Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 13, 2009, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by Craig9080
Question

Best bang for your buck OSD?

Hey everyone.

My FPV radian will be flying by the new year, and i was hoping some of you could help me. Initially, i did not think that an OSD was something i needed, but after talking to a few guys, it sounds like a pretty good idea. I have been looking at the Rush OSD (http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=397) and it looks like a pretty good deal. If you guys have other recommendations or thought please post them.

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by JohnyGab
I'm the one who design this OSD, so if you have any question, feel free to ask, I will reply as soon as possible.

Please note that everybody like to make business with nghobbies, he have a great support....its a really good idea to buy your things there.

Here is more video :
Ile Charron avec RushOSD (6 min 35 sec)

On this one, I was flying with Funjet2008 and Vrflyer What a nice day.

And this one with a funjet ( Pre-Sale version of the OSD )
Funjet, low altitude flight (4 min 42 sec)
Last edited by JohnyGab; Dec 13, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks, i dont have any questions right now, you OSD looks like the best value out there right now. I agree, NGhobbies is the best. I just placed my first order though him and he has been a great help with everything to this point.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by ssassen
Suspended Account
Best bang for the buck? Has to be the EzOSD - the nononsense OSD, also available from NGHobbies. No fuzz setup, no frills, just the essentials, engineered to prefection by actual engineers, not amateurs. Offers lots of upgrades such as antenna tracking, live Google Earth and iPhone flight tracking etc. etc.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by workshop
Closed Account
I like to test new technology that emerges on these forums. Everything from RCAP, TinyTrack, MX’s WPSequencer, PicoPilot, DragonOSD, AttoPilot 1.8, XTends, Co-Pilots, and more have been fitted into my planes.

Regarding the EzOSD, I could not agree with Sander more… I’ve been at this FPV/UAV hobby for more than five years (10 total in RC) and the EzOSD product is nothing short of revolutionary. I have two EzOSD’s and an antenna tracker. The real time and post flight telemetry (attached to the recorded audio channel) that drives Google Earth works GREAT and has opened up a new hobby for my spotter Nick who no longer is burdened with twisting the tripod handle. This gadget pulls all the important elements of FPV into one place electrically, (i.e. camera, VidTX, GPS) and geographically (telemetry, flight summary, and post flight analysis).

The EzOSD was released as a finished, mature product and therefore is easy to setup and use. I can see this becoming a standard soon; especially since people can share flight video/data and play other people's flights at home via the free Immersion RC player and free Google Earth.
Last edited by workshop; Dec 13, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by Unpoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Best bang for the buck? Has to be the EzOSD - the nononsense OSD, also available from NGHobbies. No fuzz setup, no frills, just the essentials, engineered to prefection by actual engineers, not amateurs. Offers lots of upgrades such as antenna tracking, live Google Earth and iPhone flight tracking etc. etc.

Cheers,

Sander.
Are RSSI comming?

was thinking of EZOSD but no RSSI, then Black Stork,mm naa and now RUSH looks nice, need to get myself a nice 12V reg/filter to feed my stuff then..
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:21 PM
Closed Account
EzOSD has a port to input and therefore display RSSI. Information can be found in the pro manuals. The "trick" is to find the RSSI output pin on the particular RX you wish to use.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
The RushOSD have a fitered RSSI Input and direct support Futaba FASST receiver packet loss. Also can be used with any other Rssi signal, but may require a signal buffer, like any other osd.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by heliav8r
Fly like nobody's watching!
FYI....
I found a link elswhere in this forum that listed all the OSD manufacturers and their respective functions and features. I found this rather interesting when compating OSDs.
Here is the link to the thread. You can click on the first link you come to for the spreadsheet!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=osd

Joe
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Well I'm not going to say who is the best bang for your buck but do your research and see which one suits you best before you shop. Here is a reference chart which may be a good start.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jg&output=html

John
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by heliav8r
Fly like nobody's watching!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Well I'm not going to say who is the best bang for your buck but do your research and see which one suits you best before you shop. Here is a reference chart which may be a good start.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jg&output=html

John
John,
You and I think alike. The link in my post above yours is the same spreadsheet.

Joe
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:53 PM
Closed Account

Omg !!!

Saturated Marketplace...
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:02 PM
Wow, i did not notice their where that may OSDs out there!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop View Post
Saturated Marketplace...
I think that give to the end line user the bigest choice is a great thing. Its not saturated, its great to have diversification. Its like in the servos world, big choice, great evolution