Wawona build - Page 10 - RC Groups
Apr 21, 2010, 02:14 AM
Masts already stepped??? I wish I could build as quickly as you!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2010, 07:09 PM
Dragon Slayer
Norgale:
I used the mast set as in the 3RD pic for the mount, I just didn't carve out the wood to look like those. I'll be useing the cross brassing in pic #2.

MillTime:

The masts will not be removable, they are short enough to fit in my van for transport.

Aerominded:

Practice makes it easy to move right along on a project, getting the time to do it is another matter.
May 15, 2010, 12:41 AM
Dragon Slayer
though I would do an update, I get to working on her and forget to take pic's to shear, (sorry about that), I reused an old craddle from another boat for a temp. stand, will do better on the next one, at least make it to fit the hull, I got the servos mounted, will dig into thouse later for the setup, removed some of the cross bars so I can set up the sterring servo,witch I still need to buy, need to set the last top rail at the stearn I need to make forty turn post to stand the top rail on.
Will try to update more offten.

Roger
May 15, 2010, 02:28 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Sometimes you can luck out and use doll house posts.
porch posts and spindles
http://www.dollhousestore.com/index-staircases.htm

http://www.minishop.com/motts/shopdi...+%26+Balusters
Last edited by Brooks; May 15, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
May 15, 2010, 02:59 PM
Very impressive, Roger!!!
May 15, 2010, 10:59 PM
Dragon Slayer
Aerominded:
Thank you

Brooks:
Last night after posting to my thread I started looking through some of the dark holes around my shop and found 5 packages of turned posts I bought in the 70's, and 4 of them are just what I needed. And thank you for the links I know I wil need them latter for other things I may not have stuffed in a box some where.
May 16, 2010, 07:20 AM
wow she looks great keep on goin
May 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
Dragon Slayer
Got home after work today and started digging deeper in the corners of my shope and found some chain plates,(2 packages) need more, and found a brass ships bell to boot. Well I gess it's time to put up some peg board and get this stuff out where I can find it, to many tuppawear contaners, boxs, storeage bin's ETC. to dig through
May 16, 2010, 10:33 PM
Dragon Slayer
Got the top rail built and installed, still need to fear it out a bit more, things go alot faster when you don't have to make all them littel parts.
May 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
Gotta love all of those hiding places around the shop!

Railing looks nice!
May 17, 2010, 12:04 AM
Damp and Dizzy member
Yes, beautiful railing, will really add to your ship. Know what you mean about too many containers holding stuff :-)
May 27, 2010, 11:01 PM
Dragon Slayer
Thank you guy's, and yes I do, BuT there is a point when one might have toooo many hidding spots, I think the wife is getting wize to my tacticks, buy it, hide it, forget it, find it,

The wife asked me to day if I was going to fiber glass the Wawona or just sand a finnish her out, this wile I was about to set the masts permanetly, I stop and said I am going to fiber glass it, she ask" and how are you going to balance the boat on the mast to do that" Sooo I stoped what I was about to do and got some cloth on it to night, I'll glass her out in the tomorrow,
May 27, 2010, 11:16 PM
You don't plan to make the masts removable?
May 27, 2010, 11:24 PM
Kraut
Now you know what ya got ya wife for, don't cha.

Very, very nice built.
May 27, 2010, 11:27 PM
Dragon Slayer
Aerominded:
No I am going to lock them in place, they will fit in my van with out a problem, or in my pick up, when I run at the lake next to my home, (to far to carry it one and a half blocks) mostly because there is so much rigging it would be a pane to set it up and brake it down each time.