Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
Find More Posts by Bonafidepirate
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Cool

How about an awesome Sony camera for $25 shipped?

Want a great FPV camera for a mere $25 shipped to your door? Here ya go!

When looking for another cheap camera to try as a spare, Tushev suggested this one gave me a link to the item on eBay. I ordered it, waited for it to come in, and finally got a change to try it out this evening. I was quite surprised how well it works! I honestly didn't expect much for $25, but the specs looked good so what the hell. I'm glad I took his advice...

It's a 1/3" Sony SuperHAD, uses the same signal processor as the KX-171, 420TVL, etc. Click on the picture above for a full "review" with all the details, and a test flight video!
Last edited by Bonafidepirate; Dec 27, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Kmart
Just got one today. didnt get a connector for it though, did you?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, mine came with a short cable (about a foot long) with a small connector to fit the camera, and the other end had a barrel connector for power, and a BNC connector for video. I happened to have an extra small connector to fit the camera on hand, so I used that instead of butchering up the included cable while I tested to make sure it worked.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by Kmart
Hey, here is a question for you- how tall is your pan/tilt mount?

Could I pay you to make one for me? Looks good!
Also, where do you get your microphones? I need to try one...

-Kevin
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by Kmart
Do you know where you got the connector? I need to find one.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by Cralis
I love FPV!
Last edited by Cralis; Dec 21, 2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:01 AM
Find More Posts by galaxiex
my karma ranover my dogma
That's awesome for the price.

Ordered one.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:08 AM
This extra connector was "harvested" from some electronics I'm sure, it was in my parts bin. I can dig in there and see if there's another one, you're welcomed to it if I find one!

As for the pan/tilt, it looks better than it is... lol It works well, but where it pivots for tilt has a lot of slop in it now, it wore out fast. It's just a dowel running through the length of the balsa block on the bottom. If you're setting up a Slowstick, check out the mount here, it looks great! I may pick one up for myself eventually.

http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...&products_id=6

Cralis, obviously I like it, and think it works well... I'll let others be the judge though!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
That's awesome for the price.

Ordered one.
Great! Let us know how you like it when you get it!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by Cralis
I love FPV!
Bought one.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:59 AM
Just looked and I don't have another connector, but I found them here for $4 I was hoping to save the one with the BNC connector, and replace that with a RCA plug to test my camera's with.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=253&page=1
Old Dec 21, 2009, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by gnikolay
I also ordered such camera an month ago. When received - it doesn't work - but seller agreed to refund my shipment back to HK and immediately send me an new one. Looking in your video I glad that ordered it Hope to receive it working soon
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by wedge98
Awesome news Keith. I plan to order a couple tonight.

Also, I like what you've done with FlyFPV.com. Very nice site that already has provided me with a great source of info. Are you looking for additional people to add reviews and content to the site?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by elettroman
RC Pazzo
Lovely camera, but please, can you specify more clearly IF this is classified as a video camera that need a transmitter with a down link receiver? You don't mention really how you suppose use this camera. Please, can you put more info. Thanks.
ALDO
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by Kmart
Oh wait, I harvested some parts from an old computer, I might have one in there!

My camera is actually a Sharp, not Sony. Looks similar though!