Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:12 PM
Khosravi is online now
Find More Posts by Khosravi
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
Khosravi's Avatar
After many frustrating days and nights, the 1900mm Skywalker is safe to go for it's maiden flight. My first plane to have a UHF system in it. Too bad the weather isn't looking too promising now. Charging up the batteries just in case it clears.

-Chris
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:22 PM
electrich is offline
Find More Posts by electrich
DLG addict.
electrich's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnast View Post
After many frustrating days and nights, the 1900mm Skywalker is safe to go for it's maiden flight. My first plane to have a UHF system in it. Too bad the weather isn't looking too promising now. Charging up the batteries just in case it clears.

-Chris
Come on out to dfc tomorrow...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Looks clean Chris!


...Hey Rich, check this out:
BURNING MAN FPV - Black Rock City Aerial Tour 2012 (5 min 20 sec)


I wanna go for 2013, when/where are tickets available?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
electrich is offline
Find More Posts by electrich
DLG addict.
electrich's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Looks clean Chris!


...Hey Rich, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftsNh...layer_embedded

I wanna go for 2013, when/where are tickets available?
Check the website...

That environment is brutal on Rc gear. It has to be much worse for fpv cams and electronics. I went in 2001 and everything that I took was pretty much ruined by the gypsum dust, including my lungs for 3 weeks. It's a hippie heaven, and I'd love to do it again, but my wife won't let me hang out with thousands naked 22 year old girls anymore.. Not to mention the "random tests" I get at work
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:48 PM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
I need to order a DL antenna for my Zepher, do I get the 30 or 36 inch antenna? Do I get better reception with the longer antenna?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
GoldCraft is offline
Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I need to order a DL antenna for my Zepher, do I get the 30 or 36 inch antenna? Do I get better reception with the longer antenna?
Either is fine ....no difference in reception. Get the length that works best for your setup placement.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:39 PM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Thanks, just ordered.... also picked up 2 JR DS821's and an Ice 100 today

This covering arrived and looks great, it is the colored CF vinyl- white for top and red for bottom
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Ho-Jazz is offline
Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Thanks, just ordered.... also picked up 2 JR DS821's and an Ice 100 today

This covering arrived and looks great, it is the colored CF vinyl- white for top and red for bottom
Sounds slick Bradley...ice 100?! Pushing some power! I have a ice 50 and can get 60mph level no prob. Dive around 115...
What motor you running? And 4s?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:06 PM
Eddie James is offline
Find More Posts by Eddie James
FPV Racer - N4FPV
Eddie James's Avatar
Shadow - I see you are in Acworth. I am over by Brookstone myself. Where are you flying FPV out here?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
I think I could get away with an 80amp, but figured I could have a little headroom.

The motor is a Hyperion HP-ZS3014-12, I have found a few people using this on 4s; reports of 10x6 prop putting out 1200 watts and pulling 80 amps at WOT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
GoldCraft is offline
Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James View Post
Shadow - I see you are in Acworth. I am over by Brookstone myself. Where are you flying FPV out here?
Eddie.....come up to woodstock and we will fly I just got back from Canton....made a few flights with my disco quad ....workn on dialing it in.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:24 AM
Eddie James is offline
Find More Posts by Eddie James
FPV Racer - N4FPV
Eddie James's Avatar
When I drove by there the other day GC the dust bowl looked like a shopping center was being built. Are you flying at that soccer field near it?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:48 AM
GoldCraft is offline
Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie James View Post
When I drove by there the other day GC the dust bowl looked like a shopping center was being built. Are you flying at that soccer field near it?
JJ Beillo soccer fields off Arnold Mill . I also like to to fly in Canton off Bluffs Parkway near Hickory Log reservoir......a large undeveloped industrial park.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:03 AM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Most of my time is spent flying at noonday park but head up to JJ beillo occasionally. We all need to get together for a small FPV meet one day
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:27 AM
GoldCraft is offline
Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Most of my time is spent flying at noonday park but head up to JJ beillo occasionally. We all need to get together for a small FPV meet one day
Sure....I think you would like the sight in Canton. Its always clear to fly there...deserted ....great for FPV . This was taken from my EZ*.

Evening FPV flight (6 min 44 sec)


Hickory Log Res. 12-29-11 (7 min 0 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Good areas to fly r/c jets in Atlanta, ga area? skyhigh357 Foamies (Kits) 4 Oct 26, 2011 01:15 PM
Discussion Atlanta Area Gas and Electric Power Talk MLT67 Atlanta Area RC 1646 Sep 03, 2010 09:36 AM