have been a good idea, since my overall color was white. You can still see some of the underlying color (green) if you look really hard. A base coat of a light gray may of helped hide that. I brush painted everything. Not sure on the exact number of coats. I just kept applying until I was happy. If I had to put a number on it though, I would say about 4 coats. The paint I used is called Soft fabric paint, by Tulip. You should be able to find it, or something similar at a craft store. I found it a Michael's.
Apr 21, 2011, 08:07 PM
I did! today,yesterday and a day before!

Apr 22, 2011, 12:42 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
I wish my (to be honest... neglected a bit!) GPV1 would run so smoothly!!!!
Apr 22, 2011, 02:01 AM
ran my Mclarney today after remaking the carbon side chassis pieces because I snapped the bike in half last weekend. all good now and handling as good as ever.
Apr 24, 2011, 09:58 AM
just got back having run all my bikes today both kyoshos and both gp1 was great fun until the kysho hor chewed up its gears after about five mins use i thought that might happen just went brushless with it ha never mind there is always tomorrow
Apr 24, 2011, 02:07 PM
Nice day to drive SB5 .. BUT I realy hate the ACE 1016MG brake servo ! ... 2 servo broke !

Apr 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Are these Graham's tyre warmers?
And are you using 12+ Volts to power them?
Apr 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
this is tirewarmers from Gregor (RC-Motorradshop.de)

Yes 12v
Last edited by Appel82; Apr 24, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
Apr 24, 2011, 07:20 PM
Ran my ttn for a short bit. Got alot of work to do. Other than that the suspension did it's job.
May 01, 2011, 04:54 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
I drove my bike today to sort out my slipper clutch and to do some more testing,,, I love my SB5!
May 05, 2011, 03:37 PM
I did today.....and also had a Crash with the Camara...

Quick Reply