Anime Aircraft - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 08, 2003, 05:51 PM
Macross Maniac
Cool

Anime Aircraft

I was wondering if anyone has seen people making models of aircraft found in Anime (japanese Animation)? I ask because while some of the designs are not so hot, There are some series that have great looking planes that would make really fun projects, and most are loosely based on real-world designs.

Many of the designers of these aircraft are actually engineers as well, and so they try to keep realism and fun in balance. for instance, I am considering building a semi-scale of the plane below, which some of you might recognize as a Veritech Fighter from Macross. I think that it's very doable (and may have already been done before).

It is a great place to source new design concepts, and you'd certainly have a head-turning, unique model!
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2003, 06:00 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
djdon- I think that would be really cool..

I would really love to have a EDF T-2 Buckeye... That's not an Animie jet but still.. Should be cool. I'll watch your progress..

Where can you find more Anime jet's?
May 08, 2003, 06:08 PM
Macross Maniac
http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/modlog.shtml

This is where i got the great picture of the above aircraft... As you can see, from Macross alone there are probably 10 or more feasible designs (as long as you leave out the "transform to robot" features) Here are the other views of the above plane. It's alot like an F-14, obviously but with no elevators - It is a thrust vectoring design.
May 08, 2003, 06:11 PM
Macross Maniac
and another design of another Macross fighter ( from another site):
May 08, 2003, 06:21 PM
smug in granny panties
That second one is cool, kinda looks like a SU 27 and a S-37 Berkut mated.lol

Barry
May 08, 2003, 06:26 PM
wheel chock

Not a Jet....

but I'm going to build one of these one day...
May 08, 2003, 06:28 PM
Macross Maniac
That is from Wings of Honnemaise, Right? That is another cool show to get aircraft from, especially if you like props and Golden Age/ Modern cross designs...
May 08, 2003, 06:34 PM
wheel chock
Djdon,
Yep wings of Honnemaise, The story line isn't enthraling, but the artwork is amazing...

Mitch.
May 08, 2003, 06:56 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
I liked Wings of Honnemaise. =]

Cheers,

~Anime Junky
May 09, 2003, 09:47 AM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
Did someone say T-2 Buckeye ?

http://eapg.org/Reference/Buckeye/T-2.htm
May 09, 2003, 10:45 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
I like this one!

Enlarge the wings and canards a bit and you have got a good model airplane. Also the exousts needs to be reworked a bit.
May 09, 2003, 12:26 PM
Just a reference note. I had built a 30"alpha fighter from the third gen of robotech. Unfortunatly it is long gone, however the good news is that it did fly and actually quite well. The only design change I made was to put a canard in the front built right in to the foreward wing. I beleive that the vf at the top would be your best bet and what a dream that would be for many of us anime fans including myself. perhaps try using an f-14 plan and modify it. Check the f-14 thread as it has alot of good info on it and also has several ways worked out to sweep the wings. Keep us posted, I am excited to see what you decide to do!
May 09, 2003, 01:01 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
Originally posted by EAMRC
Did someone say T-2 Buckeye ?

http://eapg.org/Reference/Buckeye/T-2.htm
Awesome!! VT-23.. My dad's squadron! I would love to get one of these... Is there any plans for a full bodied version?
May 09, 2003, 01:24 PM
I think this has the potential to be a very interesting thread! While not from Anime, here is a 'fictional fighter' that I would like to try someday. Hope it's not too far off topic. Imagine it at 24" WS, 18 ounces AUW and a Mega 5 turn with MAS 7x4. Fanfold construction.
May 09, 2003, 02:15 PM
Thomas,
Get in touch with planekrazy (Gordon) he makes some pretty exotic stuff, he may have some suggestions for you.