Dec 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Help!

3:1 Gearboxes left is right, right is left!

Hi all,

Scratching my head here...just got an early christmas gift (I love my wife!!!)...Mato's 3:1 brass gearboxes for my HL Tiger and after I installed them, I ran into a bit of trouble.

It goes forward and reverse ok but when I flip the stick left, it turns right and when I flip it right, it turns left....never had this happen before. What can I do to fix this?

I tried reversing the plugs but forward is back and back becomes foward etc

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2009, 07:38 PM
The wires are crossed on the motors, my KT had the same problem
Dec 16, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thread OP

Fixed - Thanks Vipe

Thanks Vipe - works like a charm...lotsa power in those 3:1 gearboxes...now gotta outfit my other tanks with those!!!
Dec 22, 2009, 11:36 AM
How is the speed with the 3 to 1 setup? I looking to do the
same with my HL Tiger and my HL Bulldog. But the Bulldog
was a pretty fast tank in its day. I was thinking of upgrading
to a pair of 540s on it.
Dec 23, 2009, 06:59 AM
Thread OP

Bit slower but more realistic

Compared to the stock metal gears I had the tank is slower but the power behind it is incredible! I was able to climb 45 degree angle like I was traversing flat ground...so I set up a test....made a ramp and the tank climbed a flight of 12 stairs like nothing...was at least 35 degree slope.

I don't mind the loss of the speed in this case but if it supposed to be a "fast" tank...you'll definitely loose the effect.

Cheers!
Mike
Dec 23, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks I don't mind the speed loss on the Tiger, but I'd like
to keep some of it on the Bulldog. They both need more pulling
power with the metal tracks and drives

Have a Happy Holiday

Quick Reply