Hobby King Skyfun - speed thread - Page 49 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 24, 2012, 11:44 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Should be here tomorrow! Cannot wait for this awesome plane!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Just bought a Skyfun. 6S 6.5-6.5 and this motor. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...90mm_EDF_.html

Should be dangerous Oh... im gonna put some fpv gear in it as well. And glass it.
Mar 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
This thing is a blast. Definitely in my top 5! The price is also a nice bonus. That being said... I want a bigger one Hobbyking!!!
Mar 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
Registered User
KC10 CC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying
This thing is a blast. Definitely in my top 5! The price is also a nice bonus. That being said... I want a bigger one Hobbyking!!!
Did you get the stock version or kit with upgrades.
Mar 04, 2012, 07:55 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10 CC
Did you get the stock version or kit with upgrades.
Stock and upgraded after a few flights with some gear I had laying around from HK.
Mar 05, 2012, 04:19 PM
Blade Flyer

SkyFun Servo Throw Settings


I recently purchased a Skyfun Jet (Plug and Fly). The manual that came with the jet was for the Ready to Fly model that comes with a pre-programmed radio. I am using my own DX6i radio system. The manual does not include the recommended servo throw settings for the elevator and ailerons. Can someone provide me recommended values for low and high rate operation? Any other programming information like recommended exponential values would also be greatly appreciated.
Mar 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
Retired in NC
Rich in ILM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7424
I recently purchased a Skyfun Jet (Plug and Fly). The manual that came with the jet was for the Ready to Fly model that comes with a pre-programmed radio. I am using my own DX6i radio system. The manual does not include the recommended servo throw settings for the elevator and ailerons. Can someone provide me recommended values for low and high rate operation? Any other programming information like recommended exponential values would also be greatly appreciated.

As much as you can reasonably get on the control surfaces if you are using the stock set up. I set expo at 40%. I wouldn't worry about a low rate. The plane is a dream to fly if you get the CG to the center of the finger holes. It will fly real slow and real fast.
Mar 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
ICrashRCs
I prefer CG more toward front of the finger holes.
For a maiden flight just set your dualrates at 70/30.
As you get more comfortable with it take your throw rates up.
Mar 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Blade Flyer

Looking for actual measurements


What I'm looking for is an actual measurement of deflection like 3/8" low rate and 1/2" high rate for elevator and aileron. I have my DX6i set up for elevon configuration now but I know I can get more throw if I set it up for dual aileron configuration. Guess I'll just "wing" it.
Last edited by pb7424; Mar 06, 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Mar 06, 2012, 07:37 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7424
What I'm looking for is an actual measurement of deflection like 3/8" low rate and 1/2" high rate for elevator and aileron. I have my DX6i set up for elevon configuration now but I know I can get more throw if I set it up for dual aileron configuration. Guess I'll just "wing" it.
Haha thats all I do is wing it! Honestly, just toss it up with everything trimmed properly, your rates set around mid range and see where it goes. It repairs easily, its quite a gentle bird in the air yet it can still rip. It really is a great airframe. I am ordering a few more upgrades from hobbyking to see how fast I can get this thing going in spring when we have our speed run competition
Mar 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
ICrashRCs
pb,
Check your movements for uneven throws or lack of travel.
The DX6i has issues with the elevon mixing.
You can follow the instructions here for success:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=35
Mar 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
Registered User
hello a new here a rcgroups. i was wondering if any of you tried putting landing gear on a skyfun? hobbyking has a Stinger 64 EDF Optional Landing Gear Set i tried it on my parkjet it flies fine problem is landing though it bounces if i land fast and stalls when i go slow maybe the size is the issue parkjet is small.
Mar 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by red25
hello a new here a rcgroups. i was wondering if any of you tried putting landing gear on a skyfun? hobbyking has a Stinger 64 EDF Optional Landing Gear Set i tried it on my parkjet it flies fine problem is landing though it bounces if i land fast and stalls when i go slow maybe the size is the issue parkjet is small.
I have never tried it.. If you just take some strapping tape and apply it to the bottom on the landing points it will last quite a while. I do this on all my belly landers. This is a great plane and I have nosed it into the ground pretty hard and never had more than a little scratch (this was before I put the strapping tape)
Mar 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Registered User
Hey guys!
Check out my 2700 watt Skyfun FPV build here.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post21055037
Mar 21, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User

qUESTION tIME!!!


Fellas, I have this post up over on the speed forum:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66168

Basically, I have a Stryker-Q oem motor, an 80A esc, 4S/2200 Sky lipo's (x4), and an APC 7x5 prop...all from a former *sniff* Stryker Q.

On the bench, I easily get 1KW. This power setup needs a new home to rock-n-roll in...So would the Skyfun be a good candidate??

[amazingly, the SF looks like one of my all-time faves...the Stryker F27c...coincidence???]

thx gents

Jeff


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Vendo Rádio Hobby King 4ch + Receptor 6ch (2.4GHz) Amazon Brazil 0 Dec 02, 2009 08:52 AM
Discussion Hobby King 40mmx5mm folding spinners @ ~450 Watts? Owen Hedger Power Systems 3 Dec 01, 2009 03:46 PM
Discussion Hobby City/ Hobby King FPV setup- thoughts? Smokescreen38 FPV Talk 6 Oct 23, 2009 05:27 AM
Discussion Hobby King Hobby City MIG 15 7car7 Foamy EDFs 5 Oct 15, 2009 07:43 PM
Question hobby king speed controller question? qtturner1 Power Systems 3 Jul 09, 2009 12:17 AM