Vac-U-Box Mini Vacuum Former - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 20, 2009, 02:25 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Discussion

Vac-U-Box Mini Vacuum Former

I came across this looks perfect for Wheel Pants and Canopies.

http://nautilusmodels.com/vac-u-box.htm
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2009, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
It's not that expensive. Probably a good option if you don't want to build your own. There are lots of plans out there, though, and it's not hard to do. My problem is that the wife has declared our kitchen a hobby free zone (don't ask how THAT came about) so I need an oven. it's always something.
Dec 21, 2009, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philba
It's not that expensive. Probably a good option if you don't want to build your own. There are lots of plans out there, though, and it's not hard to do. My problem is that the wife has declared our kitchen a hobby free zone (don't ask how THAT came about) so I need an oven. it's always something.
Make your own oven by building a wood box 2" sq put lid on, at the botton put a 500w quarts light.
it will get very hot in side, I use to work construction and in the winter we would build what we called a "HOT BOX" and put TV dinners in it to heat up our lunch.
wattmeter
Dec 21, 2009, 08:10 AM
And...what a great visual primer on the whole process on their site! Thanks for sharing. Rich
Dec 21, 2009, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattmeter
Make your own oven by building a wood box 2" sq put lid on, at the botton put a 500w quarts light.
it will get very hot in side, I use to work construction and in the winter we would build what we called a "HOT BOX" and put TV dinners in it to heat up our lunch.
wattmeter
Actually, I'm looking to build a radiant heaer that would go above the vacuum platen so the heated sheet can be dropped onto the plug quickly. There are plenty of plans out there.
Dec 21, 2009, 06:50 PM
Aircrafting is noisey...what?!
Light bulbs are safe heat sources and things won't catch on fire if left on.
I've formed plastic with a heat gun too but it almost required 3 hands.

Quick Reply