This thread is privately moderated by Ghost 2501, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2017, 02:30 PM
Question?
I would like to order items to build a steam boat.Being located in the US I find most if not all
of the suppliers are located across the pond,Trying to order items from individual suppliers
runs the shipping coast many times more then the cost of the item.Is there any way to
consulate these items in to one order to reduce the and shipping cost?
Thanks Bob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2017, 08:31 AM
here are a couple links to suppliers I recently found

www.clevedonsteam.co.uk
www.pendlesteamboilers.com
Nov 15, 2017, 03:59 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
http://www.pmmodelengines.com

Upstate New York based-good selection of accessories -limited engines and boilers but very reasonable in price.
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Nov 15, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
Jun 26, 2018, 06:31 AM
Anyone know where I can get lagging for steam pipes please? I have gone through lots of suppliers websites, but cannot seem to find it..

Thanks
Bob Bunker
Hong Kong
Jun 26, 2018, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerboy
Anyone know where I can get lagging for steam pipes please? I have gone through lots of suppliers websites, but cannot seem to find it..

Thanks
Bob Bunker
Hong Kong
Hi Bob,

Use good quality white parcel string, wind it around the steam pipes and then coat it with Poly Filla or some of the plaster hole fillers that you can get, sand them smooth and paint white.

Try and kept string as dry as possible as when it condenses and becomes wet it lowers the Temp of the steam in the pipe,

George.
Jul 06, 2018, 02:28 AM
Thanks George - I will give that a try

Bob Bunker
Sep 05, 2018, 04:57 PM

Does Typhoon Motors still exist?

Web searches not successful and their website "in repair" so I am wonderong 6 years later, does Typhoon Motors still exist, and what happened? Did their engines really work?
May 12, 2019, 04:52 AM
Pendle Steam Boilers Ltd

Pendle Steam Boilers Ltd

Pendle Steam Boilers Ltd. We make model steam boilers for the marine and stationary hobby enthusiast. All of our boilers are hand made in house using only the very best matertals. We offer boilers from 2.5" diameter to 6" diameter in both vertical and horizontal orientation. We also offer to make any boiler to your exact requirements. We also make all brass water tanks, gas tanks and condensers. Email us at [email protected] and visit our online store at www.pendlesteamboilers.com

Quick Reply