Nov 20, 2012, 11:25 PM
Taking care of business
Shadow, you vid kicks arse. Very nice job, two thumbs up!
Hope you find the quad in the lake.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh man Shadow, very sorry to hear about that. I probably should have to the float fly instead of going to the field yesterday.

Your latest video with the DLGs in it was awesome.
Nov 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
Quadcopter has been found. Fingers crossed i can salvage something
Nov 21, 2012, 02:42 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
Awesome! Bill Davenport got his going after dunking in Lake Hodges
Nov 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:

good news!
Nov 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
Korey,

From past experience with electronics I'd get some denatured water or perhaps filtered water and flush the electronics. It's been in dirty water and although the recievers no longer have chokes or transformers, you do want to clean off the PCB as best you can then blow them dry. A little heat from a lamp to drive aout any moisture might not hurt. The same with the electric motor where contamination can get in the windings. A gallon of water from the grocery sold for a steam iron would be a good choice. I've had to flush, clean and dry ham radio equipment in the past and it's worked. I probably would not worry about the bearings as they are probably pretty well sealed and yo couldn't lubricate them anyway.

Just a few thoughts. Glad to hear that you got it back!
Nov 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechMusketeer
Korey,

From past experience with electronics I'd get some denatured water or perhaps filtered water and flush the electronics. It's been in dirty water and although the recievers no longer have chokes or transformers, you do want to clean off the PCB as best you can then blow them dry. A little heat from a lamp to drive aout any moisture might not hurt. The same with the electric motor where contamination can get in the windings. A gallon of water from the grocery sold for a steam iron would be a good choice. I've had to flush, clean and dry ham radio equipment in the past and it's worked. I probably would not worry about the bearings as they are probably pretty well sealed and yo couldn't lubricate them anyway.

Just a few thoughts. Glad to hear that you got it back!
After all that, you can put the components in Tupperware with uncooked white rice. The rice will absorb the moisture in the air as it evaporates from the equipment.
Nov 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
One with the machine
Isopropyl Alcohol is the best thing to have, just dip all the electronics in it, this will remove ALL the water from the electronics (Now if only you had some )
Nov 22, 2012, 12:26 AM
picked up the quad copter and went straight to kroger. Got a 10lb bag of white rice, 17 1gal ziploc zipper bags, two bottles of 91% alcohol, and 3 little containers of wet cat food.

So far the gopro has been disassembled washed with alcohol and put in a bag of rice. Naza, NAZA gps, naza power regulator, and Vtx have all been washed and put in a bag of rice as well.

i also baked the rice a little bit to dry it out even further. everything will sit for at least a week. going to do the motors, esc's, and CORE when i get back from flying tomorow.

I did manage to recover my SD card and i was able to repair the corrupt file when it went in. going to edit it up a little and post up the dumbest thing i have done to date probably
Nov 22, 2012, 09:19 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Very nice to hear you recovered the Quad. I really enjoy your vids and look forward to you getting this one back in the air.
Nov 22, 2012, 11:37 AM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
picked up the quad copter and went straight to kroger. Got a 10lb bag of white rice, 17 1gal ziploc zipper bags, two bottles of 91% alcohol, and 3 little containers of wet cat food.

So far the gopro has been disassembled washed with alcohol and put in a bag of rice. Naza, NAZA gps, naza power regulator, and Vtx have all been washed and put in a bag of rice as well.

i also baked the rice a little bit to dry it out even further. everything will sit for at least a week. going to do the motors, esc's, and CORE when i get back from flying tomorow.

I did manage to recover my SD card and i was able to repair the corrupt file when it went in. going to edit it up a little and post up the dumbest thing i have done to date probably
Good news out of a bad situation. Best of luck in the dehydration.
Nov 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
I still cant believe how really really stupid i was thinking this might work.

Disco Dunk (2 min 5 sec)
Nov 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
Almost had it....It would have been better to have a fishing pole handy. Nice try though.
Nov 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
I just don't think I would want to eat anything you cought with the "fishing pole" you had hanging out the front. Maybe you used the wrong bait.
Nov 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
Missing all the expletives at the end of the video.

Quick Reply