Feb 12, 2010, 11:14 PM
usaf3kteam
You mean no dust cool.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Wow, green grass in Poway. This is wrong.
Ha ha... Yes California does get green.... The Polish girls think the same thing because they arrive in June and leave in October... But winter and spring were all green...

Craig
Feb 13, 2010, 07:02 PM
Steve Meyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgloco
Ha ha... Yes California does get green.... The Polish girls think the same thing because they arrive in June and leave in October... But winter and spring were all green...

Craig
Craig, I am sure you make it Green for them.
Feb 14, 2010, 12:40 PM
Make Flying Fun
Green is good! I'm in, although visiting relatives in Thousand Oaks I might not be able to tranport a plane! Hopefully someone may trust me with a beater or such? Anyhoo, will try my best to come with some kind of wings!
Feb 14, 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve
Craig, I am sure you make it Green for them.
Actually this year my Friend Aliza came back in October and it snowed on us at Yosemite.. She was amazed that California had anything but sunshine... Haha
Feb 15, 2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Just a quick question about classes....
How are you going to handle Jr classes?
This will be a qualifier event for them as well, right?

Thanks.
That's a great question Kenny... I have no idea... You would think they would just isolate their scores....

Craig
Feb 15, 2010, 09:08 PM
Steve Meyer

Rent-A-Car

Just reserved a Full Size vehicle from the Enterprise in Poway, less than half mile from Country Inn.

They have a special rate for 3 of the 4 days of $17.34/day! Much better than the $220/week + $60 in fees at the airport.

Room for 2 more.
Last edited by SOAR-Steve; Feb 15, 2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: price check
Feb 17, 2010, 02:38 PM
turn, turn, turn.
What's the pilot number cutoff?

Are you getting close?

Thanks.
Feb 17, 2010, 03:04 PM
Challenge is rewarding
We havent advertised the cutoff in a few years. We set it at 90 pilots. I/we could get a big rush if I said there were only 25 spots left, but there are about 40. I would guess we get a 75-85 pilot turnout this year.
Feb 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
Do we know how many people are currently registered? I know Mike Seid hasn't updated the list in a while . . .
Feb 17, 2010, 03:38 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Dang. I need to sign up...
Feb 17, 2010, 03:48 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Yes Jun, Yes you do.

Don't get too comfortable people. Just because we are 20+ places away from the 90 person cap, don't think that you will have a spot reserved for you. 90 people is a hard bound number. We will not exceed that cap. Bruce set his at 65, and had to bump it up to 75 with the increased demand of the Polecat not being around anymore. This will not happen at the IHLGF, there will not be more than 90 pilots allowed to compete. This shouldn’t discourage any newcomer from participating. We cater all of our social events to include and incorporate all of our first time pilots. We form and attract the top level of competition to cater to the top pilots. There is something for everyone. This is the International Hand Launch Glider Festival.

So get your reservation in now. Between the IHLGF (WC) and The Bruce (EC), there will be no top pilot missing. Come fly with the best, and get the best to time for you. Also, when you make your travel arrangements, don't forget we have official social events planned from Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon. Come hang out and become part of the crew that you have been reading about for the past 17 years

And that includes you Jun.
Feb 17, 2010, 04:11 PM
G_T
G_T
I am struggling with the checkout on the registration. The pages just get messed up after I do any "add to cart" and the only way out I've found so far is to clear the cart. So I haven't found a way to make multiple entries.

Gerald
Feb 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
Challenge is rewarding
use IE or chrome, for some reason the page doesn't work well with Firefox which pisses me off since that is what I use.
Feb 17, 2010, 04:18 PM
G_T
G_T
Actually using IE as that is what I'm stuck with on the corporate network where I can access the site.

Quick Reply