Thread Tools
Mar 08, 2010, 06:37 PM
Registered User
SchiessCo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt
as with all war movies, the director has "creative license". last movie that i saw that actually depicts what really happened is Blackhawk Down.
I recently heard that a good director does not necessarily portray war accurately, but makes a person who has never experience war feel as though they have.
Mar 08, 2010, 07:33 PM
Suspended Account
^very true. if i really wanted something more factual, i'd watch a documentory.

i guess what i was trying to write is, the director stayed close to the book and most of the reality of the event. Blackhawk Down is one of those movies that goes full bore after the first 15 minutes.
Mar 08, 2010, 07:36 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt
Blackhawk Down is one of those movies that goes full bore after the first 15 minutes.

Also one that makes you wanna jump up and punch the wall a few times
Mar 14, 2010, 05:33 AM
Suspended Account
Bilbobaker's Avatar
Just finished watching Public Enemy and I give it a thumbs up.
Mar 14, 2010, 01:24 PM
urs
urs
Registered User
Alice in wonderland...
crappy book pure rubish...and definatlay will not see the film...

Lord of the rings books so overblown Jacksons films the greatest...


urs

ps love Tolstoys war and peace book read it repetidly every year...still waiting for a great film vertion...the recent tv series wasnt too bad but...


pps what does all the above say about me???
Mar 14, 2010, 01:34 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs
Alice in wonderland...
crappy book pure rubish...and definatlay will not see the film...

Lord of the rings books so overblown Jacksons films the greatest...


urs

ps love Tolstoys war and peace book read it repetidly every year...still waiting for a great film vertion...the recent tv series wasnt too bad but...


pps what does all the above say about me???
No imagination?
Mar 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
I saw Inglourious Basterds on the plane from Hawaii. Was very good and the German fella that won the Oscar for supporting did his duty on that one. Not the best I ever seen but kept me watching the whole time
Mar 14, 2010, 02:10 PM
Suspended Account
Bilbobaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
I saw Inglourious Basterds on the plane from Hawaii. Was very good and the German fella that won the Oscar for supporting did his duty on that one. Not the best I ever seen but kept me watching the whole time
That's kinda the way I rate rental videos.... if I pause them when I make a pit stop they better than average.
Mar 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Majortomski's Avatar
Just rented and watched Amelia, Great flying sequences. Only major goof was having a DC-3 in the bacground in 1932
Mar 14, 2010, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs

pps what does all the above say about me???
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
No imagination?
i agree!
Mar 14, 2010, 11:09 PM
Suspended Account
saw Alice in 3D.
the 3D was really something. the picture just popped. even the scenes when it was just actors and dialog, the picture seems almost as if your in the room.

as far as the story, eh, it's Alice in Wonderland. as usual, Tim Burton puts his own flavor to it too.
Mar 15, 2010, 05:54 PM
crashdummy6's Avatar
I just saw Alice over the weekend. Surprised the kids. I thought it was very good. The 3D stuff was great. Hot chicks with vorpal swords. How much better can it get. It was not as dark as I had feared from Burton and Depp. All in all, good movie.
Mar 15, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'd rather be Flying
davecee's Avatar
My wife and I saw A in W this Saturday. We both enjoyed it and thought it was a very good movie.
Dave
Mar 15, 2010, 08:05 PM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Heard Alice was good. May have to take it in this weekend
Mar 16, 2010, 12:08 AM
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
Ink. Indie fantasy film made for $250k. Cool.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Landing Gear up or down? scigs30 Free Flight 10 Dec 21, 2009 03:55 PM
Discussion Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down-AirTronics RDS8000 8CH Gsquared08 Radios 3 Apr 18, 2008 06:46 PM
Idea brushless motor sub-forum!!! thumbs up/down xterarc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 6 Dec 03, 2005 12:41 PM
Balsarite (thumbs up or thumbs down?????) bigbear3721 The Builders Workshop 2 Aug 06, 2004 09:00 AM
Rant CLIC wing thumbs up, EDF 50 thumbs down Bernie Wolfard Foamies (Kits) 15 Oct 04, 2003 12:20 AM