This thread is privately moderated by feathermerchant, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
Thx jj.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin
I talked to two guys at a fun fly today who had figured out how to have two 12V supplies in series with both of them grounded, and able to touch each other. There's some trick with keeping the A/C side grounded while ungrounding the D/C from the cases. Is anyone familiar with this technique, or have a diagram of how/why it works?

Daniel
hehhe welcome to the club pal of 24v charging.. I saw your were selling your other power supply.
May 22, 2011, 02:27 PM
Last edited by Lonelasso; May 31, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
May 22, 2011, 05:27 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
They are used pulled from servers. They are 'tested' to see if they come on before being shipped to me. I load test every one before it goes out. I have sold hundreds and only had a few failures. I use them every week myself. Their new price is hundreds of dollars.
May 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
They are used pulled from servers. They are 'tested' to see if they come on before being shipped to me. I load test every one before it goes out. I have sold hundreds and only had a few failures. I use them every week myself. Their new price is hundreds of dollars.
Last edited by Lonelasso; May 31, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
May 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
chebert
chebert

Thunder Power 820CD Power Supply

Hi,
I am looking for a deal on a power supply for my new Thunder Power 820CD charger, TP says to get all of the benefit from this charger you should have a PSU capable of the following:

Output power : 40 amps continuous, 1000 watts Or Higher
Output voltage : 27.2V DC
Input voltage : 108132 VAC (120V)

But they said that 24VDC would also work, if you can make me one that will work with this charger please contact me asap on the best price you can do and when could I get it, I would like it to be already assembled so all I have to do is Plug N Play..
May 29, 2011, 06:05 PM
AKA Boomhauer
Just for say that you do ground the two supplies together..
Are they fused in any way or just a particular diode or something normally pop, or would it just be done for?. The green indicator is now dead as is the fan. Can't be to careful..
May 29, 2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomchevac
Just for say that you do ground the two supplies together..
Are they fused in any way or just a particular diode or something normally pop, or would it just be done for?. The green indicator is now dead as is the fan. Can't be to careful..
May 30, 2011, 01:26 AM
AKA Boomhauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
They ARE fused !! It's located near the rear. You'll need to unplug the upper part of the case to get to it. Believe it's 5 amp.
Thank you for the reply lonelasso, I have the case apart but see no fuse, will look further tomorrow.
May 30, 2011, 01:31 AM
AKA Boomhauer
Here is the ones I am using.
Part Number

DPS-600PB
Product Tpye Power Supply
Generation DL380 G4
Wattage 575W
Input Voltage
Hot Pluggable Yes
Redundant Yes
Auto Switching Yes
Cooling Active Fan
FAN Internal
May 30, 2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomchevac
Thank you for the reply lonelasso, I have the case apart but see no fuse, will look further tomorrow.
May 31, 2011, 12:53 AM
AKA Boomhauer
I see it. It has shrink wrap on it.
May 31, 2011, 02:01 PM
I wanted to share my experiences with the feathermerchant power supply and my project. First I have to thank Feathermerchant for his great communication and helping me deal with broken power supplies as a result of shipping companies being hard on packages. I know these power supplies can be found a little cheaper online but the little extra money is worth the assurance in the knowledge that youre dealing with an honest person who not only tests these supplies before sending them out but will take care of you if any problems arise. As mentioned, the supplies were damaged by the shipper and James took care of me with no headaches.

Unfortunately I had camera issues, well actually my wife had accidental delete issues, and I lost the pics I took during the build. Consequently, I will have to share the completion pics.

I picked up a eurolite case from procases, which was also pleasant because I was able to pick up the case I needed directly from them in Vernon, Ca. You can order the same case online from them at procases.com, they can also make a custom size if you so wish. I used the 4 row cd case and removed two of the dividers, removed the foam where the supplies and lexan will be going and painted the inside with some oil based black paint.

I wired the supplies for 12v and 24v. In the pics you see a common negative used for both voltages and the other bus bar contains a 12v and 24v side. It was difficult to find the exact bus bars I wanted but finally found what I was looking for at West Marine.

I couldnt help but use a few led lighted fans to help circulate air through the case. Also, picked up a flush mount iec receptacle from fry's to plug the cord into. Real clean install and allows me to just open the case, plug in the cord and Im ready to go.

I installed 2 sets of flush mount banana jacks that allow for additional 12v and 24v capability if someone wants to plug their chargers into my setup. Finally I hooked up 3 icharger, 208b's to the 24v side. I ran the wires through a nylon sleeve to help protect the wires going through the lexan and make everything look nice.

The only thing I want to do is add a baffle under the lexan on one side of the power supplies. The purpose will be to force air through the supplies instead of allowing them to flow over the top of the supplies as in it's current setup. Im also going to make some labels for labeling the bus bars and the banana jacks on top of the lexan. Lastly, I am going to put in some dividers and figure out how I want my batteries, balancer and pigtails to sit in the box. If someone else has any suggestions let me know, I would like to improve this box any way possible.

I put alot of thought into this and tried to make a portable, clean, charger box. I dont have any big helis, in fact this will mostly be used at the local indoor tracks to charge batteries for my 1/8 scale buggy and 4x4 short course truck. I mostly will be charging 5000 mah, 5 cells and 5000mah 2 cells at 2c. This is way over kill and may prompt me to get another buggy because I have all the charging power I need. My dad just bought a buggy and I dont think he will need to upgrade his charger equipment because I should have enough power to charge his 4 cells and all my batts too!

Let me know what you all think!

May 31, 2011, 07:16 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Thread OP
WOW. That looks nicer than my planes.
May 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
OMG! Truly an awesome job. A work of art!

I feel so inadequate with my 2 power supplies Velcro'd together with a single set of banana plugs.

Quick Reply