A 24V power supply from two 12V power supplies. - Page 64 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by feathermerchant, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 11, 2017, 04:41 PM
Just received my 24v/69A setup, like crazy fast shipping, came packed really well. this is going to work great for my iCharger 308Duo setup.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 02:01 PM
"I will return" Federico
My PSU (2x12V, 63A) has been working great for the past two months, supplying power for charging close to 100 cycles on 6s and 6s2p LiPo packs. Unfortunately, at the last IMAC event - on the day before the start of the contest - there was damage to the power line that I was not made aware of in time, and when I plugged my charging station in the PL6 discovered the low voltage and stopped the charger. The PSU, however, seems to have sustained some damage, as I see only one green light now on one of the two units. I thought after powering it off and reconnecting to a good 110V outlet it would recover, but I get the same error I did before on my PL6. My back up PSU (same type) worked fine on the same outlet once power was restored.

Any ideas what happened to the PSU, and can it be fixed?
Aug 16, 2017, 04:12 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Do you know what the damage to the power line was? Do you mean the cord?
With everything disconnected from the power supply, plug in each power supply.
If one has no light, swap the power cords and see if the same power supply does not light.
Aug 16, 2017, 04:58 PM
"I will return" Federico
Oops! Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. A tree fell onto the Duke Energy power line that runs into the club field. My power cords are fine. Apparently there was enough voltage at the club outlet for me to power up my charging station, but too low for the PSU units to work with safely without damage.
Aug 16, 2017, 05:53 PM
"I will return" Federico
I just checked the damaged PSU: it's putting out only 12V instead of 24. Both fans turn on, but only one green light.
Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Check the voltage of each unit separately. The one with the light off is probably the bad one.
Be sure its cord is pushed all the way in.
If a tree falls on a line it could affect the ground as well as the power. Hard to say if voltage was low or high.
If unit tests bad, you can send it back to me for repair. Charges will be reasonable.
Yesterday, 09:44 PM
"I will return" Federico
I just sent you an email. I'll ship it back to you for service. I'm glad I had the backup for competition.
Yesterday, 11:52 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Yup I always recommend a backup if flying is really important. If you live long enough you learn that everything breaks and it doesn't care when it breaks. It necessarily breaks while you are using it which is necessarily inconvenient.