May 04, 2011, 07:25 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ouch, sorry to here that.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh man! I just looked through all of your pictures on the Revolver. You had a really nice set-up. Sorry to hear about that. I see you have the 46 size Revolver too.
May 04, 2011, 11:46 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emillard
Oh man! I just looked through all of your pictures on the Revolver. You had a really nice set-up. Sorry to hear about that. I see you have the 46 size Revolver too.
Superem lost his revolver. Was not sure if you thought I lost mine.
I just replaced my aileron servos with HS 5085's metal gear. Will do some more flying this weekend.
May 05, 2011, 11:54 AM
I had some 12 gauge wire lying around and made a series connector for 2x 3S 5000.
However the Zippy batteries come with 10 gauge.

Should I make the connector 10 gauge as well?

I bought a Castle Creations Series Connector for my 71 Slick and noticed that it too was 10 gauge.
May 05, 2011, 12:18 PM
Got Adrenaline?
I would. I don't know much about electrics but common sense wise it makes sense to keep it the same gauge why choke it with smaller wires in the series connectors.
May 05, 2011, 02:35 PM
Superem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens
sorry to hear, that sucks!!
+1!!
May 06, 2011, 09:31 AM
trying out a xoar 15-7 on a satio 100 for my revolver going to make that 4 stoke go fast like a buel..
May 06, 2011, 09:53 PM
For build 2 I will try the 1/8 Robart Hinges. I think the 3/16 were too big.

Or should I just stick with the stock hinges?
May 07, 2011, 12:31 AM
Got Adrenaline?
The Stock ones are fine for me. I tend to fly my sport planes fast but smooth, no major g loads by hard pulls I have a 540 extra for that. I guess it will depend on your flying and what u want from your revolver.
May 07, 2011, 05:55 AM
The only problem I have with the CA hinges is after a while they become brittle and give especially on sport planes.

On my Pulse 25 , the rudder hinge decide to give at takeoff. I noticed it right away and aborted. It would've been and adventure if it took off.

I will try the 1/8 Robarts.
May 07, 2011, 09:36 AM
Got Adrenaline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superem
The only problem I have with the CA hinges is after a while they become brittle and give especially on sport planes.

On my Pulse 25 , the rudder hinge decide to give at takeoff. I noticed it right away and aborted. It would've been and adventure if it took off.

I will try the 1/8 Robarts.
Learn something new everyday. I didn't know that about the CA hinges. Going to have to inspect my smaller revolver closer has she been in my hanger the longest.
May 12, 2011, 11:23 AM
This is my first electric greater than 4S. I plan to use a CC Phoenix 80 with a CC BEC. I understand the wiring diagram with one exception. The ESC with its red wire disabled plugs into the throttle port (CH3) on my receiver. Into which port does the BEC plug? I am using a Futaba R617FS receiver. CH1 is rt aileron, CH2 is elevator, CH3 is throttle, CH4 is rudder, CH 6 is left aileron, CH 5 and 7 are open.
Thanks!
May 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
You can put a plug on the BEC output and plug it into any open channel. In your case channel 5 or 7.

It doesn't matter because all the negative terminals are connected to each other, and all the positive terminals are connected to each other. The signal terminal is what is separate.

With a bird this big, I like a separate battery (receiver battery) instead of a BEC.

Nick
May 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
Nick, what are your concerns? Running low on juice from the main packs? I would really like to avoid the extra weight.
May 12, 2011, 11:56 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
I like to use a receiver battery separate from the power system. It makes testing of the control surfaces and electronics safer when you don't have the possibility of accidentally arming the power system as you might with BEC systems.

Some might also argue that the BEC is one more thing to fail. I have used 2S A123 cells with excellent results and I don't have to worry about the BEC trying to handle the 6S voltage being fed into it (increased power dissipation, etc.).

The additional weight of a small battery pack is insignificant for this plane. In my case, I need the small pack weight to balance the plane. See my blog on RCGroups for more info on my installation.