Dec 27, 2009, 12:45 AM
FPV maniac
Thread OP
Discussion

Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake

Went to the lake today for some Fun Jet FPV. We had a blast but it was cold. Hope you enjoy the video.

Lake Flight True FPV (4 min 45 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2009, 12:57 AM
I'm lost.. again..
Nice video! Where about in CO is the lake? Looks familiar. Thanks for sharing.
Dave
Dec 27, 2009, 01:17 AM
Great footage... but I thought "true FPV" means head tracking... it's more like "true RPV" :P
Dec 27, 2009, 03:11 AM
True fpv is just flying via the camera.
Whether is has HT or not is irrelevant :P

Cool vid!
Dec 27, 2009, 08:48 AM
FPV maniac
Thread OP
Vaportech, it is Lake Pueblo in Pueblo West. No wonder it looks familiar to you. Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.
Dec 29, 2009, 08:38 PM
Challenging Convention
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCow007
Great footage... but I thought "true FPV" means head tracking... it's more like "true RPV" :P
As ChancesAU said, headtracking is just a "bonus", but if you want the most realistic experience you can get, check this out:

CAP232 First snow at my r/c club (10 min 42 sec)

Cheers

Andy
Dec 29, 2009, 10:39 PM
FPV maniac
Thread OP

FPV flight

Andology,

Great video and a super FPV set up. That was just about a close as you can get without actually feeling the G's! That camera is placed exactly where it should be to give the actual pilots prospective. Nice Job!

Bruce
Dec 29, 2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah7566
Went to the lake today for some Fun Jet FPV. We had a blast but it was cold. Hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.vimeo.com/8402571
Awesome!
Dec 29, 2009, 11:47 PM
KF7JBN
nice video. Who is the music? Sounds strangely familiar to me, but couldn't find it on any quick lyric search.
Dec 30, 2009, 12:02 AM
FPV maniac
Thread OP
Jhondra, the music is some old stuff I dug out of my downstairs closet. LOL It's Blakey St. John - 40 white pearls from 1995, but I still like it.

Bruce
Dec 30, 2009, 12:19 AM
What kind of flight time do you get with the Funjet and fpv equipment? I'm looking at getting into FPV and the Funjet is one option I'm looking at. Want something fast, easystar not that appealing (except for it's nice long flight times)
Dec 30, 2009, 12:29 AM
Jag, I get around 8-12 mins on a 2200mah 3cell & an ARC motor - cruises around @ 80kph using like 5 amps
If I fly like an idiot I get like 5-7 mins...

Easystars are rubbish really, very common for FPV but very limited in their maneuverability...
Easygliders are fantastic flyers tho, just a little tight to fit the gear in - this is what im using at the moment, it actually glides when you cut the power! easystars glide like a chicken..
Dec 30, 2009, 12:31 AM
Hehe, thanks for the input, sounds like a Funjet may be the way to go for me. Would love a Habu but doubt I could get enough flight time, I want at least 10 min.
Dec 30, 2009, 12:46 AM
Funjets are awesome FPV planes!
Just stick a bigger battery in for longer flight times, I got the funjet cause I wanted longish flight times and it preforms great!

Dont get a cheap motor, they will be in-efficient...
These motors run a max of 26amps in my FJ & top speed of 125kph leveled out or 179kph in a dive...
Edit: I use an APC 6x4 prop with this combo...

Fast enough for me
Dec 30, 2009, 09:35 AM
FPV maniac
Thread OP

Fun Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
If I fly like an idiot I get like 5-7 mins...
I am using a Himax HB2815-3000 and a 2200mAH 3S pack on mine and I usually fly about 5 minutes with the video equipment. If I stay off the throttle I could get about 2 or 3 extra minutes of flight time most likely.

I find it very hard to stay off the throttle though, it is just too much fun to go fast with this airplane. However it does fly very well in the mid throttle range and is quite stable too.

I am building an FPV Easy Star and it's almost finished. I do like the Fun Jet but I also want to do some more videos up close to some cliffs and trees and I am thinking that a slower platform will make for some interesting video. I can't wait to try it out.

Idealy I think both a quick maneuverable and a slow stable platform will each make great FPV video, it just depends on what you like and how you prefer to fly.

Bruce

Quick Reply