Dec 25, 2009, 09:06 AM
Check your six
Thread OP
Alert

Zeke's Park Scale Models

Well I hate to do this, but I need to let everyone know about my experience. Over 11 days ago I submitted an order (over $70.00) on Zeke's website for 2 kits. Paid right away with my CC. Needless to say I became concerned when the order wasn't shipped after 1 week went by. I sent 4 e-mails, at least 4-5 voicemalis and 1 PM to Zeke. He only answered 1 email. I live in NJ and he is in PA (1 state away). Previous to sending the order, I sent him an email stating these kits were my Christmas present from my wife(now she's upset I didn't get them). I printed out my receipt and it gave my a USPS tracking number 2 days after my order. Of course the USPS tracking number was worthless ( I checked it several times a day). Talking to several people about this I was told that he considers this a "side line" and doesn't care much about it! If you are set up as a business then don't advertise on the internet and not service customer's who pay via your website. BTW, my last PM went unanswered. Sorry to say, it doesn't look good. I guess I'll try to call my CC company next. Anybody else deal with him?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2009, 01:10 PM
martys
Sorry to hear of your problem.
I've not had a problem with any of my few transactions with this company. But I've not had any recent dealings.

BM
Dec 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
Check your six
Thread OP

13 days and counting

Here we are 13 days and counting. No response to further e-mails and 1 PM. Looks like Zeke's has pretty much stuck me for my money. The next step is the CC company, Consumer affairs of PA, and his local BBB. I intend to report him to anyone who is in authority and who will listen. Don't buy from him!! He does not respond and will take your money and not ship the items!
Dec 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I have had only good expereinces with Zeke. (I own one of his Monocoupe kits) Give him a chance to make it right. He could have the flu, the weather has been so bad that shipping services have been having delays, he could be off for the holidays...it could be anything.

You say he answered one email...what did he have to say in it?

Some part time outfits do take longer to ship and give service because the owner has a real full time job.

If you search around here, you will see extremely few complaints about Zeke. Yours might be the first one I have seen.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Dec 29, 2009, 05:30 PM
Check your six
Thread OP

Tom I appreciate you coming to Zeke's rescue. However, here is the problem that I have. I sent him at least 6 e-mails, 2 e-mails on his website, 2 voicemails and 1 PM. Nothing was answered for 2 weeks plus until today. He apologized and said he didn't know what happened to the shipment and that he has 3 other shipments that were "lost through the USPS". OK I can believe that the USPS lost it. But here is another thing I have a problem with. One of the other orders belongs to my Buddy Fran who placed the order before I did who ALSO left him voicemails and e-mails with no response either for 3+weeks! I think this is piss poor service. I can't believe that someone like him wouldn't check their e-mail/voicemails for 2-3+ weeks not to mention their e-mails on the website. He said he was sending the kits out today. We shall see if what he says is true. He has no excuse for not answering the requests via e-mails or voicemails real job, other job or no. Don't sell anything if this is the service level you provide.
Last edited by martys; Dec 29, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Dec 29, 2009, 11:09 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by martys
Tom I appreciate you coming to Zeke's rescue. However, here is the problem that I have. I sent him at least 6 e-mails, 2 e-mails on his website, 2 voicemails and 1 PM. Nothing was answered for 2 weeks plus until today. He apologized and said he didn't know what happened to the shipment and that he has 3 other shipments that were "lost through the USPS". OK I can believe that the USPS lost it. But here is another thing I have a problem with. One of the other orders belongs to my Buddy Fran who placed the order before I did who ALSO left him voicemails and e-mails with no response either for 3+weeks! I think this is piss poor service. I can't believe that someone like him wouldn't check their e-mail/voicemails for 2-3+ weeks not to mention their e-mails on the website. He said he was sending the kits out today. We shall see if what he says is true. He has no excuse for not answering the requests via e-mails or voicemails real job, other job or no. Don't sell anything if this is the service level you provide.

I don't consider my comments coming to his rescue. Just stating that my experience was more in line with typical vendor expectations. I do feel that you are overreacting when you say that Zeke is taking you for your money after only 13 days has gone by. Stuff happens and I would not consider that a vendor is ripping me off until much more time has gone by, during a time that is not full of holidays.

Legally, a vendor has 30 days to ship an order. If they have not done so within that time, they are legally required to send a notice of delay.

A one man show can be affected by many things. If someone with a small cottage operation offers a unique product, I am willing to wait a little longer for it, if required.

Larger companies have the ability to offer much greater levels of customer service and I hold them to higher standards of timeliness and communication.

Interestingly enough, we did a good bit of on line ordering for Christmas. We had three orders (non R/C related) disappear en route to our house. Tracking shows that they were delivered, bu we never got the material. Each company has agreed to replace the missing shipments and the process is running around three weeks for each missing item, from original order to receipt of the repalced items.

If Zeke does reship right away, he will be matching the performance of the three companies that I have been dealing with..and they are far from a one man show.
Last edited by Thomas B; Dec 30, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
Jan 02, 2010, 07:35 PM
martys,

I am waiting as well. Ordered on the 15th, figured shipping priority mail takes 2-3 days according to USPS, should have been here by now, even with the holiday.

A reply to inquiries would go a long way to soothe frayed nerves. If you are taking two weeks off over the holidays, than I would expect a note on your website stating such. It's just good business.
Jan 02, 2010, 09:33 PM
Check your six
Thread OP
He said he was shipping out new kits. The e-mail was dated 12/29. As of today, 1/2/2010 I have not seen the kits or had any further luck trying to get a response from him despite sending more e-mails. I'll give him a couple of more days and then I will be forced to do something I had hoped to avoid.
Jan 04, 2010, 04:17 PM
Still no answer to PM's or email. I know he's been logged in here, the latest was 9:08 PM last night. Called (717) 428-0923. No answer, left a message. No storms in the area of any consequence according to Weather Underground. I don't know what's going on, I hope there's no family emergencies, but the lack of responses is getting old in a hurry. Zeke if you're reading this, just shoot me a PM and let me know the status. It'll take 30 seconds man.
Jan 04, 2010, 04:29 PM
Check your six
Thread OP
Same here. No response to PMs, voicemails, e-mails several times. Apparently we aren't the only ones with this problem. I don't know about you, but I'm royally pissed off. Looks Like I will be contacting the PA BBB, my CC company and anyone else who can help here. Marty
Jan 04, 2010, 04:45 PM
My wife is really disappointed. This was my big Xmas gift. I've been lusting after the Monocoupe 90A for over a year.
Jan 04, 2010, 05:03 PM
I need a bigger Hanger!
I placed my order with him back on 11/24/2009 and I still don't have all the kits. I left him 2 voice mail and sent 2 e-mails and he will not respond. The plane he never sent was a Christmas gift. He needs to let his costumers know whats going on. It has now been over a month and I live in PA, the same state he does. I made 2 orders to Hobby City in Hong Kong since I ordered from Zeke and they came all the way from Hong Kong. He still can't get me what I paid for in over a month. I'm sick about it.

Very frustrated customer, Fran

This was my 3rd order from him and they all took a long time to ship but this by far is the longest.
Jan 04, 2010, 08:25 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Well, the votes are in and it does not look so good for Zekes outfit, I have rto say, Too many very slow issues and not enough good experiences are showing up.

Legally, he does have a month to ship or contact you, but that level of service is thankfully the rare exception and not the norm in this hobby. The good vendors are setting the bar pretty high.

Zeke, I hope whatever is slowing you down so much is curable for future customers.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Jan 04, 2010, 09:04 PM
So he's logged into RC Groups at least twice this evening and still no response. What do I have to do? I've left PM's, Voicemails, emails. Do I need to send up smoke signals? Carrier pigeons?

On 12/15 you emailed me and stated, "It doesn’t calculate them unless a foreign country is selected. Thanks for the order, I should get it shipped out no later than this weekend.

Zeke"

You have until tomorrow Zeke. This is ridiculous.
Jan 05, 2010, 08:07 AM
Check your six
Thread OP
I sent him a PM last night. Told him to forget the order. Today I contact the CC company and pull the money I paid him. We will see if he has the guts to call me and the other Guys who have ordered kits from him. Zeke I hope you lose every bit of business from here on out and your "side show" goes under. Your business practices are terrible and you are a loser. I will never do any business with you ever again. You should shut down your website immediately. I have half a mind to tell you to your face.

Quick Reply