Jan 01, 2010, 05:36 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
HOLY wow. that things going to fly apart . why does everyone have videos on such nasty looking days lol i know my last one was to I was unpacent to wait for good weather its winder and days like today pretty bluew skys are in 40s with 10-15 mph wings dont mind flying in wind but the cold i do
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2010, 09:42 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoflyer
Hi I've done the same with my Skyfun.
I used a Neu 1107 2.5Y motor and a 2200mah 4s with a 4.7x4.25 APC prop @ 600 watts.
Here a link to my video
You're the one! HA I just got one of these (my first plane ever) and am using you as the 'upper limit'! I saw your video on youtube and can't even follow the plane.

I'm a heli person but wanted something to zip around at the field. I've strengthened the canopy with velcro, replaced the ESC with 40A plush, motor with a 3500kv heli motor - on this motor I won't go above 3S.

maiden (speaking of cold):

skyfun maiden

Last edited by rocketscience; Jan 01, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Jan 02, 2010, 01:05 AM
Pushing the envelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
You're the one! HA I just got one of these (my first plane ever) and am using you as the 'upper limit'! I saw your video on youtube and can't even follow the plane.

I'm a heli person but wanted something to zip around at the field. I've strengthened the canopy with velcro, replaced the ESC with 40A plush, motor with a 3500kv heli motor - on this motor I won't go above 3S.

maiden (speaking of cold):

skyfun maiden

what kind of camera and where did you get that video camera?
Jan 02, 2010, 02:02 AM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoflyer
what kind of camera and where did you get that video camera?
Wait, I think there's 2 questions about 2 different cameras?

1) Still cameras for the photos? If so, it's a canon 5d mkII. Photography is another hobby of mine

2) ebay for the spycam. About $13 shipped. spycam is an example.. might want to shop around. It takes microSD (not supposed to be SDHC but I think 1 person said it worked - no guarantees ). Took like a month to get here for me. xmas rush I guess.

The fisheye lens on front is for a cellphone:

from amazon

from dealextreme

2nd link is half the price but will take 4 times as long if not longer.

PLEASE put the spycam on front and take a video! Can't imagine the ludicrous speed..
Jan 02, 2010, 09:26 AM
Just thumbing through...
Dopplered flyby occuring at 51sec-60sec at 155km/h
Jan 02, 2010, 12:32 PM
canon 5d mkII ? Awesome pics. Jealous! OK...back on topic....

Jerry
Jan 02, 2010, 12:48 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolavoodoo
canon 5d mkII ? Awesome pics. Jealous! OK...back on topic....

Jerry
thanks, and (off topic I know - last diversion!) .. it takes decent video too..

heli video

cut with other camera footage, but all the fisheye and shallow dof shots are from it.
Jan 02, 2010, 06:02 PM
OK....off to get me a canon 5d mkII. Just gotta find $2600 (that's without the lens!). Eventually will get high end SLR. Awesome, gotta love HD!

Jerry
Jan 08, 2010, 08:08 PM
Not a six pack
I like this plane as a camera platform

skyfun 2 onboard cameras (4 min 18 sec)
Jan 09, 2010, 01:10 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
cam looks the same as the car key cams on ebay if so i use sdhc microsd in mine 4gb works fine.
Jan 09, 2010, 07:52 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
cam looks the same as the car key cams on ebay if so i use sdhc microsd in mine 4gb works fine.
Yeah it's the same, but I thought sdhc wasn't compatible. Good to know it is.
Jan 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Not a six pack
so I'm just gonna keep on posting...

skyfun rolls (5 min 13 sec)
Jan 13, 2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
so I'm just gonna keep on posting...
LOL. I started this because I thought others might be making them fast but it seems more popular as a camera model. I have new fins so I'll be up flying (FAST) again soon.

I also bought a keychain camera because your vids did look cool....
Jan 13, 2010, 10:53 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.E. Johnson
LOL. I started this because I thought others might be making them fast but it seems more popular as a camera model. I have new fins so I'll be up flying (FAST) again soon.

I also bought a keychain camera because your vids did look cool....
Eventually it will be fast. First I gotta learn to fly it decently.

Yeah I want to see an onboard camera from one of you speedsters.
Jan 15, 2010, 05:13 PM
Not a six pack
skyfun crash (3 min 3 sec)