This thread is privately moderated by ColdwaterHobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 20, 2009, 09:17 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
Wanted

Looking For Nice hanger Planes For New Hobbyshop

Hi we Are opening a store In Coldwater,Michigan and we are looking for some R/C Planes to hang in A Hobby Shop They dont need to have engines so if you looking to get rid of some planes let us know we can also take them intrde also,local would be best in person is better thanks
Last edited by ColdwaterHobby; Dec 20, 2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: picture upload
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2009, 09:41 PM
Thread OP
wow
Dec 20, 2009, 09:52 PM
foamie re-cycler
Do you really need some planes hanging from your ceiling to attract sales ?Very few of the hobby shops I've frequented (a lot of stores) have such displays ....if you feel as though its essential to your operation ...why not just order up some glider kits of the various planes you intend to stock/sell as display models ...cost wise probably no different than buying models premade by others.....my $.02 worth...
Dec 20, 2009, 10:17 PM
Thread OP

Maybe Your Correct

I thought it would be better to have full arf hangnig instead off the foamies or other guys ther is always room to get rid of some stuff i guess thanks for the .02 cent comment,Lol have a good holiday
Dec 20, 2009, 11:17 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
I was in a shop last week with lots of hanging models, and there were 2 couples in looking up... for a long time... I personally think it can only help. You might consider taking consignments...
Dec 20, 2009, 11:36 PM
Trader Rating: 66
gas tires and oil
i love hobby shops that cover the ceiling with hanging planes!

marty
Dec 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
Trader Rating: 46
Sounds like a great idea. As a kid over 60 years ago the local hobby shop with Planes Hung From The Ceiling was a draw many young people would go look dream and eventualy save their money and would go back and buy a model.

If I lived closer I would gladly let you have some of my built up OLDIES and Sailplanes to hang up.
Dec 21, 2009, 12:33 AM
Trader Rating: 292
1.21 Gigawatts!
I agree. Consignment will get your ceiling filled up pretty fast. But be picky with what you take in.
Dec 21, 2009, 01:50 AM
Trader Rating: 2
Windy City Flyer
recently visited a hobby shop in woodinville, wa and they have a 17ft wingspan glider there on consignment.... many people including myself checked it out for a time. It can only help sales....
Dec 21, 2009, 09:17 AM
Trader Rating: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdwaterHobby
Hi we Are opening a store In Coldwater,Michigan and we are looking for some R/C Planes to hang in A Hobby Shop They dont need to have engines so if you looking to get rid of some planes let us know we can also take them intrde also,local would be best in person is better thanks
I wished that there were a hobby shop to go to within 150miles. If wishes were dollars, beggers would eat and I would own the worlds largest hobby shop, (with lot's of hanging models).
Merry Christmas--Feliz Navidad
Good winds and happy landings
Dec 21, 2009, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Maybe Consignment would be better even adding a consiment page on our site kind of like a used stuff section thanks for the idea
Dec 21, 2009, 09:56 AM
Trader Rating: 12
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Why not contact any local clubs to get the word out? See if you can use their e-mail lists. Plus it will let your potential customers know you're going to open.

The two shops in my area hang planes. One is consignment, the other not. The consignment lot is far better, and changes from time to time!! I even sold a plane there myself.
Dec 21, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Will Do thanks
Dec 22, 2009, 09:28 AM
Best of luck with the new hobby shop. After 20 years of success (and with lots of wonderful hanging aircraft all over the ceiling) my favorite (I liked to say 'World Class') shop here in ABQ got sold and went into a swift decline--the economy being the major factor, I suppose. It is now gone... :-(
Dec 22, 2009, 10:25 AM
Thread OP
thanks we will hang on tight

Quick Reply