Dec 13, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

I've been out of the loop...what's going on with Ricky Carmichael bikes these days?

My Ricky Carmichael Radio Shack bike has been in my closet for a couple of years.

I am tempted to pull him out of the closet! haha

I have it in the box in really good shape, but I don't want to use it if I should sell it and upgrade to a better bike. The Duratrax looks awesome.

I could maybe sell Ricky, get maybe 150 to 170 for him and then reinvest into the DX450?

Any opinions for me?
Last edited by Thresher; Dec 13, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately your expectations for the Ricky are extremely high. The resell market for basically all rc bikes is terrible. None of them really hold their value well especially the older bikes. The only bikes that do ok when reselling are the kyosho hor's and to get close to what you've invested they better be new in the box or new with the box. Even nice condition used hor's bring much less than what they cost. Ive seen many ricky's go from 40-70 bucks on eBay depending on the condition and what type of electronics they have. Not trying to bust your balls just giving you a heads up on what to expect. You might be better off trading him for some parts to start building the kind of bike you want. Take care, Timmy
Jul 02, 2012, 03:13 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
lol. I think considering the post is circa 2009 and he hasnt logged in since 2010, his expectations are much lower.
Jul 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
probably got sadden by dx450. vmx to go.
Jul 02, 2012, 02:29 PM
Sorry guys didn't realize how old the thread was. I was half asleep when I responded.

Quick Reply