This thread is privately moderated by feathermerchant, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2014, 02:36 PM
Hi feathermerchant.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I have a special question about the 42A supplies. Why are you soldering this wire? I saw in other threads that an outside connection of two pins is also necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
Here's what I did. Isolate the screws, and then scrape the green off the etch to expose the copper and add the jumper. The jumper is 24ga solid copper.
I sold one 24V setup with one power supply isolated this way. It is just too much work considering how many 47A 24V setups I sell.
Br Stefan

Edit: i mean post 431
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2014, 06:00 PM
Bubba
Hi there Feathermerchant,

I just ordered the 24V PS and I would like to find out if I can get the quiet version?

I've been following this thread for a while and appreciate all the effort and energy you put into this. I finally made it to the 6S club and I really need your service.

Thanks either way!

Bob Seaton
Mar 08, 2014, 05:02 PM
@ feathermerchant

I'm converting a server power supply and the ac voltage reading from the neg to the case is approx 5 volts but If you ck the continuity from the neg to the case there is no connection while running or in the off state. I have isolated the board with nylon washer and screws and with the power off checked the continuity from the neg to the case the there is no continuity.
Why when running it would read/show 4-5ac volts with reading it from the neg to the case?
Mar 09, 2014, 10:35 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
If you do not have it tied to ground or some other fixed potential like the 12V output of another power supply, it will "wander around". We don't isolate the ground except when we need to. Then we connect the output to another supply giving it a reference.
Mar 10, 2014, 07:10 AM
Is that ok or is there a danger of getting shocked?
Mar 24, 2014, 09:04 PM

75 amp supplies

Hey all. Im about to pull the trigger on a 12/24 75 amp setup. Seems unless i missed it i see no information on this blog about the 75 amp models here. Just curious mostly. Seems like more power for similar money. Just curious ..i am of course speaking of the feathermerchant site.
Apr 10, 2014, 09:07 PM
Flash Time
When you convert 2 12v 900 watt to a 24v what would to wattage be? The same or double?
Just making sure before pulling trigger on two need a second opinion...
Apr 10, 2014, 10:09 PM
ancora imparo
Double.

You have doubled the voltage but the current is the same.

You will have a 24V 1800 watt supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planekiller1
When you convert 2 12v 900 watt to a 24v what would to wattage be? The same or double?
Just making sure before pulling trigger on two need a second opinion...
Apr 11, 2014, 09:04 AM
Flash Time
jj604

Thx.
Kurt
Apr 21, 2014, 04:21 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Planekiller - Looks great. I really should build one.....

Lunker - The 75A are an recent addition to my website. I have been using them as well as a few buddies at the field with no problems. They have temperature controlled fans and a lot of power available. 75A when connected to 120V and 100A when run on 240V.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:46 AM
Ever notice bad news travels fast,
Good news never travels.
I'd like to share my recent purchase experience with "feathermerchantrc" with you all.

IMPRESSIVE.
Great customer service. Takes the time to answer all, even if silly, questions/emails and helps you select the correct power supply for your needs. Great build quality, great packaging and fast delivery.

All to often suppliers are not given the credit they deserve for great customer service and great products they provide us.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
Apr 23, 2014, 01:09 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Thanks for the kind words. I try. I really do.
So how about more pictures of that hobby room in the background.
Apr 23, 2014, 01:27 PM
Flash Time
I have to agree he really has done a great job much better than any other person that would sell something... About to put my money to good use... Thanks a lot for all of the answers to my questions...

Kurt
Apr 27, 2014, 02:26 AM
Pictures of the hobby room in the back round to come....after I tidy up a bit.

Quick Reply