Jul 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
More flights recently...Having alot of fun with the Habu.
Love the paint scheme. What did you use for tanks?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2010, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
The tanks are from an old kyosho T-33.
Oct 10, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hi all,
I need your help guies:

I just received a 2nd hand Habu with 2 Turnigy 4000 mah 4S 30/40c LiPo packs, today I wenr for the maiden, but the plane did not take off at all...she ate all the runaway, but did not lift off...I know these LiPos are heavy, but thigs are:

1: it stock motor/fan, elevator works correctly

2: would you please post a picture with a sign on the idieal CG spot? I know the manual states 4 inch from the leading edge of the wing...but I would like to have visual confirmation, I'm from Italy I could have misunderstood someting...thank you
Oct 10, 2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadamanZero
Hi all,
I need your help guies:

I just received a 2nd hand Habu with 2 Turnigy 4000 mah 4S 30/40c LiPo packs, today I wenr for the maiden, but the plane did not take off at all...she ate all the runaway, but did not lift off...I know these LiPos are heavy, but thigs are:

1: it stock motor/fan, elevator works correctly

2: would you please post a picture with a sign on the idieal CG spot? I know the manual states 4 inch from the leading edge of the wing...but I would like to have visual confirmation, I'm from Italy I could have misunderstood someting...thank you
The plane should had taken off no problem did you let her pick up speed , you need at least 100 feet before lift off as far as CG don`t worry about it , the plane flys nose heavy from the get go also are you flying a 4s pack ? if you are not she will not get airborne must fly on a 4s 30c 4000 or 3300 at best
Oct 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
hi guys, gana get ether a pz habu or a pz extra 300.
how much fling space would i need to fly the habu in and what do you think of the plane.
i have nether flown a edf jet before but have masterd 4 chanel planes simular to the extra 300. i have been flying for over a year so would you recomend the habu to me.
do you know anything about the extra 300?
Oct 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
Cajun

Habu with new Afterburner, Lights and Gear Video

Made this video of my stock HABU with the RC Lander light kit with afterburner. Repainted the airplane from blue and yellow to red and black. Replaced stock landing gear with Vigilante RC landing gear (They are great). Enjoy the video.
Habu flown by Larry Cogdell (4 min 39 sec)

Larry Cogdell
Nov 28, 2011, 03:50 PM
posted in error sorry
Last edited by gyronuts; Nov 28, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Jan 19, 2014, 06:13 PM
Is the cg the same in the specs, cheers
Jan 20, 2014, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
The cg in the specs is good, although I am now a little more tail heavy and prefer it that way.
Apr 14, 2014, 12:03 PM
I don't know why, but the only time, when I can get a correct CG is with a 2100 4s lipo that is about 100g less than the recommended 3200 lipo. And this works only when I remove the front steering wheel and use the non retract option. I have the stock motor and fan. Any ideas?
Jun 30, 2017, 01:54 PM
Hi guys. I bought a crashed Habu in a plane lot and was wondering what to do with it. A part of me was just going to strip all the parts out of it, but instead of taking the time to tear it down, I thought I'd try and sell it to see if anyone wanted to components.

Now I'm wondering if it'd be worth "fixin up" and making flyable again. I think it really only needs a new vertical stab and canopy. I can get those on eBay for ~$25 or so (after shipping), but I see that there is the Habu 2 airframe for sale for $100.

Now, I'm a bit OCD and really prefer my planes to look pretty. Even if I could fix up my Habu 1, that crunched nose would drive me nuts. However, I'm not sure if the Habu 2 airframe would be compatible with my Habu 1 electronics. Do you guys know if this would be a solution, or is the Habu 1 guts not compatible with the Habu 2 airframe?

P.S. You can see photos of the Habu in its current state here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...35&postcount=1
Last edited by Suko; Jun 30, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply